• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Fuming with Pheonix Collections!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuming with Pheonix Collections!

So I have written on here before and was finally starting to get some where with clearing my debts and had arrangements to pay in installments, one of which would have finished tomorrow after I paid the last one. Well so I thought! I set up an arrangement with Phoenix commercial collections to pay off an outstanding council tax bill and the added charges at 160 per month. all was going well until march where I couldn't pay the full amount, so i paid half and then got back on track the next month. I had my final installment of £200 to pay tomorrow which would have cleared it all and i could breathe again but no. Today a bailiff came to my door and said that due to me breaking the arrangement the final amount has now been doubled and I have to pay £400! I can't bloody believe these people. To be honest I didn't question the extra charges there and then but have since sent them an email asking where they have come from. The bailiff was nice enough but he did say they sent me a default notice which I never received and I did tell him this and I have questioned this in my email. So what do I do other than pay the full amount tomorrow and be ridiculously poor again for another month when i finally thought i was getting somewhere! I'm so upset. yes I know that all these debts are my own fault but i really thought i was doing well to tackle them finally.
    Tags: None

Re: Fuming with Pheonix Collections!

Originally posted by sparkle99 View Post
    I had my final instalment of £200 to pay tomorrow which would have cleared it all and i could breathe again but no. Today a bailiff came to my door and said that due to me breaking the arrangement the final amount has now been doubled and I have to pay £400!
    That's interesting. One must wonder how the oaf might justify that.

I can't bloody believe these people.
    Alas, I can certainly believe that they invent fees and charges.

Please see the attached file which details the fees that may lawfully be charged.
    Attached Files

Comment

Thanks, i see that they have written "reasonable costs" when it comes to attending the premises with a van which is what he did today! I'm so upset! how can they justify doubling it!?

Comment

sorry for my ignornace but who is the oaf please?

Comment

sorry for my ignornace but who is the oaf please?
          The ba:censored:ed bailiff, of course!

Comment

Thanks, i see that they have written "reasonable costs" when it comes to attending the premises with a van which is what he did today! I'm so upset! how can they justify doubling it!?
            They can't - and they can only charge for "attendance to remove goods" if they had previously levied distress and left a Form 7 (Notice of Seizure). If they'd not levied distress on your motor-car (which must not be leased or on HP) or let the buggers in, they shouldn't have a valid levy.

Comment

I didn't let him in and I don't have a car! oh i see about the oaf . I have a notice of removal however he's not been in my house. I was quite lucky actually as I did open my main front door and spoke to him, as I said he was quite civil but could've been worse!

Comment

Were any goods listed on the so-called "Notice of Removal"?

Comment

sorry, its a "notice before removal" and no nothing specific is mentioned.

Comment

part of me is just thinking just pay the bloomin £400 and be done with them and move on but its an extra £200 that I can't afford and typically its going to put me behind with my council tax again and so the circle continues!

Comment

sorry, its a "notice before removal" and no nothing specific is mentioned.
                      In which case he cannot have £400, no levy, he can only have a total of £42.50 in fees no matter how many times he calls, so likely you could have overpaid already, no levy those are the only fees he can have lawfully, he is a real oaf this one, in fact he is a lying toad.

Has the scumbag, ever had a levy and listed your goods?

Comment

part of me is just thinking just pay the bloomin £400 and be done with them and move on but its an extra £200 that I can't afford and typically its going to put me behind with my council tax again and so the circle continues!
                        Pay the council directly.

Comment

Originally posted by CleverClogs View Post
                          Pay the council directly.
                          I think its too late for that now as I have already paid most of the money owed to phoenix.

Comment

Originally posted by bizzybob View Post
                            In which case he cannot have £400, no levy, he can only have a total of £42.50 in fees no matter how many times he calls, so likely you could have overpaid already, no levy those are the only fees he can have lawfully, he is a real oaf this one, in fact he is a lying toad.

Has the scumbag, ever had a levy and listed your goods?
                            No today was the first time I actually met this guy. The original one before xmas was a different man. No one has been in my property at all and nothing has ever been "levied" (if thats the right phrase!)

Comment

This is the response to my email I sent!!!:

We write to you with regards to your email received of which all contents have been noted.

After reviewing your account we can see of an arrangement being setup of £151.00 per month to commence from 1st November, however it seems we did not receive a payment for the 1st February, therefore your arrangement broke on the 7th February in which a letter was sent out on the 7th February 2013 notifying you of this.

As we did not receive any contact, your account has now been allocated to our bailiff Mr Dalrymple and you would now need to contact him direct to discuss further.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X