• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.
  • If you need direct help with your employment issue you can contact us at admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com for further assistance. This will give you access to “off-forum” support on a one-to- one basis from an experienced employment law expert for which we would welcome that you make a donation to help towards their time spent assisting on your matter. You can do this by clicking on the donate button in the box below.

Verbal agreements - enforceable?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Verbal agreements - enforceable?

I must apologise for my little interruption earlier, in my excitement at seeing the popcorn I lost a whole page where some of the questions I asked had already been answered.
    If this carries on I will go and ask "my friend" dx to come and tell us the real answer

Comment

Anytime after 8am if i wake to find that i have to respond to another post - If not then as soon as Loxxie has scanned copies of her contract.
      Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Always seek the advice of an insured qualified professional. All my legal and nonlegal knowledge comes from either here (LB),my own personal research and experience and/or as the result of necessity as an Employer and Businessman.

By using my advice in any form, you agreed to waive all rights to hold myself or any persons representing myself of any liability.

If you PM me, make sure to include a link to your thread as I don't give out advice in private. All PMs that are sent in missuse (including but not limited to phishing, spam) of the PM application and/or PMs that are threatening or abusive will be reported to the Site Team and if necessary to the police and/or relevant Authority.

I AM SO GOING TO GET BANNED BY CEL FOR POSTING terrible humour POSTS.

The Governess; 6th March 2012 GRRRRRR

Comment

Originally posted by teaboy2 View Post
        The site admin also know me well enough....
        You're not wrong there pal.

Do you realise just how ridiculous you sound?

Comment

How does it make me sound ridiculous - Just because i have the balls to stand up to people who can't accept that i may not agree with them and they revert to making insults and innuendos about me and try to discredit my opinion or advice as a result! If the site admin had any issue with my advice or anything i put in a PM, then they are free to step in, as i have stated many times here. Hell i am more than willing to explain my reasons to the site admin, but then i already explained that numerous times on this thread.

I also very much doubt the site admin would want to risk facing any legal come back should Loxxie have taken Eloise advice and issued a letter before action only for Loxxie to employers to have a successful counterclaim resulting in loxxie probably being hit in the pocket, if it proceeded to court/tribunal!

Am going to throw the question right back at you EXC - Do you realise just how ridiculous you sound when posting silly images and making pathetic innuendos about others just because they don't share your view? Be careful, as making such innuendos could in the future mean you fall foul of the press legislation that you so strongly supported, if the government try to extend the scope of said law. Oh but then we have libel laws when it comes making false statements about others already anyway!
          Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Always seek the advice of an insured qualified professional. All my legal and nonlegal knowledge comes from either here (LB),my own personal research and experience and/or as the result of necessity as an Employer and Businessman.

By using my advice in any form, you agreed to waive all rights to hold myself or any persons representing myself of any liability.

If you PM me, make sure to include a link to your thread as I don't give out advice in private. All PMs that are sent in missuse (including but not limited to phishing, spam) of the PM application and/or PMs that are threatening or abusive will be reported to the Site Team and if necessary to the police and/or relevant Authority.

Comment

So sorry everyone. I appear to have lost a couple of months somewhere in this exhaustive thread. I could have sworn it was APRIL. And of course it is actually JULY, since that is when the enacting regulations say that tribunal fees are introduced. Damn, must get on with my Christmas shopping...

Comment

Teaboy2, fees being introduced for employment tribunals are set for summer 2013. I need you to source your statement that Eloise is incorrect because I cannot back up what you have just stated and yes, I have looked and Summer 2013 is currently the information that I have as well.
              "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
              (quote from David Ogden Stiers)

Comment

Am going to throw the question right back at you EXC - Do you realise just how ridiculous you sound when posting silly images and making pathetic innuendos about others...
                What innuendos? it is a fact that you are a self confessed paraniac. To refer to you as such is not an innuendo. It's a psychological condition.

Comment

Just to clarify, the ACAS website about the introduction of fees for Tribunals state summer 2013

http://www.acas.org.uk/index.aspx?articleid=4044

EDIT: further to this MOJ website states the same: http://www.justice.gov.uk/news/press...nd-arbitration

Comment

I do have to agree that although we are in Summer Time the season is actually spring. Summer , or so I was always told starts 21st June and according to Google Midsummers day is June 24th so summer must be 6 days long!

EXC , It is well known that DCA's etc do look at these boards , some even let reps from DCA's onto the boards. I am not paranoid I just know you are all out to get me!

Comment

Originally posted by leclerc View Post
                      Just to clarify, the ACAS website about the introduction of fees for Tribunals state summer 2013

http://www.acas.org.uk/index.aspx?articleid=4044

EDIT: further to this MOJ website states the same: http://www.justice.gov.uk/news/press...nd-arbitration
                      I would suggest, that just like many other reforms the government haven't got a Scooby Doo. Either that or they do know but just want to avoid protests so will slip in in under the radar when there is some really bad news....a royal death, wedding, bomb etc.

