• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

halfax claim refusal update

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• halfax claim refusal update

Well got my reply from halifax re my appeal and they are still refusing to uphold my claim saying that they have reconsidered my complaint and do not believe that it introduces anything to change the original decision.
    The letter also say that if they do not hear from me again they will consider the case closed .
    They enclosed a copy of what they say is an "application/consent form" but on reading it it only says application form (copy attached)
    also it looks incomplete and if you note the mortgage repayment £151 and the assurance premium £70 Why would I pay almost 50% more on such a small mortgage unless i was told that it was a necessity on my application.
    I have always made a point of not taking out such insurance on purchases like tv's etc
    I am still waiting for delivery of my DSAR to see what info that holds but in the meantime i will write and say that the Application/ consent? form they sent still does not prove that is wasnt misold
    any opinions or advice welcome

Thanks

john
    Attached Files
    Tags: None

Re: halfax claim refusal update

Hi John, sorry to hear that!
    Halifax seem to be one's that are rejecting lots of complaints lately.
    I will try opening your link again, been having probs with mine, but please remind me the reasons you gave for being mis sold, thanks.

Comment

Hi Di
      Thanks for your response,
      This started off as a telephone call when i found an illegable copy of what i suspected might be ppi on my mortgage from 15 years ago which i paid off in 2009.
      I called halifax with the policy number and asked if it was ppi. when they told me it was i said that i couldnt remember agreeing to this.
      They asked if i wanted to lodge a claim so i said yes,
      2 weeks later got a phone call and the only main question they asked was could i remember if it was a man or woman who sold it to me .
      I said that it was 15 years ago and i wouldnt remember that ,
      Next thing i got a letter saying my claim was refused as the reason given that they did not believe the policy was misold. I called and said that they had not produced any evidence of this and i wanted to see some .
      However i appealed their decision in writing and they sent a second refusal with a copy of what they call an application/consent form signed by me .(the form dosnt even say consent on it, only the word application
      when i saw it i was the convinced that i must have been told that the policy was necessary because the mortgage repayments were only £151 per month and the ppi was £70 . I would never have agreed to pay almost 50% more on my mortgage repayments unless i was told i had to take the policy out .
      It the last letter they say that if they dont hear from me again they will close my case ,however i am waiting for a sar from them so in the meantime i will write and tell them that as far as im concerned that application/ consent form they sent still does not prove that it was misold

Thanks again

john

Comment

Hi John
        Thanks for that.

So basically they still not provided you with concrete evidence.

Have you wrote to their CEO? you could tell him/her they failed to provide you with the evidence you require to proof the fact they believe they did not mis sell you the policy. (They have failed you in this respect and just tried fobbing you off with a word application that proves nothing to you.

Comment

Hi di
          Thanks again for your response
          I have drafted this letter to them today

Before I post it could you possibly have a look at it and give your opinion if I should add,remove or alter anything in it ,

Dear Sir/Madam.
          Ref:
          Mortgage Number
          Policy Numbers

I refer to your letter dated 12th March when you have repeated your rejection of my claim and request that you reconsider your decision based on the following point.
          I would like to point out that the enclosed “Mortgage Repayments Insurance Application” is not a consent but purely an application and as such is not what I would consider proof that the policy was not mis-sold. The PPI policy was almost 50% of the mortgage and I would not have considered taking the PPI out at this high level unless told by yourselves that it was compulsary in order to complete the mortgage application.

I would request that you keep this case open as I am not happy with your decision and am awaiting details of SAR information from yourselves.

Yours sincerely,

Thanks

john

Comment

Originally posted by Johnprr View Post
            Hi di
            Thanks again for your response
            I have drafted this letter to them today

Before I post it could you possibly have a look at it and give your opinion if I should add,remove or alter anything in it ,

Dear Sir/Madam.
            Ref:
            Mortgage Number
            Policy Numbers

I refer to your letter dated 12th March when you have repeated your rejection of my claim and request that you reconsider your decision based on the following point.
            I would like to point out that the enclosed “Mortgage Repayments Insurance Application” is not a consent but purely an application and as such is not what I would consider proof that the policy was not mis-sold. The PPI policy was almost 50% of the mortgage and I would not have considered taking the PPI out at this high level unless told by yourselves that it was compulsary in order to complete the mortgage application.

