• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

PPI claim on a personal loan with HSBC

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PPI claim on a personal loan with HSBC

Hi
    i had a personel loan for £7100 with HSBC in 2005 for five year.
    i just came across the document this week when was tring to get rid of my old papers.
    i was surprised to find that I had paid £1500 on a PPI!!
    this has been added on my monthly loan repayment(£ 29.21)
    At the time I was working for 23 hours a week in NHS and was eligible for 6months full sick pay and redundancy pay.
    I have signed a pre ticked agreement for PPI which states that I had been recommended to take optional PPI
    till this time I have not even realised that I was sold a PPI!!!
    i do have the policy agreement with me.
    am I eligible for a claim? How strong will my claim be?
    can any one advise me please?
    thank you
    Mrs.G
    Tags: None

Re: PPI claim on a personal loan with HSBC

Originally posted by Mrs.G View Post
    Hi
    i had a personel loan for £7100 with HSBC in 2005 for five year.
    i just came across the document this week when was tring to get rid of my old papers.
    i was surprised to find that I had paid £1500 on a PPI!!
    this has been added on my monthly loan repayment(£ 29.21)
    At the time I was working for 23 hours a week in NHS and was eligible for 6months full sick pay and redundancy pay.
    I have signed a pre ticked agreement for PPI which states that I had been recommended to take optional PPI
    till this time I have not even realised that I was sold a PPI!!!
    i do have the policy agreement with me.
    am I eligible for a claim? How strong will my claim be?
    can any one advise me please?
    thank you
    Mrs.G
    Hi and welcome

I would certainly give it a go with your reasons, and for one working with the NHS you were protected for sickness etc and the fact that you were not aware you were paying for PPI as well, it may have been added automatically, or you assumed it was all part of the agreement at the time.

Let us know if you require further help from here, the link the complaint/reclaim questionnaire or letter etc.

Good luck.

Comment

Hi Thanks
      I contacted the HSBC PPI complaint over the phone and filed the complain.they gave me a reference number and advised fill in the complain questionnaire which I have done and posted.
      Hopefully I will hear from them!!!
      I Have a credit card from them as well and just noticed I have been paying premium insurance for more than 10 years!!
      when I mentioned to them they asked me to use the same reference number for both both the claims.
      I will let you know how I am getting on.
      initially I contacted a claim company and they have sent me the papers to sign and send back.now that I have changed my mind to do it on my own,Am I under any obligation to go with the claim company.( I have not returned any forms back!)
      Mrs.G

Comment

Hi Thanks
        I contacted the HSBC PPI complaint over the phone and filed the complain.they gave me a reference number and advised fill in the complain questionnaire which I have done and posted.
        Hopefully I will hear from them!!!
        I Have a credit card from them as well and just noticed I have been paying premium insurance for more than 10 years!!
        when I mentioned to them they asked me to use the same reference number for both both the claims.
        I will let you know how I am getting on.
        initially I contacted a claim company and they have sent me the papers to sign and send back.now that I have changed my mind to do it on my own,Am I under any obligation to go with the claim company.( I have not returned any forms back!)
        Mrs.G
        Hi Mrs G

As long as you've not signed then no your not under any obligation at all, and so happy to hear you are doing this without the help from using a claims company, this way you will get to keep all your refund, and less hassle too ;-)

Good for you, good luck on both of your reclaims x

Comment

Hi
          I had posted my claim form by first class post not a recorded one
          Do you think I should send a copy again on recorded delivery or wait and see
          x

Comment

Hi
            I had posted my claim form by first class post not a recorded one
            Do you think I should send a copy again on recorded delivery or wait and see
            x
            Don't worry about that, but what you could do is contact them if you've not received any confirmation letter by say 10 days, but as soon as you receive the acknowledgement letter to confirm they received your complaint, at least you know it did reach them, but otherwise give them a quick call after 10 days. (You should be fine hun, no worries) ;-) x

Comment

Hi Di
              ive just received a letter from HSBC acknowledging my complaints which was done over the phone.
              I did mention when I called them that I have completed the questionnaire and posted to them.
              They have enclosed another consumer questionnaire too.
              Should I send another copy by recorded post or just give a call and find out if they received my questionnaire ?
              Mrs.G

Comment

Hiya

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you.

When you said it was it was done over the phone, did they question your complaint, reasons etc?
                If they try calling again, tell them you wish to only correspond in writing only as a preferred method, as they (banks/businesses) can be crafty on the phone in my opinion when they want to be.

However, there is no harm in just contacting them just to ask if they have received the complaint form, but any questions they ask, tell them to refer to the complaint form, if they say they have not received it, then yes send in a further one recorded delivery x

Comment

HI,

Nice share.. I am glad to go to here..I really want this post as a result of I am searching for the data associated with PPI Claim....

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                  Working...
                  X