• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Civil Enforcement Limited

Collapse
This thread is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Civil Enforcement Limited

Originally posted by myeash View Post
    Oh goodness me I am so stressed out. Firstly because I completely forgot my password for this forum and it has taken days to get it reset and because I've received a letter back from CEL (after sending the one M1 suggested and others confirmed they had had success with it) but unfortunately they are not buying it and will not cancel the enforcement (such a lovely choice of words...). Giving the usual blurb about loss of business, clear signage, blah blah.

I have been back to the car park and taken pictures of their signage. The sign at the entrance of the car park simply states that it is a pay and park car park but no phone number is given. There are no T&Cs on this main sign. I found a much, much small sign around the corner giving the phone number and T&Cs which says that payment must be made within 10 minutes of arriving at the car park. My car was stationary for 11mins and 9 secs. The driver did not even leave the car. The driver was my other half and he had our daughter in the car.

Their max payment charge is £4.50. So based on this, this is what I want to write back to them. Do you think this will work:-

I have today (date as above) received your response to representation that you state you are unable to cancel the Enforcement Notice.

I have revisited the car park and have taken several photos of where the vehicle was parked and your signage. The sign as you enter the car park neither gives the phone number to pay for parking nor does it detail any of your regulations or parking charges.

As you will recall from your records the vehicle was parked by the entrance and therefore there were no visible signs from this position which carry your parking charges, phone number or terms and conditions. The driver would have had to leave the car, unattended, to find the much smaller sign which is situated around the corner.

However, I should point out at this stage that the driver informs me they never got out of the car and therefore wasn’t actually parked and was there for only 11 minutes and 9 seconds whilst they attended to their distressed child. I was not the driver at this time.

You state in your letter severe problems of vehicles being parked for long periods of time and occupying valuable space, which is obviously an occupational hazard operating a car park. Do you consider 11 minutes and 9 seconds a long period of time?

As a goodwill gesture and to close this matter I will pay, on behalf of the driver, the maximum Civil Enforcement Ltd charge for this car park, which is £4.50. Your fines in no way represent the potential loss of business for unauthorised parking.

Many thanks.

Is there a popla code on the rejection ? 10 digits.

M1

Comment

Originally posted by mystery1 View Post
      Is there a popla code on the rejection ? 10 digits.

M1
      Yes there is. But I looked on the POPLA website and it looks really complicated to appeal. Plus I think I'm out of the 28 days

Comment

Yes there is. But I looked on the POPLA website and it looks really complicated to appeal. Plus I think I'm out of the 28 days

No it's not complicated and in fact it's the best way to win.

The 28 days for the popla code should be from date of issue. A winning appeal is http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...-Appeal-Letter which just needs amended to swap Parking eye for CEL Ltd etc.

M1

Comment

The 28 days for the popla code should be from date of issue. A winning appeal is http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...-Appeal-Letter which just needs amended to swap Parking eye for CEL Ltd etc.

M1

Wow! Ok I will give it a try and re look at POPLA if you think that is the best way forward. However, I was just wondering what the deal was as I actually wasn't driving the car. Am I culpable because I am the registered keeper of the car?

Is it worth sending them my letter offering to pay the max charge of £4.50 and at the same time appeal to POPLA just in case CEL waiver it?

Comment

hi, I also got a ticket in similar circumstances in Watford, what was your outcome? thx

Comment

Wow! Ok I will give it a try and re look at POPLA if you think that is the best way forward. However, I was just wondering what the deal was as I actually wasn't driving the car. Am I culpable because I am the registered keeper of the car?

Is it worth sending them my letter offering to pay the max charge of £4.50 and at the same time appeal to POPLA just in case CEL waiver it?

It won't do any harm to offer £4.50 and i seriously doubt they'd take it. It might influence a judge in the unlikely event it goes that far.

As registered keeper you can be held liable if they followed the correct process.

M1

Comment

Originally posted by jezza1 View Post
                hi, I also got a ticket in similar circumstances in Watford, what was your outcome? thx
                Mine was in Watford too. So far nothing has happened as I've not appealed to POPLA yet which I am about to do. What have you done about your ticket?

Comment

It won't do any harm to offer £4.50 and i seriously doubt they'd take it. It might influence a judge in the unlikely event it goes that far.

As registered keeper you can be held liable if they followed the correct process.

M1
                  Might influence in a good way or a bad way????

Comment

Might influence in a good way or a bad way????
                    A good way. I don't expect it'll get beyond popla though !

M1

Comment

A good way. I don't expect it'll get beyond popla though !

M1
                      Thank you M1. I do so appreciate all the time and effort you put into replying me.

Comment

Hello again all
                        Just to keep you all updated I received a reply from POPLA today and my appeal was a success
                        The appeal letter provided by M1 worked a treat and the appeal was won based on pre-estimate of loss (as predicted by M1 in a previous post)
                        M1 was right about another thing - CELs response letter to my appeal, was indeed, and I quote `full of wind and piss'
                        Massive thanks to M1 for all of your help, support and reassurance - very much appreciated

Comment

Good to hear

M1

Comment

M1
                            Well I've had another letter back from CEL not accepting the £4.50 offer to pay their max charge (no surprises there). So I am going to go to POLA but their website refers to an online form for appeal. Will I also be able to submit the letter you suggest too?

Thanks

Comment

Well I've had another letter back from CEL not accepting the £4.50 offer to pay their max charge (no surprises there). So I am going to go to POLA but their website refers to an online form for appeal. Will I also be able to submit the letter you suggest too?

Thanks

No reason why not.

https://www.popla.org.uk/appeal.htm

M1

Comment

Hi I am new to this site, so sorry if this is posted in the wrong place. My wife received a Parking Charge Notice about 40 days ago and having seen something on Watchdog years ago we decided to ignore it and not tell CEL who the driver was. We then received the second letter saying we hadn't replied and that we couldn't appeal to POPLA as now out of date. I have now been on line and found that we should really have sent an appeal in early on. We do not know who the driver was, can we contact CEL now and ask them for a the picture of the car leaving to see who this was? Many thanks

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X