• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Help needed with a Vodafone complaint

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help needed with a Vodafone complaint

Good Evening all and thanks for viewing..

I shall keep this relatively simple..

Vodafone supplied me with an ipad and a 3G contract despite the agents call being terminated midway through, I returned said ipad and sim card the day after it arrived and thought nothing more of it.

Vodafone then took £30 from my account for the contract stating they had not recieved the ipad, i took proof of postage to a vodafone shop, verbal communication from one of their customer services operators that the ipad had been returned, they said they would cancel the contract and i took their word for it. (this was december and within the 7 day cooling off period anyway)

They continued to take £30 a month from my account until i had to once again take the proof of postage to a vodafone shop (now 22nd February 2013), after spending several hours on the phone over the past 3 months. Vodafone now have written an apology, after i wrote to the directors office. Now offering to refund the money taken for the sim as a resolution. They however want to take another £30 (March 2013) from my account then refund it as apparently it is too late to alter the bill. After being messed around for over 3 months, having £120 taken from my account for services i did not recieve, money spent on calls, petrol taking proof of postage twice to a vodafone shop they think it is sufficient to merely refund the money they have already taken, and the £30 they will take after issuing the apology.

My questions are, are they legally obliged to compensate me for their mistake?

Can i withhold my coming bill because that £30 charge is not valid? (It is a second sim added to an ongoing mobile phone account so half the bill is valid and i can't pay one without paying the other)

If they refuse to compensate me in any way is it something i can pursue through the communications ombudsman, can i take a reufusal in an email to pay any compensation as a letter of deadlock?

Legally do i have any leg to stand on to ask for more than the £120 they have/will have taken or would any request be reliant on supposed goodwill of vodafone?

Legally can any of the above be used to cancel the entire contract, i really have no wish to continue using any of their services? Of course i understand my hands may be tied here

Thanks for your time, and hopefully your help

regards

Nick
    Tags: None

Re: Help needed with a Vodafone complaint

Sorry this is in the wrong place, i don't want to post again in telecommunications if one of the moderators could move it for me? apologies from a first time poster

Comment

Hi Nick,

Thanks for making me aware of your concerns.

To enable me to get them looked into further could you email me with your details via the Contact us form here and quote the code WRT135 - Fao Lee in the subject line?

Once sent you'll receive an automated reply with a reference number. To ensure that it reaches me could you update the thread with this and I'll get back to you as soon as I can?

Kind regards,

Lee

Web Relations Team

Vodafone UK
      I am an official company representative of Vodafone UK.

LegalBeagles has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help resolve issues.

This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by LegalBEAGLES.

Comment

Originally posted by Lee Vodafone Company Rep View Post
        Hi Nick,

Thanks for making me aware of your concerns.

To enable me to get them looked into further could you email me with your details via the Contact us form here and quote the code WRT135 - Fao Lee in the subject line?

Once sent you'll receive an automated reply with a reference number. To ensure that it reaches me could you update the thread with this and I'll get back to you as soon as I can?

Kind regards,

Lee

Web Relations Team

Vodafone UK

Your back again.....looks like this could be fun again mwahahaha!!!

This is about distance selling regulations so there SHOULD have been a 14 day cooling off period so Lee. He should contact you so that you can ensure that a refund is given to the OP. If however the situation is not resolved then the OP ie nickos99 can post on here and I will give him your chief executives office and we will ask for compensation for time and inconvenience as well. Just so you are clear Lee
        "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
        (quote from David Ogden Stiers)

Comment

this is governed by distance selling, and therefore is subject to a no quibble refund.
          You are by law allowed a 14 day cooling off period, as Vodaphone know fine well, have you used the product at all?

I must admit that if the bill has been produced, there is precious little an advisor can do to stop it being issued, but i suggest you ring your bank and cancel the DD from your end.

Comment

Originally posted by leclerc View Post

This is about distance selling regulations so there SHOULD have been a 14 day cooling off period so Lee. He should contact you so that you can ensure that a refund is given to the OP. If however the situation is not resolved then the OP ie nickos99 can post on here and I will give him your chief executives office and we will ask for compensation for time and inconvenience as well. Just so you are clear Lee
            Sorry Leclerc, crossed posts, didnt see yours.

Comment

Hi leclerc,

Whether they get in touch with me or not hopefully the OP will return to the thread soon to confirm that all is resolved for them.

Kind regards,

Lee

Web Relations Team

Vodafone UK

LegalBeagles has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help resolve issues.

This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by LegalBEAGLES.

Comment

Hi leclerc,

Whether they get in touch with me or not hopefully the OP will return to the thread soon to confirm that all is resolved for them.

Kind regards,

Lee

Web Relations Team

Vodafone UK

Would you like to confirm that based solely on the details above, ie ordered the mobile over the phone rather than in the shop, is about the distance selling regulations and should be on a 14 day cooling down period.
                "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
                (quote from David Ogden Stiers)

Comment

To the OP.

It is vital that you check with Vodafone what their internal complaint procedures are, and follow them, insisting on each next stage being manifested. If your complaint is not settled soon and you have to take your complaint elsewhere you MUST have fully exhausted Vodafone's complaints procedure, as this is a prerequisite of the regulator looking at your complaint, should you have to go down that road.

As far as compensation goes.... I very recently settled a complaint with Sky who admitted a year long catalogue of customer service failures. They weren't taking extra money from my account, but rather just failed to keep their promises to call me back and resolve my broadband outage problem.

Most companies will tell you that they do not compensate for time and costs incurred to you by their failures, but that's just not true.

Sky offered me £200 which I refused and asked them for £490. They paid up immediately and even transferred the cash direct to my bank account.

Don't cash your complaint in short.

Comment

Would you like to confirm that based solely on the details above, ie ordered the mobile over the phone rather than in the shop, is about the distance selling regulations and should be on a 14 day cooling down period.
                    Hi leclerc,

DSR does apply here but for some reason the OP's return wasn't handled in accordance with our usual processes.

For clarification our cooling off period is seven working days.

Thanks,

Lee

Web Relations Team

Vodafone UK

Comment

DSR does apply here but for some reason the OP's return wasn't handled in accordance with our usual processes.
                      What I and other contributors to this forum want to know, is how Vodafone will repay the monies inappropriately taken and how nickos99 will be compensated for all the trouble caused by Vodafone's lamentable customer service.

Comment

Hi CleverClogs,

I can appreciate that there's an interest in the outcome to this matter.

However, I'm afraid we wouldn't be unable to disclose any specific details.

Naturally I'd be happy to see the OP return to the thread to confirm what resolution has been reached.

Thanks,

Lee

Web Relations Team

Vodafone UK

Comment

However, I'm afraid we wouldn't be unable to disclose any specific details.
                          Gosh.

Fancy that.

I suppose that Vodafone chooses to pretend that they might contravene the Data Protection Act if they allowed a posting to appear from their spokesdroid that explained that Vodafone has still not resolved the matter to the customer's complete satisfaction but that the customer has decided to settle for what he can get?

The question is, Lee, are you a man or a mouth?

Comment

Originally posted by CleverClogs View Post
                            Gosh.

Fancy that.

The question is, Lee, are you a man or a mouth?
                            UK equivalent to fifth ammendment?:behindsofa:

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                            Working...
                            X