• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

You can't ignore parking fines, can you?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: You can't ignore parking fines, can you?

I'm not sure, I've tried but I just can't sit through the whole of one of his 10-30 minute videos of him talking feeble-minded drivel in that moronic accent of his.

But as I said, he seems to believe he shouldn't pay for parking on public property, which includes council-run parking spaces. So it sounds like he doesn't. He also doesn't believe in TV licences and he and his online chums share techniques to avoid paying.
    Last edited by GO84; 19th April 2013, 12:14:PM.

Comment

The Law is a fluid creature in perpetual development. It is not fixed or final, there is constantly new legislation being developed, honed and refined.

Though this chap may be unpleasant in your eyes, he is also exposing potential flaws in the system by his actions.

I wouldn't criticise anyone for 'testing the boundaries', that's how this whole forum got started with us 'testing the boundaries' of bank charges, PPI miss selling, credit card charges etc etc. Are we crackpots for trying to develop and test the Law in this way?
      "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

I am proud to have co-founded LegalBeagles in 2007

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

I watched the VT, and I have to say i found nothing overly objectionable. I didn't see him refer to FOL stuff although I suppose I may have missed it.
        The FOL stuff I have read seems to depend on old law that has passed out of usage through desuetude, and is no longer relevant.

As far as I can make out his arguments are based around the formation of contract, which is perfectly arguable, I think that if the authorities were to pursue they would prevail but possibly they think it is more trouble than it is worth.

There is a parallel between the flimsy contractual rights which are relied on by private parking companies and those which we abide by and are applied by our borough councils. How much of one is arguable.
        Last edited by gravytrain; 19th April 2013, 12:53:PM.

Comment

Again, this really doesn't seem to be about cowboy private companies, it's about refusing to pay to use public car parks/parking spaces (clearly stated, ticket machines present) it's about some pathetic delusional numpty thinking the rules don't apply to him. He carries on like this, they'll get him someday. He can't outwit professional lawyers. Perhaps they just haven't bothered to set any on him.

By the way, are any of you lawyers or law graduates?

Comment

Originally posted by GO84 View Post
            Again, this really doesn't seem to be about cowboy private companies, it's about refusing to pay to use public car parks/parking spaces (clearly stated, ticket machines present) it's about some pathetic delusional numpty thinking the rules don't apply to him. He carries on like this, they'll get him someday. He can't outwit professional lawyers. Perhaps they just haven't bothered to set any on him.

By the way, are any of you lawyers or law graduates?
            Doesn't really matter, it is still a contractual issue, I am not suggesting for one minute that someone should take on the council in a civil suit regarding the formation of the contract, but the arguments would be the same, as far as I can see.

Comment

Is right to use something that clearly requires payment without paying? Is it right to watch to watch television without a TV licence? I tried to argue this with him earlier but he didn't seem to understand (or refused to) the difference between what I meant by watching television (receiving broadcasts) and watching a television (owning a TV set but just using it to watch DVDs) He replied the word television means television broadcasting and television sets, so they have no right to charge money just to watch television, whether it's watching DVDs or TV channels.

Comment

Is right to use something that clearly requires payment without paying? Is it right to watch to watch television without a TV licence? I tried to argue this with him earlier but he didn't seem to understand (or refused to) the difference between what I meant by watching television (receiving broadcasts) and watching a television (owning a TV set but just using it to watch DVDs) He replied the word television means television broadcasting and television sets, so they have no right to charge money just to watch television, whether it's watching DVDs or TV channels.
                Technically he is half right and half wrong. You can watch catch up tv and/or DVD's and not have to pay the tv licence. One of my friends watches catch up tv and not "live" TV which requires a licence. You can set up a laptop to your television and be watching television but not necessitating a tv licence.
                Has he taken on TV Licensing people as well or does he pay for a tv licence?
                "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
                (quote from David Ogden Stiers)

Comment

This is what he said to me in a PM:

"I will watch tv if I like, if they want to send me services I didn't ask for, that's up to them, but don't force me to pay for it, like hello?
                  They could at least encrypt there programme's like sky do, but no, they send the signal and then say I have to pay for it. That puts me under duress."

So no, somehow I don't think he does.

Comment

This is what he said to me in a PM:

"I will watch tv if I like, if they want to send me services I didn't ask for, that's up to them, but don't force me to pay for it, like hello?
                    They could at least encrypt there programme's like sky do, but no, they send the signal and then say I have to pay for it. That puts me under duress."

So no, somehow I don't think he does.
                    I assume then that your point was that they send the signal but they do not send the receiver for such material and that is thing that you buy, ie a receiver the same as you would do for Sky with a skybox or associated product. With analogue then technically he could argue that case but not with digital services since you effectively contract to watching it by buying a receiving device.

Comment

My point is that it is made completely clear that you must pay for a TV licence to receive a TV signal. I'm not talking about just buying a television and using it to watch DVDs or play computers games. That is fine. And it is not like the government is tricking anybody here, they state their fee, that's all you have to pay. It is your choice whether you plug an aerial into your TV and receive channels. If you do this without paying, you've got no right to complain when they come knocking on your door.

Comment

Depends what you mean by right, i don't think that it is right that Richard Branson is currently sat on his own island sipping tequila, and I am sat here talking to you.

As far as the TV license is concerned there is legislation in place that makes it a criminal matter to not have one in certain circumstances so the issue is moot.

In contractual ciil terms, right or wrong is generally assessed by damages caused to the aggrieved party.

Comment

My point is that it is made completely clear that you must pay for a TV licence to receive a TV signal. I'm not talking about just buying a television and using it to watch DVDs or play computers games. That is fine. And it is not like the government is tricking anybody here, they state their fee, that's all you have to pay. It is your choice whether you plug an aerial into your TV and receive channels. If you do this without paying, you've got no right to complain when they come knocking on your door.
                          The licence is so that you can have the receiver and whether you have an aerial or not is I think possibly irrelevant if you do not have a digital receiver within the tv set to watch the programs. So the licence is to use that digital receiver. Does that make sense?

Comment

Yes, it makes sense! But according to him he flouts this rule and helps his mates do so as well.

Originally posted by gravytrain View Post
                            As far as the TV license is concerned there is legislation in place that makes it a criminal matter to not have one in certain circumstances so the issue is moot.
                            In other words, it'll illegal to watch TV channels without paying? I've never quite understood the word moot, it feels like an Americanism. I'm sorry but this is such ********, why you can't you lot give a straight answer to a straightfoward question?? Are you lawyers?

Comment

http://www.tvlicensing.co.uk/check-i...-needed-top12/

The law states that you need to be covered by a TV Licence if you watch or record television programmes, on any device, as they're being shown on TV. This includes TVs, computers, mobile phones, games consoles, digital boxes and Blu-ray/DVD/VHS recorders.

You don't need a licence if you don't use any of these devices to watch or record television programmes as they're being shown on TV - for example, if you use your TV only to watch DVDs or play video games, or you only watch ‘catch up’ services like BBC iPlayer or 4oD

Comment

If i stream video through an internet connection as in my Raspberry Pi connected via HDMI to my large HD flatscreen tv that ONLY has an analogue tuner, and the signal is now digital, no Freeview or Sky box no aerial cable either I don't need a licence, now here is where the Crapita muppets at TVL trip themselves up, they say you need a TV licence to view on a smartphone, but if it isn't plugged into a charger and is working off it's own batteries arguably you don't. The TVL goons went around a truck park and tried to trap a Polish driver into admitting he was watching without a licence, he had a portable satellite system tuned ONLY to Polish channels. Wonder how they got on?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X