• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Anglian Water - court case

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Anglian Water - court case

Going on from alham's advice, you need to be able to show that AW's claim is vexatious. If there are no grounds for making the claim, that may be sufficient to show the claim is vexatious. AW have to be able to prove they have a right in law to bring proceedings and that they have taken all reasonable and proper steps to resolve the issue before resorting to court action. Judges do not take kindly to claimants who bring vexatious and frivolous claims and the fact that AW has had previous claims against you struck-out/dismissed by the court, make sure you wear a windproof jacket in court as the blasting AW are likely to get from a judge is likely to register 12 on the Beaufort Scale (Wind Speed)*

* Only joking about the Beaufort Scale, but it gives an idea of how p*ssed-off judges can get with claimants who behave in the way AW are in your case.
    Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

hi - request for someone to check my sums again please - any accountants out there? these figures from AW are doing my head-in:Cry:

Comment

What sums? I can check your figures.

Comment

Originally posted by gwenlillian View Post
          hi - request for someone to check my sums again please - any accountants out there? these figures from AW are doing my head-in:Cry:
          Hi - I've done a list of credits and debits from May 2010 forward - can I message you?

Comment

Hi - I've been trying to find out AW charges for foul only as my bill has always been issued with a charge for foul and surface together, latest cost being 158.04p per m3. (I have soak-aways). I have had one refund of around £20 for the period 1st April to Nov 2012 but I asked AW two years ago about this and they refused it. I now want to get my SAR in as I also requested lower tariffs and/or budget schemes at that time re being in financial hardship and got no response and I believe that I my claims were deliberately frustrated by call centre staff for AW. I sent them my DWP letters too so I intend to bring all these into the latest court case.

Comment

Hi - I've done a list of credits and debits from May 2010 forward - can I message you?
              No problems, send them over.

Comment

Foul water does not go into soakaway except if you have acesspit

Comment

Hi -thanks. I mean that foul and surface charge is all in one price on the bills and they dont tell you what the charge is without surface, for people with soakaways who shouldnt be charged for surface water drainage

Comment

what d'ya make of all that - designed to confuse?

Comment

We did not find out that we were paying for our surface water until three years ago.
                      AW would only refund a years worth of charges.
                      Check each bill now just in case they sneek it back on.
                      Never give up, Never surrender.

Comment

Hi -thanks. I mean that foul and surface charge is all in one price on the bills and they dont tell you what the charge is without surface, for people with soakaways who shouldnt be charged for surface water drainage
                        Is this page what you want?

Comment

Originally posted by ostell View Post
                          Is this page what you want?
                          Hi - thanks, I am trying to find out the charges for the preceeding years, 2010, 2011 2012 as that page is new prices only I think.

Comment

Hi - update on this. The Consumer Council for Water have managed to sort most of it out, the debt that they were chasing through several court actions is now not over £900 but £162 which I will pay as soon as I can. I am still seeking a SAR from them re the conversations in the past about the surface drainage costs which will take a while, as I too was only refunded for one accounting period. Will let you know what happens.
                            many thanks for all your support.

Comment

Hi - update on this. The Consumer Council for Water have managed to sort most of it out, the debt that they were chasing through several court actions is now not over £900 but £162 which I will pay as soon as I can. I am still seeking a SAR from them re the conversations in the past about the surface drainage costs which will take a while, as I too was only refunded for one accounting period. Will let you know what happens.
                              many thanks for all your support.
                              It sounds to me that AW need formally investigating. IMHO, if the Consumer Council for Water found the debt was not over £900, but only £162, AW need to answer some questions - and fast - as to how they arrived at a figure of over £900. It sounds very much to me like Unjustifiable Enrichment or Fraud by False Misrepresentation. Either way, AW have some explaining to do. BTW, has AW paid your costs from their previous attempts to obtain CCJs which the court has struck out? If not, deduct these from any alleged debt and anything that is surplus is owed to you.
                              Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

hi - AW typed up a version of what was billed when but I could never get it to match the bills that I have in front of me - in the end AW said that they had two accounts running, one was a court account (?) where they still state that those charges were due. Those charges appeared as credits on my actual account but even then, the sums don't make sense as there were other credit sums b/f which they still refute today, and are being looked at again by CCW. The first court action and judgement saw AW compensate me as per the guidelines but the rest of them they have not as they still believe they were right. After the rubbish with the Appeal hearing etc they still didn't agree but did write off their court account sums. I have settled for this as it was driving me crazy but do still have my eye on the surface costs once I have the transcripts from them. Yes, I wholeheartedly agree that in fact they should have applied compensation for each and every case and judgment, one of which is still winging its way through the process again to be rescinded. In between all this they fitted a new meter and made my account balance zero, and a credit balance simply disappeared. So although I feel it is settled I do know that this has been a total mess and hope that their zealous legal team don't do this to me again.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X