• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Voluntary termination of a Hire Lease problems

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Voluntary termination of a Hire Lease problems

Hello all. Please go easy on me as I am a newbie here.
    My husband and I leased a car on a 4 year lease in April of 2011. We are now moving back to the USA because of our families health. We called the lease company to see what we can do about opting out of our lease and they said we have to pay 50% of the remainder ( exactly 2 years ) of the lease plus 1250 admin fee totaling almost 4000 pds. This would financially cripple us. We looked back at our terms which granted we should have read better when we signed it and it does stipulate this but we found out something we never knew. When we first were deciding on the car we were not sure about it. We thought that it would be too small and reading car reports it did not have a good record. It is a honda insight hybrid. We talked to the lease company and said we wanted to cancel before we took ownership of the car but they said we had no choice as we would still be charged 50% plus 2000 in admin fees. They further said that if we at least took it for 2 years we could return it for 450pds with no mention of other fees. According to the terms under the Consumer rights act of 2000 we could have returned the car within 7 days of receiving it fee free. They not only failed to mention this but we feel deliberately went out of their way to convince us otherwise. We emailed them stating this stipulating that they deliberately mislead us and told them we would pay 450pds plus excess mileage and that we felt this was fair. They are not budging. Any suggestions please??? Our families future hinges on this!
    Tags: None

Re: Voluntary termination of a Hire Lease problems

can I also say that they emailed me saying they refuse to deal with me as the lease is under my husbands name yet my husband as authorized me to do this for him as I am better at these things and he has no time with work overload. can they do this?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X