• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Civil Enforcement Limited

Collapse
This thread is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Civil Enforcement Limited

Last week I received a 'Parking Charge Notice' from Civil Enforcement Ltd with the threat of increasing the £60 charge to £100 if I do not pay up within 14 days for overstaying the 4 Hour limit at Thurmaston Shopping Centre Leicester.
    Whilst the general consensus on this thread seems to be 'Go hang' - do I have additional grounds for dismissal if they have spelt the Location of the Incident incorrectly?

Comment

Originally posted by Xenophon View Post
      Last week I received a 'Parking Charge Notice' from Civil Enforcement Ltd with the threat of increasing the £60 charge to £100 if I do not pay up within 14 days for overstaying the 4 Hour limit at Thurmaston Shopping Centre Leicester.
      Whilst the general consensus on this thread seems to be 'Go hang' - do I have additional grounds for dismissal if they have spelt the Location of the Incident incorrectly?

No you don't.

Dear Sirs,

I, as registered keeper, wish to invoke your appeals procedure. The driver did not see any signs. In any event the charges are penal and not a genuine pre estimate of loss.

In the event you refuse my appeal please send me a popla code. I am under no statutory obligation to name the driver and will not be doing so.

Yours etc

This will probably be refused but once you get the Popla code all is well. A Popla appeal such as http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...-Appeal-Letter will win.

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.php?p=59867667&postcount=2 show the winning points at Popla.

M1

Comment

Originally posted by mystery1 View Post
        No you don't.

Dear Sirs,

I, as registered keeper, wish to invoke your appeals procedure. The driver did not see any signs. In any event the charges are penal and not a genuine pre estimate of loss.

In the event you refuse my appeal please send me a popla code. I am under no statutory obligation to name the driver and will not be doing so.

Yours etc

This will probably be refused but once you get the Popla code all is well. A Popla appeal such as http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...-Appeal-Letter will win.

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.php?p=59867667&postcount=2 show the winning points at Popla.

M1
        Thanks M1. Just checking. I am following your advice and will initially appeal as you suggest. I also used to be senior management within the largest retailer on the site and I am not sure that they will take kindly to customers being penalised in this way, so may have a chat with some of my old colleagues in their Estates Dept. No point in taking half measures.

Comment

Originally posted by Xenophon View Post
          Thanks M1. Just checking. I am following your advice and will initially appeal as you suggest. I also used to be senior management within the largest retailer on the site and I am not sure that they will take kindly to customers being penalised in this way, so may have a chat with some of my old colleagues in their Estates Dept. No point in taking half measures.
          Won't do any harm.

M1

Comment

This may have been commented on before, but I am a newbie on this site, so forgive me if it is repetitious.

For general information, Civil Enforcement Ltd do not quote their email address for Appeals on their 'Parking Charge Notice' - they only quote their Postal address, notwithstanding their statement that "Representations: In writing only (by electronic mail or post) within 28 days to the address shown above, stating the PCN number". I guess they think the more hoops the poor old browbeaten citizen has to jump through and the more we wear him down, the more money in the bank - KERCHING!!

Having spoken to them, I am advised that the email address is appeals@ce-service.co.uk <appeals@ce-service.co.uk>; Hope this may be of some use.

I am emailing my appeal but will also be sending hard copy.

Comment

Hello

I'm a newbie on here, so please be gentle with me! I have received a PARKING CHARGE NOTICE from Civil Enforcement Ltd as I pulled into a car park but didn't actually get out of the car. I thought it was unused as it was in front of a derelict building. I had no intention of parking there, I just needed to pull over for a few minutes for reasons which I won't bore you with. However, I guess they got me on cctv and are saying that payment was not made in accordance with terms displayed on signage.

Usual treats are made in the PCN that it will be passed onto a debt recovery agency if I don't pay up. I have read through many of the treads above and looked through the links given but I'm a bit unclear on it all. Do I have a leg to stand on with this, given I never even got out of the car plus there is no ticket or photographic evidence supplied with the PCN?

Not the best thing to receive just before Christmas...

Comment

Hello Myeash and a warmto Legal Beagles.

Someone who knows how to deal with this will be along soon - meanwhile have a cuppa tea and don't worry - they will help you sort it!

Comment

Originally posted by myeash View Post
                  Hello

I'm a newbie on here, so please be gentle with me! I have received a PARKING CHARGE NOTICE from Civil Enforcement Ltd as I pulled into a car park but didn't actually get out of the car. I thought it was unused as it was in front of a derelict building. I had no intention of parking there, I just needed to pull over for a few minutes for reasons which I won't bore you with. However, I guess they got me on cctv and are saying that payment was not made in accordance with terms displayed on signage.

