• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Aktiv Kapital

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Aktiv Kapital

Or something like....

We would point out that we have no knowledge of any such debt being owed to Aktiv Kapital or any company that you may claim to represent.

Although most of the time I would just cut that short at Aktiv Kaptial.

Just write whatever makes most sense to you.

Comment

Originally posted by Kitiara View Post
      Thank you for the replies ... have one slight problem though, on the Prove It letter, it says - but we have no idea who we allegedly owe the debt to as the letter doesn't give a name, any idea's what I can put in place of a company name?
      "Anyone"

Think we should be worried by the fact that they can't even spell Active Capital correctly?
      No.

Those drittsekker were originally Norwegian.

Comment

put in AK as the company.

Comment

Morning all,

I thought 'Aktiv Kapital' had ceased trading? Any ideas anyone?

Best wishes

Dougal

Comment

No they are still around Dougall, I know I am fighting them under their sols chivers easton & brown, steve glassborrow is the legal / complaince officer.

Comment

Originally posted by Dougal16T View Post
              I thought 'Aktiv Kapital' had ceased trading?
              Alas not.

Any ideas anyone?
              Look here - link

Comment

They still show up as live on Companies House: http://wck2.companieshouse.gov.uk//compdetails

...and their accounts don't look too shabby either: http://companycheck.co.uk/company/04267803#accounts-tab

Comment

They're still around. They're still chasing me for an alleged debt that they/Thames Credit confirmed in writing that they have no agreement for, yet continue to add interest to nearly six years later!

Comment

Originally posted by CD36 View Post
                    They're still around. They're still chasing me for an alleged debt that they/Thames Credit confirmed in writing that they have no agreement for, yet continue to add interest to nearly six years later!
                    if they haven't got an agreement, they could never recover it through the courts, so any interest would be academic. If you haven't paid in six years, it will soon be Statute Barred! :dance:

Comment

I know, it's getting close!

Comment

** UPDATE **

Since we sent the "prove it" letter on 1st March, we have not heard anything more from AK, hopefully they have realised that payment was not going to happen and have decided not to pursue it .. fingers crossed!
                        One life - Live it!

Comment

Aktiv Crapital are at the bottom of the DCA food chain, they rang me dozens of times over a £150 debt in 2006/07, then made me an offer to settle for £60, I picked up the phone and gave them my debit card details, they took the payment and months later I got letters saying I had 'dishonoured the agreement' and asking for the balance! :mad2: I just ignored them, that was before I knew better than to ring DCAs.

They'll probably just sell the account to Mucky Hall who specialize in uncollectable debt. :grin:

Comment

^ Mine went to Ruthbridge. They sent me a letter via a relative, and apparently they're going to advise AK to issue a SD against me and make me bankrupt!
                            Last edited by CD36; 5th April 2013, 09:50:AM.

Comment

Originally posted by CD36 View Post
                              ^ Mine went to Ruthbridge. Apparently they're going to advise AK to issue a SD against me and make me bankrupt!
                              What? :scared: :scared: :scared: That is most certainly against OFT debt collection guidance: http://www.oft.gov.uk/about-the-oft/...n#.UV6d4hlXZgc

Comment

I'm sure it is and sending it to a relative probably is too. When I can be bothered I'll dig out the letter from Thames Credit confirming they don't have an agreement. I also need to check exactly when it becomes SB too, but I'm sure it's fairly soon.
                                Last edited by CD36; 5th April 2013, 10:06:AM.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X