• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Bayliffs chasing Council tax from 3 different years....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bayliffs chasing Council tax from 3 different years....

I am being chased for 3 years unpaid council tax which I can't now prove I paid as I moved house and discarded all paperwork relevant to my address under The London Borough of Hounslow. Their statement of account states that I owe over £500 from the year 2003-2004. The next year and the year after shows payment in full. Surely if I owed over £500 from a previous year it would have been added on to the next year? Also with the year 2008-2009 they want a full years council tax they say I have not paid. Bayliffs were involved and attended my house and payment was made. If I had not paid the bayliffs at that time my goods would have been seized as threatened. They are now threatening to remove the goods at my new address in a different borough. How can I dispute this?
    Tags: None

Re: Bayliffs chasing Council tax from 3 different years....

Have you served a Subject Access Request, under Section 7, Data Protection Act 1998, on LB of Hounslow? This will cost you £10 and enable you to obtain copies of all information they hold on you in manual and electronic form.

Just a thought, if you paid by Direct Debit, have you checked with your bank that CT payments for the Financial Years 2003/2004 and 2008/2009 were debited from your account? If they have, it would tend to suggest that LB of Hounslow have applied the CT payments to someone else's CT account, in which case, their obtaining of LOs was wrongful, sending in bailiffs was, probably, unlawful and the money taken from you by bailiffs was also unlawful. The use of bailiffs in the most recent matter may also be unlawful. Speak to your bank tomorrow if you pay CT by DD.
    Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X