• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Current account charges

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Current account charges

Hi I have a defaulted current account which has about £400 of charges made up of £30 and £28 fees/overlimit etc.
    Can these be reclaimed

My "good friend" OTR (is always telling everyone to get reclaiming) ...in fact it is his stock answer to any debt but would it be possible?
    Tags: None

Re: Current account charges

Originally posted by jon1965 View Post
    Hi I have a defaulted current account which has about £400 of charges made up of £30 and £28 fees/overlimit etc.
    Can these be reclaimed

My "good friend" OTR (is always telling everyone to get reclaiming) ...in fact it is his stock answer to any debt but would it be possible?

OTR is suggesting using BCOB's which will do diddly squat since overdrafts are not covered by the COB's he so loves to state.
    Was this account your main account? Did you approach them under Section 9 of the lending code which relates to financial hardship?

The basic answer on can they reclaimed is not the question I would ask, could the bank graciously give back some of those fees as a gesture of goodwill owing to your personal circumstances. If the fees are simply historic and are not what some have called snowballing fees, ie that it is fee that triggers another fee that triggers another fee then it may be difficult. OTR's mass email bulletin for last month had a hardship case in which the OP did not use a templated useless set of generalisations but used their own circumstances and the effect the charges had on them. They received charges back but yet other inner sanctum OTR's kept going on about the COB's without having any knowledge of what it takes to do a hardship claim. The OP did the hard work and the OP followed something that I had been saying for a number of years. Use your OWN personal circumstances and do not use a template generalisation. Hope that makes sense
    "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
    (quote from David Ogden Stiers)

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X