Comment

Originally posted by jon1965 View Post
                        I do have to agree that although we are in Summer Time the season is actually spring. Summer , or so I was always told starts 21st June and according to Google Midsummers day is June 24th so summer must be 6 days long!

EXC , It is well known that DCA's etc do look at these boards , some even let reps from DCA's onto the boards. I am not paranoid I just know you are all out to get me!
                        Spring start on technically March 20th/21st and summer begins on June 21st UNLESS you work for the Met Office which seems to class 1st March to the end of May as Spring and then Summer begins on 1st June for simplicity's sake for them .

We really are digging into the minutiae. Are there any pagans on the forum that would care to offer and opinion?? :focus:

Comment

Has advice been offered to the OP Loxxie by PM?

Unless specifically agreed with site team, advice must remain on forum.
                          "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

I am proud to have co-founded LegalBeagles in 2007

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

Originally posted by Eloise01 View Post
                            So sorry everyone. I appear to have lost a couple of months somewhere in this exhaustive thread. I could have sworn it was APRIL. And of course it is actually JULY, since that is when the enacting regulations say that tribunal fees are introduced. Damn, must get on with my Christmas shopping...
                            Really.. care to provide a link to said regulations/admendments, as only info i have seen about the fees in july is merely that the MOJ will be launching a service for payment of such fees online, which merely only gives rise to speculation the fees would be brought in in JULY. Also i have looked at the The Employment Tribunals (Constitution and Rules of Procedure) (Amendment) Regulations 2004 and the 2012 amendments, neither of which mention fees as of yet so unless their is a new amendment not yet available online then i will stick to April 2013 since that's what a lot of reputable law firms are stating and even the BBC have stated. So if am wrong on when the fees will be applied then so are the BBC and a lot of reputable law firms.

If you can provide a link and if it proves me wrong then i'll hold my hands up and accept i was wrong on when the fees start.

Regardless of the fees it still doesn't take away the real risk loxxie would face if it when to court or tribunal, and that's the real issue here not who's right or wrong as to when the fees come into force.

Enjoy your early Christmas shopping!

Comment

Originally posted by Celestine View Post
                              Has advice been offered to the OP Loxxie by PM?

Unless specifically agreed with site team, advice must remain on forum.
                              NO legal advice has been given in terms of legal action - Only warning of the risks and discussion on things already mentioned in this thread and the offer to write up a letter for loxxie (which will also be posted on the thread), once i have viewed her contract (which, with loxxies permission, will be posted on this thread) along with request for further information regarding what loxxie is claiming is owed to her and for her contract.

I only made the offer to prevent the thread going the way it has, but after loxie posted the first letter from her employer on the thread and it was clear that they were not reclaiming what they had paid her for all those wednesdays that she was at college. Then any disagreement prior to that was irrelevant and i had assumed the Arguement was done with. Though obviously i was wrong as Eloise couldn't let it go - My belief is that their is a very real risk that Loxxie would face a strong counter claim from the employer that would hit her hard in the pocket, even if she did win her claim for accrued holidays. So advising her to take legal action so early on when there is still a chance this can be settled amicably, not only puts loxxie at such risk but also has the potential of coming back to haunt the forum itself as a result of such rushed and ill thought out advice - Something no one wants to see!

Comment

Really.. care to provide a link to said regulations/admendments, as only info i have seen about the fees in july is merely that the MOJ will be launching a service for payment of such fees online, which merely only gives rise to speculation the fees would be brought in in JULY. Also i have looked at the The Employment Tribunals (Constitution and Rules of Procedure) (Amendment) Regulations 2004 and the 2012 amendments, neither of which mention fees as of yet so unless their is a new amendment not yet available online then i will stick to April 2013 since that's what a lot of reputable law firms are stating and even the BBC have stated. So if am wrong on when the fees will be applied then so are the BBC and a lot of reputable law firms.

If you can provide a link and if it proves me wrong then i'll hold my hands up and accept i was wrong on when the fees start.
                                FFS! Teaboy2 you are relying on out of date information from the BBC: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-15154088
                                If you read the correct info then you would have got the date is SUMMER 2013.
                                Regardless of the fees it still doesn't take away the real risk loxxie would face if it when to court or tribunal, and that's the real issue here not who's right or wrong as to when the fees come into force.

Enjoy your early Christmas shopping!
                                See above but Teaboy2 you are right in saying that the BBC did state in 2011 that it was coming into force in April 2013. However, that was before the consultation and the announcement that the timescale would be Summer 2013

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X