• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

E bay scam

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• E bay scam

Hi we have just been scammed yesterday sat 20 th April we've come to Scotland to collect a vw camper van that we brought from e bay and we thought we did our homework before parting with our very hard earned savings of £7,000 yes that's right a huge amount to recieve not a thing in return we checked the sellers feedback which was very good , went onto live chat to ask the question if we paid the money upfront would we be able to get money back and yes it was to be held in a Barclays account and wouldn't be touched until we were happy with camper van, it's all a scam we printed paperwork with the e bay logo on , sellers name Alison ciorgovean at an address in Dunoon Scotland!!
    When we arrived at the address a very elderly man answered the door clearly had no idea what we were talking about, my partner and I traveled together we were so excited to be collecting our camper van, we knew then we had been set up, the thing is we're not stupid although we now feel sick, robbed, and after reading other experiences there's lots of others, so this must be stopped , we have to join together meet up and protest against Barclays bank, for recieving fraudulent people into there banks.We have not only lost our £7,000 , it's cost us over £300 to travel here( transport to airport in Bristol, fly from Bristol to Scotland , bus, train, ferry to Dunoon ) and now were sat in a hotel room at Glasgow trying to find costs of flights to get back home today ( Sunday ) as we have to work tomorrow to earn money the hard way not like these people who have our money!!!what can we do ???? Please help or contact us if you have had any dealings with Alison?? It's helps me to write this and to know we are not the only ones, thanks for reading this were honest hard working couple, who now need to get on with life and try to stick together and try and forget this, it's not going to be easy .!!!
    Tags: None

Re: E bay scam

How was the money paid into that Barclays account?
    "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
    (quote from David Ogden Stiers)

Comment

Am I correct in thinking you paid over £7000 without actually seeing the camper van!!!!!!!!

Comment

Another one bites the dust when will people learn?
        I feel sorry they lost so much but whos fault is it really

Comment

http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...sters-Accounts

Have a read of the above...seems you are not alone. For the life of me I cannot work out why folk are falling for this scam,,,why would someone pay 7k for an unseen untested vehicle?

Comment

Inca
            excactly?????????????????/

Comment

Through a bank transfer to Barclays , and checked what we thought was secure e bay which was also a scam

Comment

Yes that's right , we were made to believe the money was secure and the seller couldnt touch it until we collected it , e baysecure which is also a scam!! Yes stupid

Comment

Yes our fault, we know now, don't trust anybody not even e bay secure site??

Comment

Originally posted by Nig1 View Post
                    Yes our fault, we know now, don't trust anybody not even e bay secure site??
                    I don't think you have been particularly stupid at all - every contract requires trust and con-people are by definition super-believable. We all do it everyday - trust each other - usually according to how trustworthy we are ourselves. I could list some personal experiences (of being had) but won't because they're all over this site - intelligent people being conned by baddies. The nice but not stupid get shafted by the nasty but very devious indeed. I do, though, think that Barclays Bank and Ebay (which added to the credence of this scammer by giving their stamp of approval) should be hounded unto eternity.

Maybe you could join up with some of those on the above link to get Barclays and Ebay to take responsibility?

Comment

Originally posted by ODC View Post
                      Am I correct in thinking you paid over £7000 without actually seeing the camper van!!!!!!!!
                      ODC - I bought a car on the internet without seeing it (some years ago) and I know it seems stupid now but it didn't then and we got the car and saved over 2K on the normal price - but scammers have now taken over and it's an absolute disgrace that Ebay and Barclays are colluding with the scammers because their involvement makes it look legit

Comment

Originally posted by Nig1 View Post
                        Through a bank transfer to Barclays , and checked what we thought was secure e bay which was also a scam
                        You need to report it as a fraud through your own bank, through ebay and possibly the police.. Is it anything to do with this? http://www.scamwarners.com/forum/vie...0387&start=105

See page 6 for account details.....

Comment

Can I just say Nig1,,NOONE is mocking you nor thinking you a fool,,you have made a grave error in judgement and there,but for the Grace of God go plenty of us......follow leclercs advice,,he knows where to look for help and always gives sound advice

Comment

I think some people here need to have a little compassion. This is not some sot of nigerian banking scam wanting to deposit millions in your account written in bad english. this is a very sophisticated elaborate international scam using ebay and barclays...
                            i was scammed last wednesday out of £1550 for some music equipment. iam very careful and responsible with my passwords, general security and awerness around internet transactions. i have received spoof emails before but they have all been very visible either offering me stuff like compensation i never applied for or on stuff i never bid for. but i was spoofed over something i bid for on ebay. was communicated in wat looked like official ebay emails and told to pay an ebay account at barclays
                            Sort Code: 20-69-15
                            Account Number: 03275671
                            Beneficiary: Central - E.B.
                            has anyone seen that account? perhaps if its been used on multiple tmes recently , there can b a case againgst barclays...

Comment

Originally posted by vadio View Post
                              I think some people here need to have a little compassion. This is not some sot of nigerian banking scam wanting to deposit millions in your account written in bad english. this is a very sophisticated elaborate international scam using ebay and barclays...
                              i was scammed last wednesday out of £1550 for some music equipment. iam very careful and responsible with my passwords, general security and awerness around internet transactions. i have received spoof emails before but they have all been very visible either offering me stuff like compensation i never applied for or on stuff i never bid for. but i was spoofed over something i bid for on ebay. was communicated in wat looked like official ebay emails and told to pay an ebay account at barclays
                              Sort Code: 20-69-15
                              Account Number: 03275671
                              Beneficiary: Central - E.B.
                              has anyone seen that account? perhaps if its been used on multiple tmes recently , there can b a case againgst barclays...
                              vadio, no one is talking the mick out of the OP but what they are saying is that caution should be given when making large purchases such as seeing the item prior payment but we are still awaiting further information from the OP before advising more. In your own case, I would still have only have gone through ebay's own site. Hindsight is good and is learned from an experience like this. Was the payment sent via direct payment(faster payments)? Or was it via any other method?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X