• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Anglian Water - court case

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Anglian Water - court case

I believe they've been drinking their own water - and I don't mean the water from the mains. msl:

Comment

Originally posted by gwenlillian View Post
      Hi - gotta be at the work program in the morning learning how to send emails even though Ive worked in offices for 30 years - huh - if you dont comply they cut your money off - meantime, yes I have emailed this case and my BG case to WD but no replies as yet. I will try to ring the court in Oxford Tues to see if they know what has been decided, rather than wait for the post. Even if they throw it out, I do think I should be making a big fuss. I have also had another notice of legal action in letter from from AW for the latest bill - I have spoken to AW and said that this cannot possibly be accurate with the other matters still outstanding but they say I have an obligation to pay that regardless. I think they are a bit crazy.
      From what you are saying, it sounds like the court needs to send auditors in to AW to investigate their accounts department. Something is going seriously wrong and AW probably know it.
      Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

Originally posted by leclerc View Post
        I have the email addy of one of their journalists
        You alright leclerc? Have you got something in your eye?

Comment

Rang the court today but the QC hasn't had a chance to look at it yet but they did confirm that the letters I sent them, being copies of what I had written to AW, had been added to the file. I made it clear to AW that I considered this latest action of theirs to be an abuse of process and quoted Lord Bingham, Case: Johnson v Gore Wood & Co. Ringing again tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by MissFM View Post
            You alright leclerc? Have you got something in your eye?
            You must be mishtaken.

Comment

Hi - as expected Application for Appeal has been turned down. AW's silly appeal not valid and now, what to do next to stop them doing it all over again, and what about all the stress and costs to me? any ideas please

thanks

Comment

Go public?

Comment

Hi - as expected Application for Appeal has been turned down. AW's silly appeal not valid and now, what to do next to stop them doing it all over again, and what about all the stress and costs to me? any ideas please

thanks
                  You want to know what to do? Don't get angry get even and do what CC has stated take it to the press...
                  "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
                  (quote from David Ogden Stiers)

Comment

Originally posted by leclerc View Post
                    No idea which one but if the need arises then I will email them or someone else I have in the email address book from a different newspaper
                    Hi - I have emailed P.Simpson today, requesting proof of delivery and read receipt, but I have received neither in response.

I have given 48 hours to contact me otherwise I will have to find press media release.

Comment

AW have issued a new claim against me - just received notice in the post!
                      Now claiming £162 plus costs - hmmm - so what happened to the claim sums of over £600 that they put in front of the court last time, since I haven't given them a penny yet? - and why haven't they issued a new revised bill to me and gone straight to court yet again? - these people are crazy

Comment

AW have issued a new claim against me - just received notice in the post!
                        Now claiming £162 plus costs - hmmm - so what happened to the claim sums of over £600 that they put in front of the court last time, since I haven't given them a penny yet? - and why haven't they issued a new revised bill to me and gone straight to court yet again? - these people are crazy
                        Speak to your local Law Centre or the Community Legal Service. AW's actions may amount to harassment, in which case, there may be grounds for legally-restraining them. A reminder of just what can happen to companies when they behave in this way can be found in Ferguson -v- British Gas Trading [2009]. That cost BG dearly.

Comment

Lodge your defence with a counterclaim for a strike out and a claim stress, blah, blah and a court order preventing any future claims against you without an EXPLICIT permission of the court. Basis for this order will be continual and persistent abuse of the court process by the Claimnat (AW)

Comment

Originally posted by alham View Post
                            Lodge your defence with a counterclaim for a strike out and a claim stress, blah, blah and a court order preventing any future claims against you without an EXPLICIT permission of the court. Basis for this order will be continual and persistent abuse of the court process by the Claimnat (AW)
                            Hi - when I lodge the defence I do the counter claim as a Part 20? I want to claim costs and include your recommendations re further abuse etc - thanks
                            PS Maybe its time I posted up the bills but then again I need to use these in court so too soon? I have passed this all to the Consumer Council for Water also
                            Last edited by gwenlillian; 20th March 2013, 14:42:PM. Reason: extra info

Comment

What you are describing, in a nutshell, alham, is Vexatious Litigant. Normally, the Attorney-General is the one who places individuals and commercial concerns on the Vexatious Litigants' List. However, if the court is prepared to make an order legally-restraining AW from making further vexatious and frivolous claims against you, unless the case papers are placed before the court for scrutiny and proceedings may not proceed without the permission of the court, all well and good.

Comment

Thank you bluebottle, exactly what I was trying to say. With regards to your application, gwen, just fill in the acknowledgement form, ticking that you would be defending and counterclaiming. Then in your defence document list all the previous cases with their decisions, the refused appeal etc... and that the present claim is in the same vain. Ask for costs and damages to be assessed and request a court order as per bluebottle's answer above.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X