• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Parking eye enforcement - county court judgement

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parking eye enforcement - county court judgement

Hi.

I asked for advice a couple of months ago. My father received a fine from Parking Eye, he has ignored 3 letters in total, however, today he has received a letter saying that afyer repeated letters he still hasn't responded, the fine is now £130 if they haven't heard from him they will issue a county court judgement. Where does he stand and can they recover the money?

Thanks
    Bev
    Tags: None

Re: Parking eye enforcement - county court judgement

Only a judge can issue a county court judgment, all PE can do is issue a county court claim, which can then be defended.

Comment

Did PE actually use the words "we will issue a County Court judgement" or near as damn it? From what you have said, it sounds very much that PE have misrepresented the law, which is, potentially, illegal. Also, note what Michael has said in his post.
      Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

Originally posted by bluebottle View Post
        Did PE actually use the words "we will issue a County Court judgement" or near as damn it?
        Perhaps the oafs think that justice has been privatised?

Comment

Originally posted by CleverClogs View Post
          Perhaps the oafs think that justice has been privatised?
          Nothing surprises me these days, CC.

Comment

Hi all, Thanks for all your replies. I am now at my parents and this the letter which he has received. Its from Debt Recovery Plus Ltd. It states that section 4 of the protection of freedoms act 2012 'the recovery of unpaid parking charge. It states that the creditor has the right to recover unpaid charges from the keeper of the vehicle if certain conditions are met. We understand that these conditions have been met and the above charges are due for payment. If you believe the conditions have not been met then please put it in writing. Accordingly, if we do not receive full payment or contact from you with your proposal for payment,this matter may be passed the landholders solicitor to commence County Court proceedings.. Please see our website www.debtrecoveryplus.co.uk for further details.As my father is 74 he is at a loss how to proceed. Any help would be appreciated. Kind regards Bev

Comment

"if"

"may"

And, by the way, their statement about the misnamed "Protection of Freedoms Act 2012" (link 1, link 2) is such an egregious load of old cock that your father's old cock probably works better.
              msl:

What they doubtless meant was that Schedule 4 (link) of that Act allows for the "recovery" of "unpaid parking charges" - but it does not allow for the extortion of "fines" or "penalties" from anyone.

Comment

Originally posted by BEVFOY View Post
                Hi all, Thanks for all your replies. I am now at my parents and this the letter which he has received. Its from Debt Recovery Plus Ltd. It states that section 4 of the protection of freedoms act 2012 'the recovery of unpaid parking charge. It states that the creditor has the right to recover unpaid charges from the keeper of the vehicle if certain conditions are met. We understand that these conditions have been met and the above charges are due for payment. If you believe the conditions have not been met then please put it in writing. Accordingly, if we do not receive full payment or contact from you with your proposal for payment,this matter may be passed the landholders solicitor to commence County Court proceedings.. Please see our website www.debtrecoveryplus.co.uk for further details.As my father is 74 he is at a loss how to proceed. Any help would be appreciated. Kind regards Bev
                Debt Recovery Plus have misrepresented the law. The only charges they can legitimately recover are Pay & Display charges, not a charge that is clearly a penalty, which is unenforceable. It is a criminal offence to misrepresent the law in this case, if the charges being referred to are unenforceable. They may also have committed a far more serious offence, namely, Attempted Blackmail.

Comment

Clever clogs ..... That made me laugh. I will pass on the good news to my dad. many thanks to everyone for your help.

Comment

Hi, what is the update Bev.

I am in the same boat.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                    Working...
                    X