• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

MBNA - Aktiv Kapital x 2

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: MBNA - Aktiv Kapital x 2

After sendign the letters for the CCA requests for both Aktiv Kapital (MBNA ) Accounts, I ahve today received a letter regardignthe higher of the two.

It reads as follows _

Statement of your account

As required by the Consumer Credit Act 1974, please find the enclosed Statement of your account, which is being provided to you as a result of you falling behind with your payments under this agreement with your original creditor.

It then provides a balance of my account finishing with what they are calling a Closing Balances of the 10th April of £8963.00.

Elsewhere on the letter they have written details of the original creditor, the original agreement number and the original credit agreement date being 19/11/1998.

At the bottom of the letter is a "Gift Voucher" for Aktiv Kapital for the sum of £1344.00 !!! This they explain is especially for me. "This voucher can be used to pay off your account, you just need to pay the remainder of the balance before the 30th April 2013 " !!

There is nothing else enclosed with the letter, no copy of the CCA as requested. I am assuming this is currently heading in the direction we are hoping for ?

Comment

Apologies for the typing above, I am in a bit of a rush and didn't stop to re read what I had written !!

Comment

Originally posted by JammyDodger41 View Post
        After sendign the letters for the CCA requests for both Aktiv Kapital (MBNA ) Accounts, I ahve today received a letter regardignthe higher of the two.

It reads as follows _

As required by the Consumer Credit Act 1974, please find the enclosed Statement of your account, which is being provided to you as a result of you falling behind with your payments under this agreement with your original creditor.

It then provides a balance of my account finishing with what they are calling a Closing Balances of the 10th April of £8963.00.

Elsewhere on the letter they have written details of the original creditor, the original agreement number and the original credit agreement date being 19/11/1998.

At the bottom of the letter is a "Gift Voucher" for Aktiv Kapital for the sum of £1344.00 !!! This they explain is especially for me. "This voucher can be used to pay off your account, you just need to pay the remainder of the balance before the 30th April 2013 " !!

There is nothing else enclosed with the letter, no copy of the CCA as requested. I am assuming this is currently heading in the direction we are hoping for ?

another of their we are doing you a favour tactics ifyou commit a certain anount, course they will i.e. owe £8500, they pay say £800.00 for it then nice little earner for them, only need to look at their discount offers on their site, the longer you take to pay the lot less discount unless you pay in 3 payments.

Comment

I just found it hilarious that they would try and entice you in the form of a Gift Voucher ! I have no intention of accepting their offer !

I have just had a quick look at their website , I was surprised to see the so called offers on there .

Thanks for your reply

Comment

I just found it hilarious that they would try and entice you in the form of a Gift Voucher ! I have no intention of accepting their offer !

I have just had a quick look at their website , I was surprised to see the so called offers on there .

Thanks for your reply
            Your Welcome

Comment

It reads as follows _

msl:msl:msl:I'm sure you're going to take advantage of such generous offer! :lol: :lol: :lol:

It IS indeed! Did they not mention anything at all about the CCA? Like "we are requesting it from MBNA"? MBNA couldn't locate my 90s agreement (a bit earlier than yours) either! :dance: :dance: :dance:

Comment

Nope no mention at all of my request. Their letter is not dated, so I suppose there is a possibility they crossed in the post. The only mention made to the CCA is that they are "sending me a statement as required by the Consumer Credit Act" Thats it !

I have heard nothing from them re the other Account either as yet.

Thanks for taking the time to answer again FP .

Comment

Just a quick update.

Yesterday I received two letters from Aktiv Kapital in relation to the two MBNA Accounts we have been discussing above. The letters were identical and read as follows"-

"We refer to your request for documentation / further information regarding your agreement with MBNA under sections 77 to 79 of the Consumer Credit Act.

Whilst we endeavour to obtain documents within the prescribed timescales, due to the fact that we have to try to obtain documents from the original creditor we may be unable to do so, your account is on hold and has been removed from the collection process whilst we await the requested information ?

Reading between the lines , it sounds unlikely that they will be able to obtain these documents. Would you agree with that ? Many Thanks

Comment

It's going to be a long wait and AK have agreed to stop chasing you for the money in the meantime. So far so good :high5:

Comment

GIFT VOUCHERS EH!!!!

Isnt MBNA the company that used to send letters with flying pigs

Comment

Originally posted by ODC View Post
                        GIFT VOUCHERS EH!!!!

Isnt MBNA the company that used to send letters with flying pigs
                        That was Zurich, a bank that made an appearance around 2001. :flypig::flypig::flypig:

...but didn't last long: http://www.standard.co.uk/news/zuric...d-6358397.html

Comment

Just a quick update.

Yesterday I received two letters from Aktiv Kapital in relation to the two MBNA Accounts we have been discussing above. The letters were identical and read as follows"-

"We refer to your request for documentation / further information regarding your agreement with MBNA under sections 77 to 79 of the Consumer Credit Act.

Whilst we endeavour to obtain documents within the prescribed timescales, due to the fact that we have to try to obtain documents from the original creditor we may be unable to do so, your account is on hold and has been removed from the collection process whilst we await the requested information ?

Reading between the lines , it sounds unlikely that they will be able to obtain these documents. Would you agree with that ? Many Thanks
                          It's a pretty standard DCA response because they buy debts in bulk without any paperwork. When you request documents, they have to go back to the original creditor to obtain them. The DCA has no idea whether this will be possible or not.

As for MBNA, it all depends on the history of the account, they bought lots of credit cards from other banks, in which case they often can't retrieve the agreements, mine was one of them, an old A&L card, got 3 letters stating they couldn't find it, not even an attempt at a recon and I haven't heard from them in years!

Comment

Great Thankyou everyone. My Thanks button wont work today for some reason , so I cant thank you individually !

I will once more sit back and wait . In my heart of hearts I am expecting them to come up with the agreement, but if so I carry on paying as I was. Watch this space eh ?

Comment

Great Thankyou everyone. My Thanks button wont work today for some reason , so I cant thank you individually !

I will once more sit back and wait . In my heart of hearts I am expecting them to come up with the agreement, but if so I carry on paying as I was. Watch this space eh ?
                              It all depends on what they come up with, many creditors will try to fob you off with an application form with no terms, a bad recon or a random set of T&Cs. When you receive something, scan it or take a picture, remove all personal details and post up here. hoto:

Comment

Ok great will do. I did reclaim PPI on one of the cards . They had forged my signature on the form, so it could be interesting what they actually send through if anything x

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X