• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

brit gas threatening to cut me off

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• brit gas threatening to cut me off

brit gas threatening to cut me off we do I know that they are serious I paid £160 not last month but I paid in January the months before I paid
    most months before that I could but I was out of work most of 2011 and 2010 I had 6 months worth of work and 2009 was made redundant I owe a £1100 for gas and £1000 for elec but when I applied for there grant they refused me I also owe Anglian water for about a £1000 any help much appreciated.
    Tags: None

Re: brit gas threatening to cut me off

Hi I am with British gas they were asking ridiculous amounts of money from me a month for electricity that i could not afford and ran up a small debt with them they threatened to cut me off but i had a prepay meter fitted with the debt added onto it. i now use £15 a week electric which includes the £6 agreed repayment and the £1.23 charge for having a prepay meter. It has made my whole family more aware of turning things off! Also if you have any children under 5 they cannot disconnect u but can break in and fit a prepay meter if you are not there.

Comment

I do not want a gas meter as they are not such a good selling point or so i have been told and as I will have to move May - July time as I have neighbours from hell thanks for reply.

Comment

thats ok i know that for me it was my only option either that or pay the debt in full otherwise they were going to fit the meter anyway.. i had two children under 5 at the time.

Comment

BG can apply for warrant at magistrates court and rock up with a locksmith,,owing as much as you do your best bet really is a PAYG meter,,unless you can pay a lump sum off.

Comment

Originally posted by Inca View Post
            BG can apply for warrant at magistrates court and rock up with a locksmith,,owing as much as you do your best bet really is a PAYG meter,,unless you can pay a lump sum off.
            well i will just try to pay as much as I can and avoid the magistrate route

Comment

I have know put my complaint with ofgem as I don't seem to be getting anywhere with British Gas has anyone used ofgem before what help can they give?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X