• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

ppi with Welcome Finance. FOS now pursuing AVIVA as underwriter

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ppi with Welcome Finance. FOS now pursuing AVIVA as underwriter

Originally posted by dogtired View Post
    I would always try!
    OK but I have never previously complained to Underwriters so a little unsure what to clearly state. Is there a template somewhere in which I can adjust accordingly ?

Comment

Originally posted by Bazza View Post
      OK but I have never previously complained to Underwriters so a little unsure what to clearly state. Is there a template somewhere in which I can adjust accordingly ?
      Not sure! Sure that there must be!
      Never give up, Never surrender.

Comment

Not sure! Sure that there must be!
        If you have any documentation or reference numbers then, why not write to them as you would a normal complaint (that is assuming) your insurance contract is with them & not the people selling the loans. They will no doubt tell you who their/your contract is with.

Has the FOS looked at this ? (sorry not read all through the thread)

Comment

Thanks [MENTION=42565]Fred[/MENTION] it was [MENTION=36423]Bazza[/MENTION] that asked the questions I was trying to help,!

Comment

@Bazza.
            Earlier you mentioned that the reply from the FOS mentioned the Plevin judgement.
            Looks like that is going to delay or perhaps stop those of us going this route as I have had an identical response about my complaint against Kensington.
            I have asked for a layman's explanation on my thread .
            Last edited by dogtired; 15th January 2016, 13:43:PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Please read the FOS decision;

http://www.ombudsman-decisions.org.u...x?FileID=12636

Is there any thing in there of relevance ?
              Attached Files

Comment

Hi Di,
                I'm at the point of pursuing the underwriter (Aviva), directly and would really appreciate a copy of your letter if possible?

Thanks

Ann

Comment

Hi Di,
                  Could i also too have a copy of the template for the underwriters.
                  I have had 3 long years trying to claim back MPPI sold to my partner.The ombudsman agreed it was mis-sold. Then the company stated it was not in the ombudsman jurastiction. 2years later the ombudsman has found out the company are correct, as it was sold in 2004. The company gave me the terms and conditions of business in 2004, which stated that they came under the FOS rules for complaints. I have had the run around with this financial advisor for 3years whom last year has gone into liquidation. So i am hoping to try the underwriter route
                  Thanks
                  Sharon

Comment

Hi Ann
                    Many Thanks
                    Sharon

Comment

@Bazza.
                      Earlier you mentioned that the reply from the FOS mentioned the Plevin judgement.
                      Looks like that is going to delay or perhaps stop those of us going this route as I have had an identical response about my complaint against Kensington.
                      I have asked for a layman's explanation on my thread .
                      Hi dogtired

did you receive a further explanation from FOS ?

Comment

No, have had other matters to contend with recently but will be on the case again ASAP

Hi dogtired

did you receive a further explanation from FOS ?

Comment

OK thanks dogtired.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                          Working...
                          X