• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Eviction problems for Bailiff

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Eviction problems for Bailiff

I'M WITH YOU!! I AGREE!!

I can't say it loudly enough - I HATE BAILIFFS!!! I HATE THEM I HATE THEM I HATE THEM!!

One of my earliest memories in this life that I live is of Bailiffs waking us up in the middle of the night to reposess my parent's car; I now know that they broke every rule in the book!! My aim, when I have finished my law degree, is to help protect consumers from such oppressive tactics!!

I just think it is important not to give the impression (as the video does) that simply resisting is enough, without proper legal avenues being taken, to prevent eviction indefinitely...
    None of my posts constitute any kind of legal advice. I do not accept any liability whatsoever resulting from anyone reading and/or acting upon the contents of any of my posts. Always seek the advice of a qualified and insured lawyer.

I have a first-class LLB (Hons) (law) degree and I continue to research the law for my own pleasure. This does not make me an expert in the law. I make mistakes, just as we all do. My posts are made in good faith, but anyone relying upon the accuracy of my posts does so purely and entirely at their own risk. I do not accept any responsibility whatsoever, for any detriment of whatever type or nature, resulting from any person(s) acting upon the contents of my posts.

Comment

The fact that the EX96 was not signed does make a difference and the Scouser who seemed to be doing most of the talking had got that bit right. The Mr Michelin lookalike who was waving the paperwork around but avoided showing it to anyone until Sgt Mo & Co asked to see it, really was pushing it and I wouldn't have blamed anyone for knocking him flat on his fat arse. The look on Paul Higgs face when Sgt Mo told him to get off the fence and leave the property was priceless. Higgs was well p*ssed-off.

Police officers carry pepper spray and should use it more often on bailiffs who cross the line. Tasering them is too risky.
      Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

All of those bailiffs were a disgrace!! It was a classic look when he was told to get off the fence...

Another one of my favourite bits was when the police were talking to the bailiffs and Paul Higgs walked towards the main guy in the garden, telling him not to speak to the police etc... it made it so clear that he was basically just an egotistical bully wanting to assert some authority... and then the female police officer strolls over and tells him that (not surprisingly) the police will deal with it!! Ha! Not the boss now!!
        None of my posts constitute any kind of legal advice. I do not accept any liability whatsoever resulting from anyone reading and/or acting upon the contents of any of my posts. Always seek the advice of a qualified and insured lawyer.

I have a first-class LLB (Hons) (law) degree and I continue to research the law for my own pleasure. This does not make me an expert in the law. I make mistakes, just as we all do. My posts are made in good faith, but anyone relying upon the accuracy of my posts does so purely and entirely at their own risk. I do not accept any responsibility whatsoever, for any detriment of whatever type or nature, resulting from any person(s) acting upon the contents of my posts.

Comment

Originally posted by bluebottle View Post
          The fact that the EX96 was not signed does make a difference and the Scouser who seemed to be doing most of the talking had got that bit right. The Mr Michelin lookalike who was waving the paperwork around but avoided showing it to anyone until Sgt Mo & Co asked to see it, really was pushing it and I wouldn't have blamed anyone for knocking him flat on his fat arse. The look on Paul Higgs face when Sgt Mo told him to get off the fence and leave the property was priceless. Higgs was well p*ssed-off.

Police officers carry pepper spray and should use it more often on bailiffs who cross the line. Tasering them is too risky.
          Tasering them is too risky Due to the size of the trio of enforcement morons, they would have needed two tasers apiece to take them down, with all that lard blocking the current...

Comment

What a couple of morons this pair of a holes must think there mafia hard men just cos you got a bald head dont make you a tough guy and dont put you above the law the perhaps if every biliff calling on a debtor was filmed they might behave like human beings but in this case these muppets came off worse

Comment

Having been 'conned' and scared bandy by bailiffs in the not too distant past (there was more than just lies but that's purely academic here)..all the video did for me was give me a damn good bl**dy laugh at the sheer arrogance of all of the 'Motley Crew' bailiffs.I'm pretty naive about laws etc but I'm pretty sure most folks are sensible enough to know that the only reason Sgt Mo booted their arses was because the paperwork didn't stack up and that all it achieved was to buy some time and make the apes look stupid. They knew they were being filmed (and that film would more than likely go viral) but still behaved in a totally unprofessional manner,,pacing around with a fag hanging out of his gob,threats to knock the Scouser on his ar se etc etc,,then to blatantly 'hop' the fence in front of Sgt Mo...honestly? they were THAT thick??
              I think the video is hilarious.

Comment

Yeah the film is hilarious insomuch as it shows how bailiffs REALLY behave... and it is really quite priceless to see those thugs turned away!!!

The only reason I was concerned to point out that the eviction did go ahead is because I have come across, in real life, people who have thought this was an outright victory... probably my biggest concern was that (not on this board I might add!) this video is being used to promote Freeman on the land rubbish.

