• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Who was Aviva regulated by in 2000

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who was Aviva regulated by in 2000

Hi every one - can any one tell me who Aviva were regulated by in 2000.
    Thanks
    gill x
    Tags: None

Re: Who was Aviva regulated by in 2000

Originally posted by gillwall View Post
    Hi every one - can any one tell me who Aviva were regulated by in 2000.
    Thanks
    gill x
    Hi gill,
    Aviva used to be known a Norwich Union ..Norwch Union became Aviva in 2002 and Aviva carried on using Norwich Union as a trading name until June 2009. So I would say it was regulated by the Financial Services Authority, as well as having to comply with the code of conduct of The Association of Insurers.

Sparkie

Comment

Yes I believe they were ;-)

Comment

I took out a policy with General Accident in 98, then it was Norwich Union, was told it had turned into Aviva. It was a mortgage repayment insurance policy that didn't pay out when I lost my job in 2003 so I'm looking to reclaim the £20/month I paid for 5 years.

Comment

Hi thanks

g e money - preciously first national, wont accept responsibily for the ppi mis-sell as they say they was not regulated untill 2005. but i would imagin Aviva, previously Norwich Union were, so im trying to find out who they were regulated by.

Gill x

Comment

Hi Gill, just wrote on my thread as well, but mine were First National, taken over by GE, and the underwriters for these were Genworth, so it is quite possible that actual insurer who rejected your's were not related to them when you taken out the policy, and possibly the same insurers as mine "maybe".

Now originally Santander dealt with my complaint, as they deal with First National/GE complaints, and I had contacted them for the details of the underwriter and they disclosed them to me, so you could contact them as well to make sure. x

Comment

Ok thanks Di, that is really helpfull, do i need to contact their ppi deepartment?
              Thank Gill x

Comment

Originally posted by gillwall View Post
                Ok thanks Di, that is really helpfull, do i need to contact their ppi deepartment?
                Thank Gill x
                Hiya Gill, some details here.....I did write to Santander first to complain.
                http://www.santander.co.uk/csgs/Sate...COM_TemplateA2

I'm sure that is the number we contacted shown at the top, I have put my letters received too safe now, but check the link above.

It may be the case that you will have to do what I did first by writing to complain to Santander about being mis sold insurance from First Nat/GE, and see what they come back with, you can as well ask them to provide to you the details of the insurer/underwriter, as you have the right to these details. ;-) It's quite possible they were the same one's as the ones I had, as shown on the underwriter letter.

No harm in ringing Santander to make sure otherwise, (if you don't want to go as far as starting again by complaining to them (Santander and move straight on to the underwriter if you prefer) that will also be fine x

Comment

Excellent information Di, thank you, I think I wil ring tommorw and see what they say.
                  Thanks
                  Gill x

Comment

The best of luck, any probs, let me know hun, I shall be back and forth xx

Comment

Di - I just wondered did you read my post in underwrttiers success recarding Cardiff pinnacle, the post before Aviva.
                      just wondered if you could shed any light on Cardiffs pinnacles comments.
                      Thanks.
                      Gill x

Comment

I shall have a look now ;-) x

What number is the post please hun? cheers x
                        Last edited by di30; 1st March 2013, 23:45:PM.

Comment

Hi Di, its post 37,
                          Thanks
                          Gill x

Comment

Thanks again.
                            Gill x

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                            Working...
                            X