• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

ppi with Welcome Finance. FOS now pursuing AVIVA as underwriter

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ppi with Welcome Finance. FOS now pursuing AVIVA as underwriter

Hi there, I am new to the forum and was just looking for some feedback/advice.

I stupidly took out a loan with Welcome Finance in 2001 when I was informed that the PPI was not optional and the loan would only be offered etc if the PPI was attached. Cant believe that I actually fell for their story, but anyway!

A while back, I approached Welcome to complain and was told that they would not deal with my complaint as they were not registered with the FSA at the point of sale, so after much investigative work I discovered that AVIVA were the underwriters and have since been pursuing them through FOS - when I initially wrote to AVIVA they wrote back confirming that they did accept liability but were not upholding my complaint. This has been ongoing for almost 2 years and I am now in communication with an adjudicator who seems close to reaching a conclusion.

He emailed me on Friday to say that he has contacted AVIVA to ask them to reconsider their stance on my complaint and that they have 20 days to provide him with something that he has requested - if they cannot provide this evidence (he wouldnt divulge exactly what he was asking for) then it is likely that he will be upholding my complaint!

I am trying to not be too positive in case my complaint is rejected, but just wanted to know if anyone had experience of this type of thing and what I should exect.

Thanks
    Tags: None

Re: ppi with Welcome Finance. FOS now pursuing AVIVA as underwriter

Hi and welcome (no pun intended) lol.
    Keeping fingers and toes crossed for you, please keep us posted.

Yes I was successful in writing to my underwriter/insurer a few months back, I did not bother asking the FOS, and had a go myself, careful wording is required when complaining to the underwriter.

Any probs, please let us know, I realise the FOS are dealing with your complaint, but despite that, do let us know, good luck.

Comment

Thanks Di! It sounds quite positive at the moment based upon the adjudicator basically asking AVIVA to reconsider their position so fingers crossed! Also good to hear that u have had success via this route. Wasn't sure what the success rate would be

Comment

Hi

I have just today received the rejection letter from Aviva, it has taken me a long time to find out who the underwriters were ( Loan is ongoing with Paragon Finance) and only did this with the aid of a very helpful FOS lady who advised me to get straight back to her if/when they rejected the claim. Just wondering how long between the rejection letter and the stage you are at now has been.

Comment

subscribe as my claim has just gone to FOS (Welcome/Aviva)
          Never give up, Never surrender.

Comment

It has been ongoing for a year and a half now. Will hopefully hear back before the end of this month!

Comment

Hi KEZ31
              I have a complaint with the FOS and recently received correspondance from them stating that - they are investigating which code of conduct Aviva where asigned to at the time of sale.
              Good luck with your claim.
              Gill x

Comment

Hi
                I am new to Legal Beagles but hve read a lot of threads recently - I am currently persuing Aviva as underwriters for Welcome Finance for a couple of loans I wish I had never taken but times were hard
                After a long and frustrating journey I have been informed today by Aviva that my enquiry has now been escalated (i assume this is to a claim?) and I should recieve a decision in the next couple of weeks

Is anybody else in this position? and I feel its likely to be a negative - do I have any other options after this?
                Thankyou

Comment

Not sure but Aviva rejected mine so it has just gone to the FOS

Comment

Hi
                    Had a letter from the FOS, saying because Aviva refused resopnsibilty and stated that G E Money sold the policy. Although G E were not authorised, therfore there products should not have been sold to them, therefore they are investigating what code of conduct Aviva were signed up to.
                    Good luck with your claim.
                    Gill x

Comment

when AVIVA rejected my claim they did state that they were accepting liability, so no doubting in my case who are responsible. fingers crossed I receive a response soon and with the adjudicator stating that they are asking AVIVA to reconsider their stance then hopefully it is a positive response.

Comment

Just wanted to give you all an update - I received an email from the Adjudicator today to let me know that AVIVA has requested an extension until the 4th of May to provide the evidence that FOS have requested. I will hopefully therefore have a decision soon

Comment

Hate to rock the boat as I have an interest as well, but being local so to speak this just on local news
                          http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-22198676

I am not sure what, if any impact it will have though

Comment

Thanks for this, but dont imagine it'll have any impact on my complaint. The adjudicator has said that if AVIVA cannot provide the documentation that he is requesting then he will conclude the investigation without it.

Comment

Fingers crossed then!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X