• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Excel Civil Enforcement - thugs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Excel Civil Enforcement - thugs

Originally posted by bluebottle View Post
    Excel are one of the contractors to HMCTS for the enforcement of unpaid court fines. I am wondering whether HMCTS Enforcement Operations should see this thread. IMHO I do not feel they will be too impressed when they see how their contractor's employees behave. All contracts with HMCTS are due for renegotation this May.
    I'll make contact with HMCTS and IMHO...ive googled what they are yet but I will!

You guys are fab on here...I was really angry and p'd off, knowing i was right really helps allay my anxiety.:clap2:

Comment

Originally posted by Rob0000 View Post
      I'll make contact with HMCTS and IMHO...ive googled what they are yet but I will!

You guys are fab on here...I was really angry and p'd off, knowing i was right really helps allay my anxiety.:clap2:
      HMCTS won't be able to deal with your case due to it being for CT. However, the LGO can deal with any matters relating to the behaviour of bailiffs enforcing CT arrears once you have exhausted the council's complaints procedures.

However, I am wondering what any LB Bailiff Working Group members who may be reading this thread think about HMCTS having it drawn to their attention, seeing as Excel is a contractor to HMCTS.
      Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

I think those working group members should give it some consideration, Excel are obviously out of control.

Comment

Originally posted by bizzybob View Post
          Best thing is if HMCS sack the lot of them and take enforcement back in house.
          :flypig::flypig::flypig::flypig::flypig::flypig::f lypig::flypig::flypig::flypig::flypig::flypig::fly pig::flypig::flypig::flypig::flypig::flypig::flypi g::flypig::flypig::flypig::flypig::flypig:

Comment

Originally posted by CleverClogs View Post
            :flypig::flypig::flypig::flypig::flypig::flypig::f lypig::flypig::flypig::flypig::flypig::flypig::fly pig::flypig::flypig::flypig::flypig::flypig::flypi g::flypig::flypig::flypig::flypig::flypig:
            The sound of those flying pigs are keeping me awake CC, oink oink oink flap flap flap oink flap oink fffffaaaaarrrrt. :rofl:

Comment

Rob have read your post and it really is dreadful. You have said that you have complained to the OFT and MP's etc but have you complained to the council that employed them? Also you should get details of the amount of the Liability Order and any fees that you have been charged.

Comment

Originally posted by Milo View Post
                Rob have read your post and it really is dreadful. You have said that you have complained to the OFT and MP's etc but have you complained to the council that employed them? Also you should get details of the amount of the Liability Order and any fees that you have been charged.
                Yes iv've contacted the council and have received an acknowledged of my compliant...its been passed to the right people to deal with - within 20 days.

I'm going to complain to HMCTS, even if there is nothing they can I hope it can inform their future planning.

thanks for your help..

Comment

Was any damage done to the doors or garden equipment they kicked?

On what sort of card was the payment made - and, as it was obtained by deception or under duress, can you get it charged back?

Comment

Was any damage done to the doors or garden equipment they kicked?

On what sort of card was the payment made - and, as it was obtained by deception or under duress, can you get it charged back?
                    Hi, it was paid on a credit card, I have since found out they charge £3 for credit card payments and £1 for debit card payments (but no news on their other fees). As such, there is no explanation why I was charged £1 for a credit card payment.

There was no damage done, but I do have photos of boot marks on the door frame and glass. In addition, just to demonstrate my integrity, the trim on the bottom of the door that keeps the rain out that would drip down the door was snapped a couple of weeks ago. No one knows except my household so it would be very easy to claim they broke it. I will not make that dishonest claim though.

Comment

... and then see someone stood behind me and now the first one is in front of me. [...] They start kicking the lower glass panel of my main font door, number one keeps kicking and banging the door, number two kicks things around my garden, kicks things along my drive and starts banging on windows then starts banging on my other front door... [...] I tell him I fear they enter my home if I unlock the door ... [...] I fear im about to be assaulted ...
                      If you have a local beat officer, it would be a good idea to speak to him and ensure that the matter is recorded. That way, the police are 'aware' and reference can be made to it later if necessary.

Comment

The OFT and one Assembly member replied to me today. The OFT said once i find out the names of the thugs they will tell me which court gave them their certificate to operate, and i can then complain to the correct court.

The AM was even less help, just said there is nothing she, Joyce Watson, can do.

Comment

Publish her letter.

What do the Plaid Cymru boyos have to say about it?

Comment

The OFT and one Assembly member replied to me today. The OFT said once i find out the names of the thugs they will tell me which court gave them their certificate to operate, and i can then complain to the correct court.

The AM was even less help, just said there is nothing she, Joyce Watson, can do.
                            Score one point to OFT, Nil points to Welsh Government, the AM can investigate Excel if she wished and ask questions, obviously she is one of those who think the sun shines from these Enforcement thugs anuses.

Send in a Formal complaint to all the council bigwigs, copy to MP and the recalcitrant Ms Watson, to illustrate to her Bae Caerdydd centric pea like medulla, where these penypidyn have broken the law.

Comment

HI everyone, just woke from my slumber - been on night shifts in a job that i need enhanced CRB and ISA clearance for (unlike some )

Anyway, I have received a letter from Excel regarding the email I sent on the day. They tell me the names of the thugs are Mr Pilgrim and Mr Howell, but no information about where they receive their authority. They also given us a breakdown of all charges and fees, but not a list of their charges so can know in advance what their fees are. They do tell me to submit a complaint in writing should i wish to do so - of course i will..

First Visit: £22.50
                              Redemption Fee: £22.50
                              WP Charge: 11.00
                              Levvy Charge: £55.00 (the first time they came to the house, the second time was the other day.)
                              five miscellaneous costs: £1.00 each
                              Van attendance to remove: £120.00 (they came in a van and posted a notice of intention to remove the other day, but no fee for that)
                              another five Miscellaneous costs at £1.00 each

Then it has a list of out payments, in general the misc costs relate to their fees for card use, but then there are some that have no fee - do they make that up as they go along?

There is no possible way we can pay without a fee, if they come to collect cash, we will be charged, if we pay by check we will be charged, if we pay by credit or debit card we will be charged. It is not possible to pay the amount you originally owe?!

I will do the complaints when im off nights next week.

diolch yn fawr!

Comment

Publish her letter.

What do the Plaid Cymru boyos have to say about it?
                                It was an email..

Dear Mr *****,

Thank you for your email to Joyce Watson AM regarding your recent experience of bailiffs. Unfortunately, it seems that there is little that Joyce can do to help you directly. I would however advise you to report any incident where you feel threatened to the police.

There is also further advice about dealing with bailiffs on the Citizens' Advice website:

http://www.adviceguide.org.uk/englan...bailiffs_e.htm

There is also a bill currently before Parliament (the Crime and Courts Bill) that aims to reform the regulation of bailiffs and debt collectors. You might find it helpful to discuss this further with your Member of Parliament.

If you feel that there is anything else that Joyce can do on your behalf please do not hesitate in getting in touch.

Yours sincerely,

Ryan Thomas

Staff Cynorthwyo / Support Staff
                                Swyddfa Joyce Watson AC / Office of Joyce Watson AM

3 Heol Goch / 3 Red Street
                                Caerfyrddin / Carmarthen
                                SA31 1QL

Cynulliad Cenedlaethol Cymru / National Assembly for Wales
                                Bae Caerdydd / Cardiff Bay
                                CF99 1NA

ryan.thomas@wales.gov.uk
                                http://www.joycewatson.org.uk/

Caerfyrddin / Carmarthen: (01267) 233 448
                                Cynulliad / Assembly: (02920) 898614

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X