• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Letter before action

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Letter before action

Despite asking both the CRAs, 1st Crud and the IOC to remove the incorrect marker on my credit file regarding an assigned debt, the marker is still there! This marker, some of you may recognise, is the one the DCA - 1st Crud - placed on my file on a date some three years befoe they took ownership of the account. There is still some bubiety as to who did this - 1st Crut itself or the (independent) solicitor acting for it - but I want this marker removed. So, how do I flush out who did it? It states on the CRF that the purported debt is owned by 1st Crud, so one would assume they did it. However, I'm not so sure, given their sol issued me with a default notice on the same account in May last year.

I need to be clear on who did this for I intend to take them to court to get this removed. I'm not really bothered about damages though I'm sure this 'false marker' may be doing damage to my healing credit file! So, given the fact that both the sol and 1st Crud have ignored my requests re admission of placement and removal of the marker, is there the option of dragging them to court and thus sending either - or both - a letter Before Action?

I can't think of any other way to get back at these people so please excuse me if I'm clutching at straws with this issue. I am in Scotland, btw.
    Tags: None

Re: Letter before action

Bump

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Haddock View Post
      Despite asking both the CRAs, 1st Crud and the IOC to remove the incorrect marker on my credit file regarding an assigned debt, the marker is still there! This marker, some of you may recognise, is the one the DCA - 1st Crud - placed on my file on a date some three years befoe they took ownership of the account. There is still some bubiety as to who did this - 1st Crut itself or the (independent) solicitor acting for it - but I want this marker removed. So, how do I flush out who did it? It states on the CRF that the purported debt is owned by 1st Crud, so one would assume they did it. However, I'm not so sure, given their sol issued me with a default notice on the same account in May last year.

I need to be clear on who did this for I intend to take them to court to get this removed. I'm not really bothered about damages though I'm sure this 'false marker' may be doing damage to my healing credit file! So, given the fact that both the sol and 1st Crud have ignored my requests re admission of placement and removal of the marker, is there the option of dragging them to court and thus sending either - or both - a letter Before Action?

I can't think of any other way to get back at these people so please excuse me if I'm clutching at straws with this issue. I am in Scotland, btw.
      If the default was recorded 3 years BEFORE they took ownership of the account, it would have been recorded by the original creditor rather than 1st Crud. The earlier the default is recorded, the sooner it will drop off, why do you think it's wrong for it to have been recorded 3 years earlier, when it can only work in your favour?

Comment

Because the original default was recorded by HBOS in 2005. HBOS assigned the debt to 1st Crud in 2011; someone, either 1st Crud or their solicitor, placed the second default marker in 2008. At least that's how it looks when I view my credit file. There is the remote possibilty that HBOS placed that marker but why would they do that three years after the default?

I have a thread on the default shambles elsewhere on here. This thread is about getting 1st Crud (or whomever) to realise the consequences of filing incorrect data.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X