• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Just got an Eviction Notice

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Just got an Eviction Notice

You have let nobody down. In this day and age many people are struggling to make ends meet.

Just look after the family, that is all that matters.

Comment

Hi again all, sorry for the delay, but have been working (how come I have the only job where overtime is paid at half the regular rate )

Anyway, am now going bog eyed, so thought it was time to call it a night, having had such a traumatic evening hasn't helped with the creative juices either.

Just wanted to say a big thank you to everyone for your help and support, I know what you are all saying about not letting anyone down, I guess I just felt like I had let the kids down.

The kids have been told, and have been told that they have to help me around the house, minly so I can really bang in the hours working (pardon the pun there!) they have this annoying habit of starting WW3 off just as I login to work, so they have been told to help out and allow me to work.

Just wanted to let you all know that I am still here, and that I am really grateful for all the help/advice/shoulder etc.

You guys rock and have restored my faith in mankind

:okay:

Off to bed now, as I have a real bad headache, my fingers hurt and I am really tired.

Speak to you all tomorrow

xx

Comment

Sleep tight Delta xx

Comment

Oh Delta sorry hun that I havn't answered earlier, but to be honest it all seems to have been said. Nonetheless if you can get back to paying your monthly payment plus a decent chunk of your arrears per month then the bank would prefer that than to go for a repossession.
          First thing to do monday is find out how much is owed and then talk to them about getting it paid up. Before you make any offers though hun its best to sit down and do yourself a budget and work out how much you can realisitically afford without making rash promises and not being able to keep up with the payments.
          As you know we've been up this road ourselves and I left himself to talk to the banks etc and because he didn't know what our finances were he was pressurised into making arrangements that we couldn't keep, so I had to write to everyone and explain things and get all our payments lowered and now before he speaks to anyone I make sure he knows what limit to go to.
          So like I say hun work out your limit and try to stick to it. Also I'd make sure only one of you does the talking that way you will know where you stand.
          Please keep us posted on how you are getting on, and once you get things organised there is a managing your finances thread Legal Beagles where a few of us have made our confessions and you could join in, no judgement, just help, advice, ideas and support for each other.
          :group:and if you want to 'chat' pm me hun.
          Last edited by Sapphire; 12th January 2008, 01:25:AM.

Comment

I just wanted to say another big thank you for all the help, hugs and advice that you have all showered on me.

I haven't been around as I have spent all weekend working away, obviously I need to make sure that when I have cleared this up I need to be able to pay everything each month, so have now set myself a target for working. Also there have been some bonuses that have been offered this weekend, and I even managed to get the most work in the company done yesterday (got an extra £5 for that), so as you can assume, I have been hard at it all weekend.

Plus if I hit a certain amount of work this month, then the weekday work will be paid at the same rate as my weekend work (I am contracted to weekends at the mo, and weekdays is half rate).

Anyway just wanted to let you all know that I am ok, to say thanks and let you know why I hadnt been around. It's also bed time and my likkle fingers are worn out!

Comment

Hi Delta, sorry I've only just got back online. Don't be silly, you haven't let anyone down, these things happen, circumstances change and dictate things no matter what we try to do sometimes. And lets face it, if none of us had money troubles we probably wouldn't be on this forum in the first place. I've mentioned before on the forum we nearly got repossessed a few years ago, had the suspended possession, but managed to keep up the repayments and pay the arrears off. Like Sapphire says, don't be pressurised into offering more than you can afford, but a realistic payment and keep to it. I went and paid the cash into the bank every week, rather than monthly, so that I wouldn't be tempted to spend it again.
              You just gotta be positive and hope it can be sorted, I'm not much use with the legal side of stuff but always here if you want a chat, or a rant, or whatever. PM or eamil whenever you feel like it. And 7th of February is a few weeks away yet, so time to get a plan togethr with help from all of us, we'll all do what we can.

Take care mate xx
              Is no longer here

Comment

Hi Delta,

I feel so sorry for you being in this situation, I can remember 20 years ago coming out of hospital and the eviction notice from the halifax was on our window. We ended up in a council house for 9 years. I do hope you can find a way out of this situation.

Best wishes,
                Hod..Liam..
                Borrow money from a pessimist -- they don't expect it back.

Comment

jeeesh what a run around!

Phoned the collections bit of the Abbey, and they put me through to litigation, who weren't open cos it wasn't 9am.

Phoned back, had to go back to collections as i didnt have the number for litigation, and the lady then told me that she couldn't give me any details and that I had to contact the solicitor.

Tried them, but they don't open till 9.30 (all this is not helping when I have been up since 5 waiting to make the calls!)

Anyway finally got someone there, the guy dealing with it isn't in, but she gave me the outstanding arrears figure, which is £606.02, and it positively has to be paid in full, no negotiation (and I wasn't going to argue with them). She also said that if paid in full before hand then they eviction will be stopped, but I am going to email them later and ask for that in writing.

So that's where we are at. I worked like mad all weekend, but I don't get paid that till the end of Feb, and being new to the job, I haven't got a cracking wage this month. Basically working like mad to ensure that I can pay everything needed each month and I don't get in a mess again.

So it's now a case of getting the money together.

Comment

Sound like you have been having a hectic time of it of late delta. Hope it all gets sorted for you.

Regards

Tanz

Comment

I really hope everything turns out ok for you. I was in the same position 15 months ago. We lost our home 10 days before I gave birth to our youngest son and I wouldn't wish that anguish on anyone. Things are turning around now, and with the current financial climate I'm actually glad we don't have the worry of a mortgage anymore.

huge hugsxx

Comment

Hows things going Delta ?

Comment

we're all thinking of you delta hun
                          if there's anything we can do.... please shout out

Tempty xxx

Comment

Thanks all

Well I got offered some money from an angel, which has helped as that has been put towards the arrears. I kind of told my boss what was going on, had to cos I needed her to pay my wage from December and it was just under the payout threashold. But when she heard she had no problem in paying it for me, and also sent me a cheque as a long term loan to help me get through the month, as I still had the gas/lecky to pay.

So I am getting there, the other half has scraped together the last bit needed for the arrears, I now just need to make sure that the regulary installment is paid, hopefull that will be this week, and then everything should be ok (hopefully)

It's been a somwhat trying week, but at least the family now know that I really do have to work, and that they can't keep pulling me away from it. Himself took charge of everything last weekend and I was glued to the pooter all weekend working, which not only meant that I actually earned something worth mentioning, but I was also the hardest worker and got bonuses for that!

And working also keeps my mind occupied, I have stopped going to bed scared of what the next day will bring.

But saying that, I did get a letter from the solicitors explaining about the eviction, and that I would be liable for new locks and all sorts of other stuff. But I guess thats a standard letter that they have to send out anyway.

Didn't get confirmation from the sol that I pay the mortgage company direct, so in the absence of any other account details thats where it will go and it will show on my bank statments that i have paid it, where it went, how much and when.

Oh well, break over, back to work to earn some pennies!

Comment

I am glad your getting there Delta, sounds like you have a very decent boss too, who thinks a lot of you.
                              It's the end of the world when you get in these situations, but you know as well as most others on here there is always a way.
                              I am sure the kids will benefit from this as well and appreciate you more. Enaid x

Comment

Hi Delta,

Glad to hear you have managed to get things sorted

Best wishes scottishlass
                                Member of the Beagles £2 coin and small change savers clubs, both based in the Debt Forum:11:

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X