• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

On benefits and owe council tax

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: On benefits and owe council tax

Originally posted by Magpie View Post
    One form with both numbers written on the top.
    Then the bailiff should not have charged two levy fees. That looks like fraud.

As I really doubt that the goods listed would sell for anywhere near enough to pay the bailiffs fees, the sale costs and significantly reduce the debt, I wonder how valid this levy might be.

Comment

Yes they have only visited today, he told my partner that somebody came a few weeks ago but nobody was in ( didn't post anything through the door)
      Then they are only entitled to one visit fee.

On that alone, he's overcharged by £60.50

Comment

No he listed my car
        tv - did they list make, model, screen size, is it CRT or flatscreen, how old?
        dvd - little value
        playstation 3 - if this is the property of a child then it is exempt
        tv unit - no value
        3 seater and 2 seater leather sofas - if these were to be removed would you have sufficient seats left - including dining chairs - to seat each member of the household? Do they still have their safety labels attached?
        aquarum - what size? I would contend they could not move this due to weight + if it is has live fish they will need to make arrangements for their safe keeping particularly if tropical or marine.
        3 wooden wall masks - no value unless antique
        Not sure from what you say if they levied on your car or not. The rest of the goods are of insufficient value.

Comment

It's Formal Complaint time, to Council CEO, leader, local members, who you should phone right now, and inform them of Bristols & Stupor's naughtiness and potential fraud. and copy to MP

Comment

Originally posted by ploddertom View Post
            Not sure from what you say if they levied on your car or not. The rest of the goods are of insufficient value.
            Yes they did my car it's a 2004 s60 T5 which I am still paying for with a bank loan from Llyods

Comment

No he listed my car

tv - did they list make, model, screen size, is it CRT or flatscreen, how old? AROUND 4 years yes make size and flat screen

dvd - little value. It's broke

playstation 3 - if this is the property of a child then it is exempt. it's a family one

tv unit - no value

3 seater and 2 seater leather sofas - if these were to be removed would you have sufficient seats left - including dining chairs - to seat each member of the household? Do they still have their safety labels attached? No we don't have any other chairs

aquarum - what size? I would contend they could not move this due to weight + if it is has live fish they will need to make arrangements for their safe keeping particularly if tropical or marine. It is a tropical tank around 70/80 litres

3 wooden wall masks - no value unless antique no they where of eBay £10
              Last edited by Magpie; 26th March 2013, 18:20:PM.

Comment

Yes they did my car it's a 2004 s60 T5 which I am still paying for with a bank loan from Llyods
                Quick look around gives me a guide of £2.5k - £3k in value or £500 - £750 at Auction so even coupled with everything it is still not enough. With it being a bank loan it is a seizable asset.

Comment

So would they keep coming back for more?

Comment

No he listed my car
                    tv - did they list make, model, screen size, is it CRT or flatscreen, how old? AROUND 4 years yes make size and flat screen
                    dvd - little value
                    playstation 3 - if this is the property of a child then it is exempt
                    tv unit - no value
                    3 seater and 2 seater leather sofas - if these were to be removed would you have sufficient seats left - including dining chairs - to seat each member of the household? Do they still have their safety labels attached? No we don't have any other chairs
                    aquarum - what size? I would contend they could not move this due to weight + if it is has live fish they will need to make arrangements for their safe keeping particularly if tropical or marine. It is a tropical tank around 10 litres
                    3 wooden wall masks - no value unless antique no they where of eBay £10
                    Hopefully there are at least 4 of you in the household, they have to leave you enough seating for everyone and if there are 4 then both sofas are exempt. Looking at the rest above then including the car I cannot see anything above £1k being raised, I would therefore contend the Bailiff has only made a levy in order to gain a financial advantage for himself and his company. You are going to have to do some letter writing to the Council

Comment

Goods if removed for auction must:
                      a - cover all Bailiff fees & charges
                      b - cover the costs of removal & storage
                      c - cover the costs of the auction
                      d - cover all the Auctioneers fees & charges
                      e - pay a sum to the debt outstanding

The Bailiff has had his chance and cannot keep coming back for more. If allowed in the house then he has not used due diligence to search for distrainable goods - I assume everything listed was in the living room.

Comment

Yes there are 2 adults and 4 children including a 8week old.

Comment

Originally posted by ploddertom View Post
                          Goods if removed for auction must:
                          a - cover all Bailiff fees & charges
                          b - cover the costs of removal & storage
                          c - cover the costs of the auction
                          d - cover all the Auctioneers fees & charges
                          e - pay a sum to the debt outstanding

The Bailiff has had his chance and cannot keep coming back for more. If allowed in the house then he has not used due diligence to search for distrainable goods - I assume everything listed was in the living room.
                          Yes he didn't go anywhere else. I went mad when she let him In and he was on his own.

Comment

Have you also checked to see if he is suitably Certificated on the Bailiff Register?

Comment

Yes he didn't go anywhere else. I went mad when she let him In and he was on his own.
                              What's done is done and imagine she feels awful about it but time to move one. Just so you are aware that if he comes back again - which he will do - you do not have to let him back in regardless of anything he says.

Comment

When asked he said he was certified and said as he was acting on behalf of the council they only send out certified, he has only put his name as Steve and put his contact number on the notice of seizure of goods for us to call him up and make payment

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X