• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Problem with posting

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Problem with posting

I'm using just the standard explorer and I have had a few window updates over the past few days, so perhaps one of them has screwed something up.

Only other issue is that when I want to post something, it asks me if I want to leave the page and then I lose the post. I have say no, to open up another LB window and press the auto restore button and get the post back and then submit the post from the new window.

I don't know what half the buttons are for anyhow so standard seems fine for me - actual simple (or total thick) would be more my level!!!

Comment

Originally posted by fuzzybrain View Post
      I'm using just the standard explorer and I have had a few window updates over the past few days, so perhaps one of them has screwed something up.
      Ah, Windoze updates are often bad news, I have set them up so they are not applied automatically, as with previous versions of Windoze, there were times when it wouldn't start and I had to reinstall! :rant:

As Internet Explorer is part of Windoze, any updates are likely to affect it.

Any reason not to use Firefox? :noidea:

Comment

I'm using just the standard explorer
        I've not used that crap for years! I use Gurgle Chrome. (link)

Comment

Originally posted by FlamingParrot View Post
          Any reason not to use Firefox? :noidea:
          It doesn't work well with the iPlayer site - the Portable Media files were the same size as the Windoze Media Player files.

I only use Firefux now for accessing the OFT CCL register, which Gurgle Chrome can't do.

Comment

Originally posted by CleverClogs View Post
            I've not used that crap for years! I use Gurgle Chrome. (link)
            I use them all, but only because I'm a web designer :nerd: and need to see what sites look like on different browsers. I would never use Internet Explorer for anything other than testing sites, otherwise mostly Safari and Firefox. In my experience, LB works well in all of them, on different computers (Macs & PCs) as well as iGadgets. :nerd: Although I sometimes have problems inserting smileys on Safari for mobile devices (iPad/iPhone), end up having to type the code. :typing:

Comment

Firefox tends to behave better with the enhanced/WYSIWYG editor on vBulletin forums.

I remember reading somewhere on the vBulletin site/forums that their developers designed it mostly with Firefox/Mozilla compatibility in mind.

Comment

And all the above goes sailing way past my head!!

I understand nothing of the above conversation, so its very unlikely I'm doing any of it!!!

Comment

Look at the top of your screen in explorer, and if you hover the little mouse over an icon that looks like a blue piece of paper torn in two it will say "compatability view". Click on this icon and see if that fixes it. I run a couple of older sites in this mode (sorry Cel, yes LB is one of them!) or else I get strange things happening from time to time. You may find that the next time it updates it's all fixed and behaving again!

It's always worth installing a second or even a third web browser like Firefox or Google Chrome anyway Just google and you'll get to the download pages. They are free and won't screw up anything - you can use Explorer if you prefer that, but sometimes other browsers are better for certain sites. For some reason Vodaphones site hates Explorer when I use it but behaves perfectly with Chrome.

Comment

Ohhh that worked!!

Eloise you are a genius - but we already knew that!! xx

Comment

Just changed to the standard editor option in settings and its resolved the issue!!!

At last I can use a paragraph!!

Is there much difference between standard and full setting?
                      I've just tried this but it hasn't worked for me. I was on 'Enhanced Interface - Full WYSIWYG Editing' and changed it to 'Standard Editor - Extra formatting controls' but it hasn't solved the issue.

Comment

I've just take Eloise's advice and changed to compatibility view and it seems to have done the trick.

See?

Comment

Jeez - I am a geek! It's a poor state of affairs when I know something to do with computers....

Comment

Originally posted by Eloise01 View Post
                            Look at the top of your screen in explorer, and if you hover the little mouse over an icon that looks like a blue piece of paper torn in two it will say "compatability view". Click on this icon and see if that fixes it. I run a couple of older sites in this mode (sorry Cel, yes LB is one of them!) or else I get strange things happening from time to time. You may find that the next time it updates it's all fixed and behaving again!
                            Wow, I've just done that and everything works better for me too :bounce:

I've always avoided that icon because it says "designed for older browsers" which I found insulting msl:
                            Last edited by PlanB; 2nd May 2013, 08:27:AM. Reason: typos - that happens a lot when you're old :(

Comment

Originally posted by PlanB View Post
                              Wow, I've just done that and everything works better for me too :bounce:

I've always avoided that icon because it says "designed for older browers" which I found insulting msl:
                              'Older browsers' as in older versions of browsers rather than the latest versions, :nerd: otherwise it would be labelled 'oldies browsing'.

Thankfully, the use of Internet explorer is steadily declining: http://www.w3schools.com/browsers/browsers_stats.asp
                              Last edited by FlamingParrot; 2nd May 2013, 10:33:AM. Reason: typo :(

Comment

Originally posted by EXC View Post
                                I've just tried this but it hasn't worked for me. I was on 'Enhanced Interface - Full WYSIWYG Editing' and changed it to 'Standard Editor - Extra formatting controls' but it hasn't solved the issue.
                                Good. msl:

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X