• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

RCI Financial services car loan default

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RCI Financial services car loan default

Hi I hope I am posting this in the right place

My daughter has a loan with RCI Financial Services,while she was off work,signed off due to broken shoulder/depression,she fell behind with payments,once she was back at work,she ressumed payments and made a lump sum payment to catch up with the arrears,she cancelled the DD and made the payments over the phone,not sure why but she fell behind again,so she phoned them to come to an arrangement,which they agreed to.
    Then she must have been late again as she received a Default Notice stating that she owed arrears of £996.00 now there is also on the notice Administration charges of £709.49

19/11/2007 Sent SAR to RCI
    19/11/2007 Sent CCA to RCI

14/11/2007 Received letter stating that as she had failed to comply with the default notice,and that the Agreement had been terminated

03/12/2007 Received letter from RCI saying that they have been trying to contact her regarding the payment she tried to make with a debit card (now she had tried to phone them but could not get through)
    also stating her account was still active.

9/12/2007 Sent letter asking for more details of the payment that she had tried to make(as I said before she failed to get through to them)
    I also reminded them that they hadn't complied with the CCA or SAR of which both cheques were cashed 28th november.I also requested a copy of their complaints procedure.
    We still haven't received anything from them.

Any advice on what I should do now or do I give them more time we are going to send a cheque for the normal monthly payment plus a bit extra.
    Member of the Beagles £2 coin and small change savers clubs, both based in the Debt Forum:11:

Re: RCI Financial services car loan default

Are we talking about Renault Here?
    I had some trouble with these when they were Renault Financial Services in nov/dec 06.

From Memory they didn't get the SAR back in time, but I sent a 7 day letter and got a call from their Data Protection unit within a couple of days, and all my details the following day.

So may be worth a 7 day letter to give them a nudge.

They did send ALL the details as well that they had.

I will try and go through my notes so I can help you a bit more

Comment

Are we talking about Renault Here? Yes that's them changed from RFS to RCI.

I Forgot to add that when she received the default notice she phone them to try and come to some arrangement,their reply was you're too late.Taking off the charges she has paid half of the loan.

Okay away to do the 7 day letter and get it in the post tomorrow.

Thanks PK

Member of the Beagles £2 coin and small change savers clubs, both based in the Debt Forum:11:

Comment

Originally posted by scottishlass View Post
        I Forgot to add that when she received the default notice she phone them to try and come to some arrangement,their reply was you're too late.
        I did a similar thing, when i phoned to pay, they said a default notice had been issued and I could only pay a higher amount. Then the default notice arrived a week later dated 3 days after the telephone call.

I did get an agreement to pay it off in installments, but I did it by writing rather than talking to the muppets on the phone.

Ile dig them out for you, it may give you an idea of direction.

Send your 7 day letter it 'signed for' as well, I think its £1.04 or a 1st class letter, then at least you know they have recieved it.
        Have you got one or do you want me to post one up for you?

PKea

Comment

Thanks Pk

I have one, thank you anyway, it is all done and printed out ready to post :okay:

Comment

Update.

Letter giving them seven days to respond sent last night recorded delivery.

I also sent a cheque to cover her payment and an extra £20 with letter to say that is how she will be paying in the future.

will let you know the responce I get if any

Comment

Best of luck hun xxx
              #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Hows it going

attached is RCI Financial Services schedule of Default Charges.

Can these charges be contended as with bank charges?

Comment

Hi Pkea,

Nothing received yet,will have to check again and see when it was signed for.

As for the charges,I was going to try the same thing as bank charges reclaiming,worth a try,once I get the information requested.

Comment

just checked Royal mail and is was sent from there watford office 17/01/08
                    so I take it that was the date delivered?

Still got nothing from them,not sure what to do now,will have to have a think. I also sent a payment by cheque I thought they would have responded to the letter by now.

Comment

Update,

Still nothing received,going to report to Information Commisioner now as they are well past the 40 days,they have also had a couple of reminders.

They still have not replied to the CCA request either of 19/11/2007

Comment

Originally posted by scottishlass View Post
                        They still have not replied to the CCA request either of 19/11/2007
                        Thats interesting.

Did you take out the agreement with RCI or was it originally with RFS, as I am having another mini dispute with RCI, hence the charges notice I posted on here.
                        RCI is now Renault itself, and RFS was Bank of Scotland, just for info

Did RCI get ALL the documents relating to ALL the agreements when they were transfered/ taken over???

I will post a new thread relating to my case, as it may have some similarities.

Comment

Hi Pkea,

The agreement was taken out with RFS.

I noticed she has had a charge of £150.00 added as it went to central collections in april 2006 then back to RFS now RCI.

She received a statement for the account which we had to ask for in august 2007 which included charges totalling £660.00 and future charges of £85.72,plus VARIOUS MIGRATED CHA,not sure what that is, total £17.69

I am sure there will be more by now.

Comment

Stiil had nothing back from them.

This I hope will give us more of a chance to come to an agreement about payments,just not sure why they haven't replied to anything, just a bit confused,I will continue to pay the monthly payment by cheque with a bit extra to cover arrears.

Comment

Hi all just updating,

I received letter today thanking for payment with a receipt.

But they still have not replied to anything else not sure what to do now as I wanted a new updated statement from them to reclaim the charges on this account.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X