• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

ppi with Welcome Finance. FOS now pursuing AVIVA as underwriter

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ppi with Welcome Finance. FOS now pursuing AVIVA as underwriter

Hi, I am new to the site I am trying to get ppi from Welocme Finance tried for years ,had nothing but messing around from them, I took the loan in 1998 but I am not going to give up can anyone give me any advice how to further my case many thanks

Comment

#Harry10. Not 100% sure but read on another thread that after several years with the FCS Welcome are finally going early next year.
      Have you still got your origanal paper work?
      Some of us, including myself with help from LB claimed back from Aviva but it took a while!
      Welcome are notorious for misding paper work and dodgy practices.
      Hooe this will act as a "bump" for you as this thread is quite old!
      Never give up, Never surrender.

Comment

Originally posted by dogtired View Post
        #Harry10. Not 100% sure but read on another thread that after several years with the FCS Welcome are finally going early next year.
        Have you still got your origanal paper work?
        Some of us, including myself with help from LB claimed back from Aviva but it took a while!
        Welcome are notorious for misding paper work and dodgy practices.
        Hooe this will act as a "bump" for you as this thread is quite old!
        Hi dogtired and Happy New Year.

Did you send a standard PPI mis-sale letter to Aviva and did they first reject it ?

It's just that I have an ongoing complaint with Welcome in which is with FOS and the original adjudicator rejected any underwriters involvement so was interested what you kindly stated.

Feel free to PM me.

Thanks

Bazza

Comment

Originally posted by Bazza View Post
          Hi dogtired and Happy New Year.

Did you send a standard PPI mis-sale letter to Aviva and did they first reject it ?

It's just that I have an ongoing complaint with Welcome in which is with FOS and the original adjudicator rejected any underwriters involvement so was interested what you kindly stated.

Feel free to PM me.

Thanks

Bazza
          Yes @Bazza. I did phone Aviva first and was told I had to send a letter and as many copies of original paper work that I had, they rejected so I then got in touch with FOS it was still in progress with them I then got, out of the blue, a settlement offer from Aviva but only for the one I actually had evidence of. Due to Welcomes incompetence and dodgy practice I did not for another. That is still in dispute not paid Welcome anything for almost seven years and I could try and get what I actually paid for what is in effect a non existent loan. When I had a Welcome one with FOS they wanted me to sign a new agreement for this minus the PPI but Welcome never " proved" this existed as at one time they re wrote it and changed account numbers. It was the organal one I had evidence of. A happy new year!
          Last edited by dogtired; 6th January 2016, 04:09:AM. Reason: adding content and spelling

Comment

Yes @Bazza. I did phone Aviva first and was told I had to send a letter and as many copies of original paper work that I had, they rejected so I then got in touch with FOS it was still in progress with them I then got, out of the blue, a settlement offer from Aviva but only for the one I actually had evidence of. Due to Welcomes incompetence and dodgy practice I did not for another. That is still in dispute not paid Welcome anything for almost seven years and I could try and get what I actually paid for what is in effect a non existent loan. When I had a Welcome one with FOS they wanted me to sign a new agreement for this minus the PPI but Welcome never " proved" this existed as at one time they re wrote it and changed account numbers. It was the organal one I had evidence of. A happy new year!
            OK many thanks dogtired.

Did you have any evidence / paperwork linking a relationship with Aviva or did you send just evidence of loan agreement etc with Welcome ?

Sorry for further questions but it seems that my adjudicator dismissed any responsibilty with underwriters for mis-sale.

Thanks

Bazza

Comment

On the original agreement Norwich Union were mentioned.

I will try and find everything and post up later./ tomorrow, I have a whole document case full if stuff. [MENTION=36423]Bazza[/MENTION]

Comment

@Bazza this was our original Policy document.
                It states that Direct Group are responsible for "day to day" running of the insurance and that Norwich Union were the underwriters when I contacted Direct Group they did not want to know . Date on the front is August 2002 and it was supposed to run for 60 months
                Sorry for the poor quality its got a bit rumpled over the years!

1.pdf

2.pdf

Comment

On the original agreement Norwich Union were mentioned.