I would request that you keep this case open as I am not happy with your decision and am awaiting details of SAR information from yourselves.

Yours sincerely,

Thanks

john
            Hi John

Yes that is good, also give them a timescale for them to get back to you, 14 or 21 days maximum.

Fingers crossed on this ;-)

Comment

Update
              Hmm looks like halifax don't want you access your sar details too soon as I still haven't received them.
              they are obviously going to hold them till the last moment.... Due date 14th April . Till then I'm in a bit of a limbo as I've told them to keep my case open till I receive them and check them out .
              mind you they managed to cash my cheque in 5 days ok.

John

Comment

Have received my SAR now and have studied it thoroughly and can find nothing to substantiate halifax's claim that my ppi was not misold
                So I have yet again written to them requesting that they review my claim bearing in mind that they have not produced any evidence whatsoever and the have based their refusal soley on the phone call to acertain if i could remember if it was a male or female that sold it to me 15 years ago and a copy of an application ( attached) which merely shows my mortgage repayment and my monthly payment for my life assurance/ endownment policy which was taken out with a company called LAS.
                I have given them 14 days to respond .
                Will update when i get a reply

John
                Attached Files

Comment

I shall take a read when I get back later, my puter takes ages to down load damn thing lol.

I agree on the writing back though and that they should provide the concrete evidence.

Comment

Well that's been 3 weeks since my correspondence with the halifax and no response despite requesting a reply within a fourteen day time scale.
                    guess its time to drop them a little reminder , their service is pathetic

john

Comment

Hiya
                      So sorry to miss this one, been trying to catch up on this site and others lol.

Email the CEO tell them you not happy with the customer service, they failed to comply within the timescale and you will have to consider taking the matter further ie: FOS if they fail to correspond.

Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by di30 View Post
                        Hiya
                        So sorry to miss this one, been trying to catch up on this site and others lol.

Email the CEO tell them you not happy with the customer service, they failed to comply within the timescale and you will have to consider taking the matter further ie: FOS if they fail to correspond.

Good luck.

Thanks again Di . Actually that's was a fast reply, only put the update on last night , lol
                        sorry to be a pest but do you by any chance have the name and address ?

John
                        Last edited by Johnprr; 10th May 2013, 16:48:PM. Reason: None

Comment

For email there are a few, but Halifax on the CEO list of addresses etc are the same as Lloyds, due to being under the same umbrella, you could send the one email to all by copying it to them and ask them to pass on to relevant dept or ask them to otherwise forward you details of the Halifax manager by email, but your email should be passed on, but ask them to confirm acknowledgement as well.

Head of Retail banking for lloyds/Halifax etc.
                          alison.brittain@lloydsbanking.com

Company Secretary for lloyds/Halifax
                          paul.gittins@lloydsbanking.com

Finance Director Halifax/Lloyds etc
                          george.culmer@lloydsbanking.com

CEO for lloyds/Halifax
                          antonio.osorio@lloydsbanking.com

Many have said they have emailed CEO and then been told they have to contact someone else, so no harm in sending email to each and see what they come back with, one of them should know

Hopefully though, someone who have had dealings with Halifax direct will post and confirm either way x

Comment

Hi Di ,
                            i have since called halifax to say that they did not respond within the 14 day period requested,
                            i was basically told that my case was still open and they were waiting for the team investigators to get back to them.
                            i suppose it does indicate that they may be taking it a bit more seriously now.
                            ill keep ya posted.
                            john

Comment

Hi John

Thank you for your update, I shall keep an eye on your posts, fingers crossed. Hopefully this means good news x

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X