Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default MKDP/Barclaycard urgent help required please

Hi LB, not sure which forum this belongs to but here is my issue in brief:

Northampton CCBC
    Claimant MKDP LLP not Barclaycard
    Particulars of claim states account assigned to MKDP LLP - NO DATE ?

looked on credit ref files and info stated on Experian acoount ended in XXXX X but that is not the account number for the card ? particulars of claim number is correct though.
    Experian 1st entry May 2012 as a straight default without any communication from them ?
    Equifax & Noddle 1st entry Jan 2012 as a straight default again without any comms??
    Last full account payment to Barclays was Oct 2011 when we an agreement was requested as considering a debt consolidation company, did not do this , so wrote to Barclays, SAR, with a view to reduce the balance as much as poss with the payment recieved, no response, non SAR letter sent 3 months after still no response, another non SAR letter sent June 2012 still as of today no response now this.
    No default from MKDP, I suppose they will make some letters up and send upon request ?
    Please any help would be gratefully received, panicking and worried to death

AG

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Re: MKDP/Barclaycard urgent help required please

Quote Originally Posted by andyglover63 View Post

Northampton CCBC

looked on credit ref files and info stated on Experian acoount ended in XXXX X but that is not the account number for the card ? particulars of claim number is correct though.
    Experian 1st entry May 2012 as a straight default without any communication from them ?
    Equifax & Noddle 1st entry Jan 2012 as a straight default again without any comms??
    Last full account payment to Barclays was Oct 2011 when we an agreement was requested as considering a debt consolidation company, did not do this , so wrote to Barclays, SAR, with a view to reduce the balance as much as poss with the payment recieved, no response, non SAR letter sent 3 months after still no response, another non SAR letter sent June 2012 still as of today no response now this.
    No default from MKDP, I suppose they will make some letters up and send upon request ?

AG
    You need to defend this.Please don't panic help is at hand.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Northampton CCBC

As long as the account on the PoC is correct, the CRA entries are irrelevant for the purpose of claim. Did you ever get a Notice of Assignment? This thread has all the ins and outs of debt purchasing and assignment ---> http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...and-assignment
    Are you saying you never got a default notice from Barclays?
    Did you ever send a s.78 CCA request? - I take it this was a credit card, or did you get a consolidation loan to pay off the card?

AG
    The DN should have been issued by Barclays because they owned the account at the time you broke the agreement by not making contractual payments.

How much is the alleged balance? Did you ever get a Letter Before Action or Letter of Claim? Before starting proceedings, a claimant is supposed to send one. Not sending one can have an impact on costs. See here for the pre-action protocol rules --> http://www.justice.gov.uk/courts/pro...action_conduct

You need to acknowledge the claim and you have 14 days from the date of service, which is deemed to be 5 days after the date on the PoC. You can acknowledge the service and state your intention to defend in full, you will then get a further 14 days to file a defence, however, before you do anything, I would suggest PMing PT2537 with a link to this thread. He works for this firm who have successfully defended a number of consumer credit cases ---> http://www.watsonssolicitors.co.uk/contact.html including this one, where the defendent is also a LB member (Plan B) ---> http://paulatwatsonssolicitors.wordp...012/07/22/153/

Financial Institutions gambled and caused global economic meltdown, then they were bailed out with our tax money. We consumers are still expected to pay the debts we incurred as a result of their actions. It's time to fight back.

I don't give advice, just offer guidance and useful resources

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

HI

Many thanks for that I shall get to work on it.

Never had any correspondence at all from MKDLP . First I

knew about this was when I had the court letter

Andy

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Just wondering if you have any further news?

I think I am just a few days or weeks behind you with these lot.....

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by willtheywontthey View Post

And I'm wondering if you have any further news for us

Flaming Parrot gave you a number of solid suggestions in post #3. Did you follow them up

You should have sent the court the Acknowledgement of Service form within 14 days of receiving the claim. That deadline has now passed. If you didn't do that the Claimant (MKDP) can apply for a summary judgment against you and the next thing you'll hear is a CCJ dropping on your doormat

If you did send back the AOS stating your intention to defend the claim then you will have 28 days from service to submit your Defence. That deadline expires on Monday (?) if you received the claim on the day of your first post on this thread. In some situations you can apply for an extension for a further 28 days but you'll need to have a good reason but not making time to tackle the problem probably won't be sufficient.

Update us on the background to the debt and we'll see where we go from there

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Many thanks for that I shall get to work on it.

Never had any correspondence at all from MKDLP . First I

knew about this was when I had the court letter
    How is this court claim going Andy?
    Last edited by PlanB; 5th May 2013 at 12:34:PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by willtheywontthey View Post

^^^^ What happened with your account willtheywontthey because MKDP have been issuing loads of county court claims recently, or did you manage to escape their evil clutches