• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Mbna - arrow global.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Mbna - arrow global.

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
    I think a discussion on a repayment arrangement might be an idea if yu want to avoid court action.

If the agreement is legible, has all the prescribed terms in it and you have copies of the terms that accompanied the agreement then it is likely is will be deemed enforceable in court. If you don't have copies of the accompanying terms you can respond to them asking for those additional terms (eg. if you agreement states 'see para 12' and there's no para 12 then there's bits missing)

Without knowing anything of your financial circumstances it is impossible to say how much you should be offering to pay. If you do have lump sums available to make full and final then a 35% settlement is a reasonable starting point for negotiation. Otherwise it's a case of doing your income/expenditure and seeing what you have available from 'disposable' income.

Restons are ones for getting charging orders if they get a CCJ through court so it really depends on your circumstances how far you let it go.
    Hi,

I received a call from Restons earlier, they will accept £3,500 over 3 months which is unachievable for me. I have made them an offer of £2,525 (45%) over 4 months or £3,500 over 10 months. The unhelpful person advised me this would be unacceptable and asked me to make payments while I arrange for an IVA (his client would not be held over a barrel with the threat of an IVA). He did however say he would speak to his manager.

Am I being reasonable?

Do you have any thoughts?

Thanks again for your help.

Comment

Re: Mbna - arrow global.

Originally posted by AndrewJ View Post
      Hi,

I received a call from Restons earlier, they will accept £3,500 over 3 months which is unachievable for me. I have made them an offer of £2,525 (45%) over 4 months or £3,500 over 10 months. The unhelpful person advised me this would be unacceptable and asked me to make payments while I arrange for an IVA (his client would not be held over a barrel with the threat of an IVA). He did however say he would speak to his manager.
      Can you clarify where the IVA came from? Are you considering entering into one or is that just a wild suggestion from Restons? :confused2:

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X