• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Yes car credit/Direct auto finance

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yes car credit/Direct auto finance

Hi all

Please can someone help me with my ppi claim with these people ?

I have all my details and have sent a complaint form in but i am getting absolutley nowhere !!!

I was told i had to have ppi to have the loan like may others and want to claim it all back.

As it was before they were regulated by fos im a bit stuck
    Tags: None

Re: Yes car credit/Direct auto finance

Originally posted by dianejc View Post
    Hi all

Please can someone help me with my ppi claim with these people ?

I have all my details and have sent a complaint form in but i am getting absolutley nowhere !!!

I was told i had to have ppi to have the loan like may others and want to claim it all back.

As it was before they were regulated by fos im a bit stuck
    Hi Diane

I see you said you have already sent in a complaint form, how long ago was that?
    They have 8 full weeks to provide you with a decision, they do however usually acknowledgement your complaint within a week or 2, so have you received any correspondence from them at all?
    If so when was the last you heard from them?

Cheers ;-)

As they are FSA regulated when you taken out the policy, if you received a rejection and final decision, you are in your right to complain ot the FOS now, if they have not provided you with a final decision but a rejection you can write back with further information. x

Comment

Originally posted by di30 View Post
      Hi Diane

I see you said you have already sent in a complaint form, how long ago was that?
      They have 8 full weeks to provide you with a decision, they do however usually acknowledgement your complaint within a week or 2, so have you received any correspondence from them at all?
      If so when was the last you heard from them?

Cheers ;-)

As they are FSA regulated when you taken out the policy, if you received a rejection and final decision, you are in your right to complain ot the FOS now, if they have not provided you with a final decision but a rejection you can write back with further information. x
      I recieved a reply back in December rejecting my claim and that it was their final decision.
      As is was 2003 the FOS are not very keen on helping out.
      I also made an overpayment of £250 on my account with them, according to their own records and they have not even responded to this part of my complaint x

Comment

The PPI was also called an " optional non cancellable insurance policy" in the contract and i have been told that there is no such thing as a non cancellable insurance policy. Im not sure how true that is ?? lol x

Comment

Hiya, first of all I would just like to mention if the business were non-regulated (sorry for misreading that part earlier), but if you can find out who the insurer/underwriter were you can instead pursue them. They will have been regulated and it's an avenue suggested by the FOS if all else fails.
          Now with this, you are not actually holding the insurer responsible for the sale, but as they do have liabilities of the insurance and responsibilities to ensure that the policy was suited to the customers requirements before allowing the broker/lender go ahead to sell it to you.
          I have succeeded in going this direction and went this way because of the business I orginally made a complaint to were not FSA regulated and it was a policy taken out in the 90's.

I have read a few issues in regards of businesses stating about non cancellation, and to my knowledge I believe you are right with what you said and they are wrong, maybe it just differs from one business to the next.

Would you like to try the insurer/underwriter avenue instead?
          If so let me know and I shall message you later with a copy of my letter, you can use to help with your's, but just tweak it to your requirements. ;-)

The wording of a complaint to the insurer must be carefully worded, so that you are not literally holding the full blame on them, but making it clear of what their responsibilities are, where then can then consider refunding you. x

Comment

The insurer was Advent according to the info they sent me in my SAR x

Comment

Would you like me to inbox you with my letter I used to help you? x

Comment

Yes please, if you dont mind.
                I have heard of some success stories with claims from Advent and also some who got nowhere with them.
                I think its pot luck lol x

Comment

Not a problem, give me a min or 2 and I shall inbox you, we will do out best for you ;-) x

Comment

Thanks for that.
                    I am going down the mis-sold route as i was told i needed to take out the PPI to have the loan.
                    Hope i have some luck with that x

Comment

Your welcome
                      the insurer route is another way of trying to get your ppi back to you if all fails with the broker/lender, as there always seems to be issues of they were not regulated. So even though the insurer is not to actually blame, they still have part liabilities and allowed the broker to continue to sell you the policy ;-)
                      So the wording on complaining to the insurer will be different to that of when you complain to the broker/lender x

Comment

Hi,i to am trying to get ppi back from yes car, i thought that advent was the administrator and a company call NIG were the finace company.i bought a car in october 2002 and fos have said that i yes car/direct auto weren,t under their regulations then,sent a letter to direct auto financial over 8 weeks ago and haven,t even had a reply,was a bit of a shot in the dark,just ask for my money back.have now sent 2 nd letter recorded

Comment

I am also in the same position and was going to take them to court. Is it worth trying to pursue NIG for this first? If so could you also let me have a copy of your letter, if you don't mind? Did you succeed in going this route?

Comment

Originally posted by di30 View Post
                            Would you like me to inbox you with my letter I used to help you? x

Could you also inbox me too please if your still have it. Thanks

Martyn

Comment

Could I please have help with this as having the same problem now thank you. Stressing me out

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X