• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Suing the DWP and ATOS

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Suing the DWP and ATOS

Originally posted by slashpage View Post
    Yeah, doesn't really take an Einstein to figure out something is seriously wrong here does it? Thanks for that enquirer :-)
    There are, of course, alternative explanations other than conspiracies for why lawyers turn down cases. The most obvious one being that the prospective client has not got a case... It doesn't take an Einstein to work that out either! I have regularly turned down clients who didn't have cases. I have never turned down a case because of the size or power of the employer.

Comment

Originally posted by Eloise01 View Post
      There are, of course, alternative explanations other than conspiracies for why lawyers turn down cases. The most obvious one being that the prospective client has not got a case... It doesn't take an Einstein to work that out either! I have regularly turned down clients who didn't have cases. I have never turned down a case because of the size or power of the employer.
      You just can't help yourself can you? you just had to get the conspiracy thing in again didn't you? Look, as far as I'm concerned you are trying to defend the indefensable. You're just like doctors, you all stick together. We have established that we don't agree with each other. So let's just let it go, I really can't be bothered arguing. I've more important things to be getting on with.

Comment

Even if the defendant - as in this case - has infinitely deep pockets?

Comment

Originally posted by slashpage View Post
          You just can't help yourself can you? you just had to get the conspiracy thing in again didn't you?
          I'd agree with Eloise even if she was not the Worshipful Grand Panjandrum of her Lodge.

Comment

Originally posted by CleverClogs View Post
            Even if the defendant - as in this case - has infinitely deep pockets?
            Since I've got used to your humour, I'll answer this. I have never accepted a case on the basis the client can pay. Most of my clients could! I have refused many instructions where the client could pay because they either had no case, or the cost to them outweighed the chances of winning. And I have always explained why I was refusing. On the other hand, I have also accepted pro bono instructions, voluntarily, when I thought a case worth fighting.

And by the way... I have sued the DWP several times. I accept, I did lose. Once!

The OP has been directed to potential free legal resources. If they have a case, someone will take it. Put up or shut up. We are still discussing conspiracies rather than cases!

Comment

Just my opinion and view - please don't shoot me (i'm a coward and I bruise and bleed easily!!)

I've worked for a local authority for over a decade (and well into my second decade) and I've seen/be advised of countles clients (and families of clients) who manage to find legal representation for their complaints - local authorities are constantly receiving threats of litigation. The more emotive ones usually involve charging for care and finanical assessment for the care and whether a house should be taken into account. When money/inhertitance is involved things have a habit of becoming very nasty and very bitter on the family side (and believe it or not we do understand that emotion and sympathise with it - we are human and a saying in our particular office is - how would i feel if that was my parent/grandparent/child and I was going through this process and how would i want to be treated? We then try our upmost to deliever that standard of customer care. To me, that is the most important thing to remember when dealing with the public.

The solicitors usually back out when they find the client/families has been "economical with the truth" and the clear cut case which they said sowed thatt they were in the right they presented to their solicitor all of a sudden isn't when the full details and history is sent to the other side's solicitor - especiallly when they find the client etc complained to the obussman first who dismissed their complaint but somehow managed to leave that info out when explaining their case to their solicitor. That's when the client's solicitor normally exits left with great haste!!!

My role now is free school meals (FSM) and we have a very strict criteria that has to be met in order for this benefit to be awarded. You wouldn't believe the abuse i receive on a daily basis from people when they no longer qualify or we can't award FSM to them. On a daily basis our team is verbally threatened/sworn at/ripped to shreds but we take it because we have to. Yes we can terminate calls if they become too abusive, but I usually find they run out of breath before they reach my intolerance limits. After all its not personal - to them i'm a souless and heartless jobsworth who crawls under the nearest stone at the end of each day and takes utter joy in creating misery, hardship and grief to innocent families (that was one of today's remarks from a gentleman who had been fraudlently claiming FSM - he admitted he knew he was no longer receiving an eligible benefit and should have terminated his clai but said that he was entitled because he was british and the foreigners always get everything free so should he too)

That said LA's don't always get it right and it is right they should be challenged - either by the obussman or by the courts.

Comment

Yet another OP who doesnt like what is put in reply if they dont like the advice clear off instead of attacking those trying to help and giving FREE useful advice

Comment

Originally posted by CleverClogs View Post
                  I'd agree with Eloise even if she was not the Worshipful Grand Panjandrum of her Lodge.
                  Whats that supposed to mean ? You're surely not suggesting that the masons are involved are you ?

Comment

Don't you have to be male to be a mason - I thought eloise was female?? OMG - Eloise is going undercover to expose the Masons?????????

Comment

There are lady masons, the ceremonies are exactly the same, everythings the same except the men are not allowed into the ladies meetings and vice versa.

http://www.owf.org.uk/index.htm

Comment

Just to clarify, my memberships are the Dog's Trust, the National Trust, the Law Society, and the Body Shop!

Comment

I never knew that about lady masons!! Little bit embarassed about that too as My step dad is a Lodge master thingy (perhaps i really should pay more attention to the family conversations at christmas - i'm usually trying to avoid sitting next to my mother during our annual UNO battle - she always manages to screw me with a pick up 4 card when she only has two cards left!!)

Comment

Just to clarify, my memberships are the Dog's Trust, the National Trust, the Law Society, and the Body Shop!
                            With the body shop being the important one xxx

Comment

Oh I just love the Body Shop, nearly as good as the llocitane shop

Comment

Originally posted by fuzzybrain View Post
                                With the body shop being the important one xxx
                                Absolutely!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X