• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

WON!!! Lowells and a statutory demand threat X 3!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WON!!! Lowells and a statutory demand threat X 3!!!

Hi all,

I have recieved a statutory demand through my letterbox from B W LEGAL acting on behalf of Lowells for a debt of just over £4k from four years ago from a catalogue i have wrote to them asking for a CCA and a complete breakdown of this alleged debt but not heard anything back yet, any advice on what to do, can i get the SD set aside, i was going to go and see a solicitor for advice just not sure what to do next, i have no assets and my home has no equity, what should i do next ? any advice would be grateful
    Tags: None

Re: Lowells and a statutory demand threat

Hi and to LegalBeagles....someone will be able to help you

Comment

Originally posted by bmw2602 View Post
      I have recieved a statutory demand through my letterbox from B W LEGAL acting on behalf of Lowells for a debt of just over £4k from four years ago from a catalogue i have wrote to them asking for a CCA and a complete breakdown of this alleged debt but not heard anything back yet, any advice on what to do, can i get the SD set aside
      First things first. What day/date was the SD served on you as you have a limited time to respond? Did you send a formal s.78 CCA request (including a £1 fee) to Lowells before or after you received the SD?

Comment

Hi,

Thankyou for replying, the SD was through my door on tue 2nd but i was away for the week didnt get it till the sat 6th, i sent a formal CCA request after the SD on the monday 8th including the fee of £1 via recorded delivery.

Comment

Hi,

Thankyou for replying, the SD was through my door on tue 2nd but i was away for the week didnt get it till the sat 6th, i sent a formal CCA request after the SD on the monday 8th including the fee of £1 via recorded delivery.
          Did you send the CCA request to Lowell or BW Legal?

Comment

I sent it to BW legal, it said on letter that all Correspondence was to go through them

Comment

I have recieved a statutory demand through my letterbox from B W LEGAL acting on behalf of Lowells for a debt of just over £4k from four years ago from a catalogue i have wrote to them asking for a CCA and a complete breakdown of this alleged debt but not heard anything back yet, any advice on what to do, can i get the SD set aside
              In order to get this set-aside you'll need to have a good reason so can you give us some more information on the debt. Do you mean you opened the account four years ago (i.e. 2009) or you got into financial difficulty with the account four years ago but you'd opened it before 2009 (preferably before April 2007)?

Comment

Hi, I got into financial difficulty 4 years ago, the account had been running for quite a few years beforehand, i definitely opened the account before 2007.

Comment

Hi, I got into financial difficulty 4 years ago, the account had been running for quite a few years beforehand, i definitely opened the account before 2007.
                  :high5:

Now post up more info on this account. Did you open it online (before 2005) or complete an application form (sent back in the post) or since it was a catalogue did you simply order goods but not sign any credit agreement at all? This all matters. As a lawyer we all know well on here always says "the Devil is in the Detail" :nerd:

If your CCA request was signed for on 9th April they have until 25th April to comply. If the SD was served on 2nd April (how do you know that since you say you were way until 6th April?) then you have 18 days + X days to apply for your set-aside. Someone else will have to confirm the deadline for your application but the clock is ticking :clock:

Comment

Hi, i just ordered the goods and they sent them with my new account opened and i didnt sign any credit agreement, yes im pretty sure the account was opened before 2005, the process server posted a letter saying he was coming on the 2nd of april at 12.00pm to serve the SD to me personally, my daughter who was looking after the house for us phoned to tell us on the wed that the SD was throught the letterbox with no envelope when she came up on the wed morning to check on the house and dog. Hope this helps

Comment

i just ordered the goods and they sent them with my new account opened and i didnt sign any credit agreement, yes im pretty sure the account was opened before 2005
                      :whoo:

Now wait for someone to come along and tell you how to make the set-aside application

Comment

I've PM'd BMW to see if he wants any help with this
                        "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

I am proud to have co-founded LegalBeagles in 2007

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

Hi Everyone,

Thankyou all for your help on this matter it really is much appreciated, I am now getting it sorted, keep up the great work you are doing.

Comment

Comment

Thankyou all for your help on this matter it really is much appreciated, I am now getting it sorted, keep up the great work you are doing.

Enjoy the ride :car: Keep us posted.
                              I look forward to seeing Lowells 0 - Kate 2 :beagle::beagle:
                              Last edited by PlanB; 12th April 2013, 10:51:AM.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X