• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Welcome Finance Issues

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Welcome Finance Issues

Hi,

Just trying to 'nudge' other posters who have a wee bit more experience in these matters.
    CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
    Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
    gets his brain a-going.
    Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
    The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

It soundsa lot like Welcome have lost the paperwork . this happened frequently both from accidental misfiling and because there was a fire at he data centre a few years ago and thousands of records that were due for scanning were destroyed . It may be possible that he records are still in the original branch where the loan was taken out. If this branch is still open talk to the staff their they are often better trained in the use of the data systems than head office staff . Your account will have been sold . What has happened is that the account is non paying and after a certain amount of chasing the account is defaulted and sold off . It is also written off as a loss so that any money received from the DCA is counted as profit.

Comment

Originally posted by seduraed View Post
        It soundsa lot like Welcome have lost the paperwork . this happened frequently both from accidental misfiling and because there was a fire at he data centre a few years ago and thousands of records that were due for scanning were destroyed . It may be possible that he records are still in the original branch where the loan was taken out. If this branch is still open talk to the staff their they are often better trained in the use of the data systems than head office staff . Your account will have been sold . What has happened is that the account is non paying and after a certain amount of chasing the account is defaulted and sold off . It is also written off as a loss so that any money received from the DCA is counted as profit.
        HI,

Our local branch closed a few years ago so that option is closed, As WELCOME failed to satisfy the SAR and seem reluctant or unable to provide a statement from 05-2013 then what options do i now have.

I am not trying to get out of paying, I just want to be sure that the figure quoted to me is correct as we all know what WELCOME were like for applying charges.

Comment

Right this has been ongoing now for nearly a year, I have spoken Cabot and they have said that they have requested the statements from Welcome 3 times and still not received anything.

I am desperate to resolve this as it is not helping my Bi-polar, also I am needing a new car and don't wont be stuck with one on the driveway that I can't do anything with.

So my question is what is the best way forward to resolve this matter ?

Comment

PLEASE if someone could help me with the best way forward as I have been down the SAR and CCA route and got no joy I would be very grateful

Comment

Bump.
              Never give up, Never surrender.

Comment

Was the loan a personal loan or an HP agreement ? If its personal loan sell the car and put it in dispute . If it's HP then check how much you have paid . sell the car and send the procedes to welcome . Have you formally put the account in dispute?

Comment

Originally posted by seduraed View Post
                  Was the loan a personal loan or an HP agreement ? If its personal loan sell the car and put it in dispute . If it's HP then check how much you have paid . sell the car and send the procedes to welcome . Have you formally put the account in dispute?
                  The car was on HP, when I asked WELCOME how much I owed they sent me a figure which I didn't agree with so I sent a SAR which they failed to satisfy, so I requested a statement of payment made, they sent a statement from 2005-2008 but nothing for after that period, I requested this 3 times and when they couldn't produce the statement I put the account into dispute, the next thing I hear is when CABOT get in touch saying that WELCOME had sold the debt onto them.

I contacted CABOT and explained the situation to them and they said that would request the statement of payments from WELCOME, when i last spoke to CABOT they said that they had requested the information WELCOME but that WELCOME hadn't provided anything.

So i seem to just be left hanging while someone tries to sort this out.

Comment

Sorry to pop up like this. I have a very long running dispute with WFS. It`s a long story but there is no need for any details at this time. I would like some advice please.

I received the most recent peace of drivel from these people and I believe I have reason to raise a complaint with them about some aspects of this letter. I wrote asking them to send me details of their complaints procedure and to log my request as the start of a complaint. They wrote back with the exact same template letter as below.

I believe they are being awkward and extremely vexatious due to the constant mistakes they have continuously made over the time of this dispute.

What I would like to know is how do I get them to accept this complaint with out sending further proof of my identity. Double Standards may be, but this is Welcome. Why should I give in?

As I say, this whole farce is ancient. They are fully aware of who I am and my address. If not why have they sent my Personal and Private Data to this address over the last 4 or 5 years when they where unsure of who I was or who lived at the address? Another quick one is it allowed to use another companies name on Official Welcome Headed paperwork? IE: Mackenzie Hall Collect? [QUOTE=kitkat kay;322500]UPDATE

Received a letter from WELCOME today saying as follows:

Dear sirs (even though it is addressed to Miss Clark)
                    RE: subject access request

Thanks you for your letter received on 21st February requesting a subject access request under the data protection act 1998.

We acknowledge receipt of the £10 statutory processing fee.

Furthermore I am unable to verify your clients identity based on the information that you have provided. As this is the case I will need copies of one of the following:

Passport (photo page)
                    Driving license (both parts)
                    Birth certificate
                    Marriage certificate
                    Firearms certificate

Do not send original documentation as we will not be able to return these to you.

Please provide the required information and on receipt, we will open this case and respond to you within the appropriate regulatory time frame.

Yours faithfully

Customer relations.

Thank you very much for any advice in advance

Comment

All my recent " statements" have Mackenzie Hall collect on them as well!
                      Last I heard from them was August last year.
                      As you rightly say they know full well who you are, smoke and mirrors, and utter incompetance, they lost a load of data not that long ago.

Comment

The CCA `74 says it is illegal to use some other name on a companies paperwork. I was wondering if this applied in this case. How can they put Mackenzie Hall as being present at that address if they are not?

Comment

Not sure, So know that over the last few years the name on the heading has changed.
                          Welcome have passed my alleged debt on to Mackenzie Hall, who, as you may know, are a DCA in Scotland and, or so I understand, specialize in trying to collect, unenforeable, or statute barred accounts. It is they I haven't heard anything from since August.
                          Welcome did send the dodgy statement though!
                          Hope some one else can tell us about the letter headings.
                          Last edited by dogtired; 12th February 2014, 03:11:AM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Hi,

Could someone help me write a letter to CABOT, I seem to be getting nowhere and i have been fighting this for 13 months now.

I dont really know what my options are but I feel I need to press the issue now.

Comment

Bump.

Comment

BUMP

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X