Usual treats are made in the PCN that it will be passed onto a debt recovery agency if I don't pay up. I have read through many of the treads above and looked through the links given but I'm a bit unclear on it all. Do I have a leg to stand on with this, given I never even got out of the car plus there is no ticket or photographic evidence supplied with the PCN?

When ?

And oh yeah, don't pay.

M1

Comment

Hello

Then how can they claim you were where they say you were and when? Don't tell me... they're relying on ANPR? To the best of my knowledge and belief, ANPR, in itself, is not conclusive evidence of any alleged infringement. Even the ANPR equipment used by the police is not 100% accurate.
                    Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

Hello again

I've only just worked out how to get back onto this forum!

This all happened on the 9th December and I have no intention of paying it! But, how should I respond to the PCN, any ideas? A simple letter stating the facts I did not leave the car and they need to provide evidence that I actually parked there? Is there a blanket response to a PCN I can use?

Also, how do I find out when I get a response to this reply of this forum - do I get any kind of notification that someone has replied as i didn't get one previous I just had to try and remember where this thread was! Sorry for being a bit dumb on all counts...

Comment

Hello again

I've only just worked out how to get back onto this forum!

This all happened on the 9th December and I have no intention of paying it! But, how should I respond to the PCN, any ideas? A simple letter stating the facts I did not leave the car and they need to provide evidence that I actually parked there? Is there a blanket response to a PCN I can use?

Also, how do I find out when I get a response to this reply of this forum - do I get any kind of notification that someone has replied as i didn't get one previous I just had to try and remember where this thread was! Sorry for being a bit dumb on all counts...

Get an appeal in to CEL asap. the 28 day deadline is near. This is the easiest and best way to deal with it. They usually will not allow your appeal but should give a popla appeal and a good one such as this is pretty much guaranteed to win.

Send an appeal to CEL such as

Dear Sirs,

Yours etc

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/...67&postcount=2 show the winning points at Popla.

To get an email when a post is made to this thread you need to click on thread tools near the top of the page and subscribe to the thread choosing instant email notification.

M1

Comment

MANY THANKS to M1. I used the above letter, in December, as drafted and today received a 'Confirmation of Cancellation' from CEL.

RESULT!

I am most grateful.

Comment

here is my story, any advice would be appreciated.

I received a letter from Debt Recovery Plus Ltd saying that my case had been referred to them by Civil Enforcement Ltd. I had not received any correspondence from CEL it referred to a Parking Charge Notice issued on the 16th July 2013. I rang them and told them this and also told them I was at work that day and not in Inverurie Garden Centre as they claim. I asked them to send the evidence which they did.
                            My car was registered in my previous address, which I still own in England but I had recently moved to Scotland.
                            Inverurie is in Scotland which does not have the law of trespass.

I was advised that Inverurie Trading Standards had said not to pay this charge so I did not.

The evidence arrived and it is my car but not being driven by myself, as I was at work.

What is the best course of action, I have redirected mail from Debt Recovery Plus Ltd saying that they will report back to CEL and recommend legal action.

Comment

Write to DR+ to tell then that you are in dispute with CEL and refer back to them. POFA does not apply in Scotland and they can only chase the driver. Do not name the driver and make sure that you can prove you were not driving at the time. And keep it all in writing or email.

Comment

Originally posted by Aidan View Post
                                here is my story, any advice would be appreciated.

I received a letter from Debt Recovery Plus Ltd saying that my case had been referred to them by Civil Enforcement Ltd. I had not received any correspondence from CEL it referred to a Parking Charge Notice issued on the 16th July 2013. I rang them and told them this and also told them I was at work that day and not in Inverurie Garden Centre as they claim. I asked them to send the evidence which they did.
                                My car was registered in my previous address, which I still own in England but I had recently moved to Scotland.
                                Inverurie is in Scotland which does not have the law of trespass.

I was advised that Inverurie Trading Standards had said not to pay this charge so I did not.

The evidence arrived and it is my car but not being driven by myself, as I was at work.

What is the best course of action, I have redirected mail from Debt Recovery Plus Ltd saying that they will report back to CEL and recommend legal action.
                                Does anyone else have access to your vehicle? Also, do you know where your vehicle was or should have been when you were at work on the day in question?
                                Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X