• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Hi everyone, EMERGENCY! I'm new to forum, desperately need help with a DCA! WON!!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hi everyone, EMERGENCY! I'm new to this forum and desperately need help with a DC

Hi Celestine, I got my dates wrong. My friends were actually there from the end of August, I gave my written 4 weeks notice at the end of July.

The original SD was delivered first class to our guarantor, nobody tried to call first.

Comment

Re: Hi everyone, EMERGENCY! I'm new to this forum and desperately need help with a DC

Thank you Nikolai, I'm trying to get things sorted as fast as possible.

Comment

I've looked on the Association of Residential Lettings Agents. Neither Beckhall or Inspire are registered. Is that a legal requirement?

Also, does this company history for Karl Nolan look dodgy to anyone else?

https://www.duedil.com/director/906470931/karl-nolan

Comment

Very dodgy. I would let Trading Standards and HMRC know about Mr Karl Nolan's activities.
          Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

How about the ICO, over his absence from the Data Protection Register and PPL - link - over the pop music played to people "on hold" when they've dialled 0843 289 2590 ?

Comment

That's another thing I can go after him for. Thank you CleverClogs!

Comment

Trading Standards, done.

Comment

Have you reported Karl Nolan? If so, both myself and the world thank you

Comment

Is anyone else having trouble with the OFT license register search? I've tried a few searches and they all just get stuck with the blue loading bit with the dots after it... ?

Comment

Originally posted by debtdispute View Post
                      Have you reported Karl Nolan?
                      No - just NG Collections today.

I'll report Nolan, Inspire Living and Inspire Homes Limited on Wednesday or Thursday, as it would appear (link) that he/they are offering to arrange loans or otherwise to act as a credit intermediary despite not seeming to be licensed.

Comment

Originally posted by debtdispute View Post
                        Is anyone else having trouble with the OFT license register search? I've tried a few searches and they all just get stuck with the blue loading bit with the dots after it... ?
                        Use Firefox browser - I do.

The search page will not work with Chrome.

To print to a PDF, I use Ten PDF Creator and print to that as if I'd selected a printer.

Comment

Ahh thanks CelverClogs, I'll have a look for all the companies he has anything to do with on there now. He registered Tradinc Ltd last year and its already in trouble. I'll check everything thoroughly and post anything I find.

Comment

Hello all. I am also new to this forum....and am the aforementioned friend who moved in to this property after debidispute. My own experience with first Inspire Living, then Beckhall and this landlord who has a taste for anonymity, is slighty different but no less eye opening.
                            My issue is with my un-paid reimbursement of my deposit. We vacated the property in June/July of last year with rent paid in full. Inspire living visited the property to assess its condition and found it to be clean, tidy and in a similar condition to when we moved in. Inspire living then wrote out a cheque payable to myself for the full amount. I was not aware of this cheque until months later when we finally enquired after the now extremely late reimbursement. I called their office and left messages, sent them emails which were left without reply and visited them on a number of occasions asking after the money. It is in that final meeting that I saw this cheque. I asked why it had not been signed and why it needed to be signed in the first place. I was spun some expertly worded BS about the landlord (who we now know to be Nolan) having an arrangement whereby he can delay the signing. Our 'cheque' was in a stack that must have contained 20 or more other unsigned cheques by the way. Anyway, i threatened small claims and then, when no contact was forthcoming made our claim. Notice was served on 17th January and a reply came back with a defense along the line of "...depost used to repair/replace... items/materials".
                            We have responded asking for invoices detailing the materials/items purchased along with proof they were used at the address and reasons why if this is the reason that we have not recieved our deposit then 1) Why were we never informed, 2) Why Inspire Living, who would have been responsible for assessing and organising these replacements/repairs did not know why the landlord was witholding and 3) Why there was no communication whatsoever from this person over an 8 month period until a claim was made and he was forced to respond.

I would point out that this is a severley abridged version of events. The real story would take far too long to go into. Suffice to say my partner and I have never been through so much emotional turmol over such a small matter. I will keep the thread and/or anyone else who is interested posted on how we get on. We await without holding our breath for the next round of responsibility dodging from this extremely wriggly individual.

Comment

I've checked everything I can about all of the companies he has anything to do with in regards to a CCL. Nothing there. Even if he has a license with some hidden company somewhere else (highly unlikely),
                              it would not apply to NG Collections or any of his other businesses because any company collecting debt has to be named on a CCL.

None of the companies he is involved with are connected so he can't even claim that it is an umberella company license.

Comment

And then there is the way that Inspire Living offers to introduce people to financial brokers - link

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X