I will try and find everything and post up later./ tomorrow, I have a whole document case full if stuff. @Bazza
                  OK again dogtired that would be very much appreciated. The only mention of Underwriters that I have was on the PPI documentation if I remember.

Thanks for your time.

Cheers

Bazza

Comment

[MENTION=36423]Bazza[/MENTION] see post #52.
                    Do you still have yours?
                    [MENTION=42011]Nem[/MENTION]asis45 can you advise please

Comment

@Bazza this was our original Policy document.
                      It states that Direct Group are responsible for "day to day" running of the insurance and that Norwich Union were the underwriters when I contacted Direct Group they did not want to know . Date on the front is August 2002 and it was supposed to run for 60 months
                      Sorry for the poor quality its got a bit rumpled over the years!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]21390[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]21391[/ATTACH]
                      Thanks dogtired exactly what I got from Direct Group when I contacted them.

So you sent this to underwriters with your complaint letter ?

If you don't mind me asking for what reasons to you state to Underwriters for mis-sale ? It's just that I am confused that FOS denied any reason for Aviva's involvement.

Cheers

Comment

Yes, sent it with copy of documents via CEO ( as advised here)
                        They rejected and I went to FOS it had got as far as letter from them to say they were looking at things when Aviva contacted again with offer.
                        I think you may need to check either here or with the FOS web site to see what they will look at as some of the adjudicators, in my experience, do not seem to have a clue.

Thanks dogtired exactly what I got from Direct Group when I contacted them.

So you sent this to underwriters with your complaint letter ?

If you don't mind me asking for what reasons to you state to Underwriters for mis-sale ? It's just that I am confused that FOS denied any reason for Aviva's involvement.

Cheers

Comment

Yes, sent it with copy of documents via CEO ( as advised here)
                          They rejected and I went to FOS it had got as far as letter from them to say they were looking at things when Aviva contacted again with offer.
                          I think you may need to check either here or with the FOS web site to see what they will look at as some of the adjudicators, in my experience, do not seem to have a clue.
                          OK thanks again and will have to get back to Aviva and FOS.

Mine is still with the ombudsman and has been with FOS for nearly 2 years now. My adjudicator rejected original complaint with Welcome as no proof of relationship between broker / lender / underwriter. Therefore was passed to the ombudsman and due to recent Plevin court case they are now looking into whether this would now affect my complaint.

Could I now go back to Aviva with a complaint in light of the above mentioned case do you think ?

Comment

Nothing to loose I guess!
                            Hope some one with more knowledge may help you!
                            @Nemasis235 any ideas out of my deph a little here!

OK thanks again and will have to get back to Aviva and FOS.

Mine is still with the ombudsman and has been with FOS for nearly 2 years now. My adjudicator rejected original complaint with Welcome as no proof of relationship between broker / lender / underwriter. Therefore was passed to the ombudsman and due to recent Plevin court case they are now looking into whether this would now affect my complaint.

Could I now go back to Aviva with a complaint in light of the above mentioned case do you think ?

Comment

Nothing to loose I guess!
                              Hope some one with more knowledge may help you!
                              @Nemasis235 any ideas out of my deph a little here!
                              Thanks for your help again dogtired.

Your comments are always appreciated.

Just one final thing, did you send the standard Underwriter PPI complaint letter or something else ?

I have just received an email from FOS stating that the Plevin judgement was made regarding a lending agreement under the Consumer Credit Act and it maybe unlikely that Underwriters would consider my complaint ????

Therefore my interest as to what reasons were put to Underwriters. Please feel free to send PM if need be.
                              Last edited by Bazza; 7th January 2016, 17:59:PM.

Comment

" standard" letter, from memory.

Thanks for your help again dogtired.

Your comments are always appreciated.

Just one final thing, did you send the standard Underwriter PPI complaint letter or something else ?

I have just received an email from FOS stating that the Plevin judgement was made regarding a lending agreement under the Consumer Credit Act and it maybe unlikely that Underwriters would consider my complaint ????

Therefore my interest as to what reasons were put to Underwriters. Please feel free to send PM if need be.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X