• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Barclays for Business

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barclays for Business

I would like some advise and encouragement, but let me explain my situation. I ran a small Business as a Limited Company - I was forever in the pocket of Barclays and its Bank Managers - with overdraft and charges. It had a £20,000 overdraft then one day the Bank Manager said maybe it would better on a loan and it would be easier managed. So a loan was drawn up and it was done over the phone and I had to get a solicitor to watch me sign and I sent it back. This started in 2007. The loan for £21,000 had 6 months holiday period. Then in 2009 - the company stopped trading it was already insolvent and Barclays knew that. So I struck the company off. There were no doubts other than Barclays Loan. I had no job no money no income. Barclays passed the loan to the recovery team. I got a job and tried to pay £400 a month - which I did not regularly but about monthly. Then I missed a few and letters came in - but what can you do it doesn't grow on Trees. So eventually I got a job and was paying £400 a month again. Then that job stopped, so payments stopped. Then I got another job and paid £100 a week for past 2 years. Ive paid almost £19,000 back since the start of the loan. (Forget about Interest) I am just talking £1's borrowed and £1's repaid. Ive done this without debt management - with Barclays having recourse to debt agencies. But apparently I was a Guarantor for the Business Loan as the Director. My Dad died in January and he had helped me pay the £100 a week. I know whats right and wrong in this world and that if you borrow something you pay it back. Ive almost paid it back - but not the interest. I NEED ADVISE - HOW CAN I GET THIS TOO END - SINCE LOOSING MY FATHER I AM ALMOST AT THE END. PLEASE HELP.
    Tags: None

Re: Barclays for Business

Hmmmm I'm not sure what's best at the moment be honest, but have you got a statement of account from them ?

Comment

Re: Barclays for Business

I think I agree with Saffy that you need a statement of account, my rough guess as to how much is owed ranges from anywhere between 7 and 14k because that bit will include interest on the loan.

Ask them for a statement of account so that you know in writing how much is left to pay. I suspect that they should have been doing this already....
      "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
      (quote from David Ogden Stiers)

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X