• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.
  • If you need direct help with your employment issue you can contact us at admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com for further assistance. This will give you access to “off-forum” support on a one-to- one basis from an experienced employment law expert for which we would welcome that you make a donation to help towards their time spent assisting on your matter. You can do this by clicking on the donate button in the box below.

someone please help me

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• someone please help me

hi, its a bit complicated so ill cut to the chase, my wife had a sexual discrimination greivance with work (family company, her dad, uncle and family friend are owners/directors/shareholders) she rung Acas who said they couldnt believe what work were doing and THEY were in the wrong so she filed a greivance.
    Work contacted RBS Mentor and they came and took statements and my wife has just a received letter from RBS Mentor saying they disagree with my wifes grievance and basically are siding with work as RBS Mentor believe work have done nothing wrong as they seem to be sticking together and lying through thier arses.
    We have now rung acas who went through the roof saying they cant believe RBS Mentor have said that, as work are definateley in the wrong.
    Who do i believe RBS Mentor or ACAS as acas say i have a case for taking it to tribunal

my wife went on maternity and work decided to pay her full maternity pay (she got smp and work made up her wages on top of smp to her full pay for 9 months, which equates them paying her £12000) this was thier idea not my wifes. but now the other children of the owners (all male) now want the £12000 but surely thats classed as maternity pay which males do not get???
    Last edited by wig77; 6th March 2013, 19:41:PM.
    Tags: None

Re: someone please help me

You've posted this before somewhere? I recognise the story.

ACAS have no authority to give legal advice; no authority to tell someone whether they have a case or not; and no authority to go through the roof. It is not their business to side with anyone. If you have spoken to one of their professional mediators then this person is acting entirely unprofessionally and should be reported for exceeding their jurisdiction. If you spoke to one of their untrained phone centre operatives, then they have exceeded their jurisdiction, incorrectly advised you, and would be better employed at, British Gas.

If the employer wishes to pay their employees £12000 then that is entirely up to them. Of course it isn't "maternity pay",.but if the employer wants to pay a sum to an employee they can do so and it is entirely their business and nobody elses.

Comment

are you legally trained in any way or is this just your opinion?

Comment

Better trained than ACAS it would appear.

Comment

you havent really answered my question

Comment

And you would know for a fact that the answer is true? But you depend on a free internet site for legal advice?

By the way, you didn't answer mine either.

Comment

Originally posted by wig77 View Post
              you havent really answered my question

Can you explain exactly what ACAS said and what they advised you? That might help....
              "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
              (quote from David Ogden Stiers)

Comment

i think you will find if you read all the posts you didnt actually ask me any question or if you did please show me where. I take it your not trained in any way then just have some big opinions.

Comment

i think you will find if you read all the posts you didnt actually ask me any question or if you did please show me where. I take it your not trained in any way then just have some big opinions.
                  Please do not insult someone who is well respected. I suggest you do some research on what they have advised on other employment threads prior to throwing insults. Can you answer the question I have asked as well?
                  "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
                  (quote from David Ogden Stiers)

Comment

Wig77
                    The people on here are trying to help if you want legal advice you go to a solicitor and pay would you then reply to them in the same way you are responding to people on here?

Comment

Sorry Eloise01 just frustrated with work.
                      Acas said that mentor should never have sided with work and that work cannot pay the others the 12000 because once its been paid to my wife as maternity pay a line is then drawn and they cant go back and ask for it to be given to them, they then asked if she wanted to take it furthur and someone from acas is ringing back in 2 or 3 days to discuss it furthur

Comment

First sentence, post 2 ,and for clarity it was followed by a question mark.

And you would take it wrong. I am much better qualified than ACAS. But I have advised you on this problem before, so cut straight to the bit where you insult people whose advice you don't like, as it saves time.

Comment

Sorry Eloise01 just frustrated with work.
                          Acas said that mentor should never have sided with work and that work cannot pay the others the 12000 because once its been paid to my wife as maternity pay a line is then drawn and they cant go back and ask for it to be given to them, they then asked if she wanted to take it furthur and someone from acas is ringing back in 2 or 3 days to discuss it furthur
                          ACAS are wrong. I have told yu this before. This has been dragging on now for what, months? And the rest of it.

Of course the men cannot be paid maternity pay. And they won't be. But if the employers want to pay a gift, a performance bonus, or something else, they can pay it and call it what they like.

The issues here are not simply, or at some times, employment related. This is a family business which you know is dogged by infighting,.and this is a recurrent theme. It isn't going to get better with a tribunal, it is going to get worse. I recall all the details and it sounds like a nightmare. But there is only one answer - get out. That is what you were told before and it still holds true. But remember that there is a price to pay for working elsewhere. No small business is paying nine months paid maternity leave, or other perks to employees. So you take a choice, the comfort of the employment with the usual and ongoing family jealousies and arguments, or you ditch the personal stuff and take pot luck on the employment.

Comment

Originally posted by Eloise01 View Post
                            Of course the men cannot be paid maternity pay. And they won't be.
                            Do you condone such blatant discrimination?

Comment

Cloggy behave yourself

IMHO if they made up your wifes wages during her maternity leave and the other children are now acting as , well spoilt children then it has nothing to do with discrimination . It seems that the family paid your wife while she was off and now the others are saying, well she got paid 12K for doing nothing...we want the same. To me it seems bloody crazy but if the directors want to pay it, it's up to them. Maybe you should ask the men if they fancy pushing a baby out their ****. There again.......

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                              See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                              X