• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Anglian Water - court case

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Anglian Water - court case

Wow! Interesting thread! Well out of order they are - I keep telling people that water companies are liars and crooks but they doubt it - so is it just some? Or is it most? So far we have Anglian (as above), Severn Trent (unlawful deductions from benefit), South Staffs (threatened to make court claim for advance charges) and some anonymous ones mentioned on another forum. So, between three and five of them are rascals, at least. I do take exception to them so I'd best not get started.

Anyway, well done gwenlillian for sticking at it and getting the right result in the end. I do also like the idea (and a very reasonable and apt one) of attempting to get them on the vexatious litigants list. I'd definitely have a go at that!

Comment

Originally posted by samsmoot View Post
      Wow! Interesting thread! Well out of order they are - I keep telling people that water companies are liars and crooks but they doubt it - so is it just some? Or is it most? So far we have Anglian (as above), Severn Trent (unlawful deductions from benefit), South Staffs (threatened to make court claim for advance charges) and some anonymous ones mentioned on another forum. So, between three and five of them are rascals, at least. I do take exception to them so I'd best not get started.

Anyway, well done gwenlillian for sticking at it and getting the right result in the end. I do also like the idea (and a very reasonable and apt one) of attempting to get them on the vexatious litigants list. I'd definitely have a go at that!
      Southern Water are shockers as well.
      Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

You have to wonder at times if its the people in the companies getting their jollies out of treating people so badly then when things get elevated to collectors and legal actions higher management fail to see whats happening and let it continue

Comment

hi - back to this - still paying AW and have now received a payment booklet but it has alerted me to the fact that the account is in joint names - that is my former partner and I. I had this problem with BT in the past and they had to split the account and pursue half only under some rule or other. Does anyone know anything about this please? thanks

Comment

Hi gwenlillian,

AFAIK, with contract law, unless there is a term stating 'jointly & severally', the person responsible is the one named on the bill, unless there is some other express authorisation contrary to this.
            CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
            Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
            gets his brain a-going.
            Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
            The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Hi - quick update. Now paying AW £28 per month, covering use and arrears, so that kinda proves that none of their figures were correct - didn't get any compensation for the four court cases they raised against me, just the first one, they say I have to write to a different department on that. Still threaten me with court whenever I pay a bit late and only refunded one quarter backwards for surface water costs that never applied for nearly 20 years! makes me wonder how banks can have to repay false charges and utilities not.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X