• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

The funding corporation

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The funding corporation

Hello,
    i purchased a car from ACF, three years ago. The finance was arranged through "the funding corporation". When I purchased the vehicle I was informed I could return the vehicle to upgrade after two years of good payment history. Last year when I attempted to upgrade the vehicle I was sternly told "no", as the agreement has to be in its final year for an upgrade to be considered. I have never missed a payment and always paid on time .i have sent letters with no response, and have asked about a voluntary termination and have been refused, as I have signed the contract. The contract is 5 years long and I will be paying back three times the amount the car was worth when I purchased the vehicle. Is there any legal way I van return the vehicle and pay administration charges. I have alreadypaid over £14,000, on a vehicle that was worth £9,000. Can anybody advise.
    Tags: None

Re: The funding corporation

Hi and welcome!

Sounds like one for Gravytrain, I'll see if he can pop round and take a look.

Comment

Originally posted by Un happy consumer View Post
      Hello,
      i purchased a car from ACF, three years ago. The finance was arranged through "the funding corporation". When I purchased the vehicle I was informed I could return the vehicle to upgrade after two years of good payment history. Last year when I attempted to upgrade the vehicle I was sternly told "no", as the agreement has to be in its final year for an upgrade to be considered. I have never missed a payment and always paid on time .i have sent letters with no response, and have asked about a voluntary termination and have been refused, as I have signed the contract. The contract is 5 years long and I will be paying back three times the amount the car was worth when I purchased the vehicle. Is there any legal way I van return the vehicle and pay administration charges. I have alreadypaid over £14,000, on a vehicle that was worth £9,000. Can anybody advise.
      We need to see the agreement, some of these commercial agreements are a nightmare, and they do thier best to contract out of all regulatory protection , sometimes the succeed sometimes they don't, It all depends on the contract.
      Is it possible to scan it up ?
      Last edited by gravytrain; 16th April 2013, 11:12:AM.

Comment

I can upload the contract, but it will be a photo of each page, rather than a scan or PDF is this acceptable?

Comment

upload of contract

Comment

I can upload the contract, but it will be a photo of each page, rather than a scan or PDF is this acceptable?
            Yes, it is, you can just attach each image to your post. hoto:

upload of contract
            I can't see any attachments on this post... :confused2:

If you have trouble uploading to the forum, you can try a free image hosting service such as: http://postimage.org or http://tinypic.com

...and link to them here. :nerd:

Comment

upload

Comment

Your personal info is still on there.

This is secured against a bill of sale, do you have a copy of that ?

Comment

Sory just spotted it

Comment

Is there any other information you require

Comment

No just leave it with me I will get back to you, something i need to check.

Comment

What sort of agreement is this

Hire purchase
                        Fixed sum loan
                        Conditional sale

Comment

Fixed sum restricted use secured by way of a bill of sale.

Comment

For reference

http://www.parliament.uk/briefing-papers/sn05631.pdf

I think that there is recent legislation regarding these loans, i am trying to find and see if it is applicable.

Comment

Thank you for all the information you have supplied, is there any more progress on the search you was conducting to see
                              if the legislation was applicable to my case?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X