I agree, I think people should film ALL visits by bailiffs, debt collectors and the like and always post the film on the internet... they always break the rules and act in an intentionally intimidating manner, in my experience!!

A few years ago during a brief spell when I was living with my parents, I has a Rossendales bailiff come for council tax... who told me that he would take things even though the entire property and everything in it belonged to my folks, he told me that if I didn't pay he would come back and take goods regardless of whether we let him in and, when I had the sheer audacity to inform him that he wouldn't be granted entry and that he couldn't use force, he got really rather aggressive, unsurprisingly!!

Comment

My friend got in strife with the bailiffs (chandlers?),,and the bloke who knocked on her door had to be the biggest chap I have ever seen outside of the boxing ring when me Dad was boxing. Huge great bloke,,coloured,very smartly dressed,very well spoken and the nicest bailff I have dealt with,he didn't try the 'heavy ' threats,he told her the Whys,wherefores etc,,and ,after we had chatted,he got on the phone to the council and told them enforcing the L.O was a complete waste of time cos she had nothing of value and he couldn't levy on what wasn't physically there.
                  Sadly,,our council now uses the neanderthals known as Ross & Roberts..and what a bunch of clowns they are.

Comment

Originally posted by bizzybob View Post
                    Tasering them is too risky Due to the size of the trio of enforcement morons, they would have needed two tasers apiece to take them down, with all that lard blocking the current...
                    A taser would have taken down Higgs quite easily and, probably, the locksmith, too, but where the Mr Michelin lookalike was concerned, it does make one wonder if there would have been a mini earthquake if he had hit the deck or caused subsidence of the house they were trying to seize. He was huge. His attitude and behaviour was unacceptable.

Comment

I suspect some councils use the firms that Inca mention this morning because of the way they act,im sure tey get many complaints about them which they choose to ignore and im just as sure some council officers get excited by the thought of one of the peasants being treated that way.im sure we all have had phone conversations with council employees who dont give a monkeys about your situation and just end up saying if you dont pay will send in the bailiffs i know i have then try to get a face to face with the councils revenue department i did i got refused and when i went to the office i got a young wet behind the ears lad who knew nothing i gave up. see how the system works>

Comment

My council seem to have adopted the attitude that they really can't squeeze pennies out of the poor.
                        One girl has been told to pay £15 a month off a bill for over £1000,and got help filling in the relevant forms for CTB.
                        The employee couldn't have been more helpful,she said that as the debt was only recovery,not the bill for this year,they are willing to work with her.

Comment

Originally posted by Inca View Post
                          My council seem to have adopted the attitude that they really can't squeeze pennies out of the poor.
                          One girl has been told to pay £15 a month off a bill for over £1000,and got help filling in the relevant forms for CTB.
                          The employee couldn't have been more helpful,she said that as the debt was only recovery,not the bill for this year,they are willing to work with her.
                          Ye Gods! A council that allows its employees to use commonsense. That has to be a first. Quite often, it is best to work with someone, rather than go in like a bull in a china shop, which appears to be the tactic of those councils where Capita has embedded itself. The sooner this company is removed from carrying out functions of central and local government, the better.

Comment

Capita should not be anywhere near Council Revenue offices, their ownership of Equita and Ross & Roberts constitutes a complete conflict of interest, where they are the backoffice, and bailiff provider.

this needs investigation, as customer service is down the pan, with Capita after a liability order as a first resort the better to increase the revenue of their wholly owned subsidiary bailiff companies.

Comment

Originally posted by bizzybob View Post
                              Capita should not be anywhere near Council Revenue offices, their ownership of Equita and Ross & Roberts constitutes a complete conflict of interest, where they are the backoffice, and bailiff provider.

this needs investigation, as customer service is down the pan, with Capita after a liability order as a first resort the better to increase the revenue of their wholly owned subsidiary bailiff companies.
                              Exactly why every one of their contracts should be ripped up and stuffed down their throats. And whilst we're busy extracting them from local authorities, we should also extract them from TV Licensing, the Criminal Records Bureau, DVLA, DWP, London Congestion Charge and Civil Service Pensions. They cock-up everything they get involved in. No wonder they have earned themselves the title of "Cock-Up Kings".

Comment

Originally posted by bluebottle View Post
                                Exactly why every one of their contracts should be ripped up and stuffed down their throats. And whilst we're busy extracting them from local authorities, we should also extract them from TV Licensing, the Criminal Records Bureau, DVLA, DWP, London Congestion Charge and Civil Service Pensions. They cock-up everything they get involved in. No wonder they have earned themselves the title of "Cock-Up Kings".
                                The corruption of their name to Crapita is entirely justified, they are a greedy incompetent shocking excuse for a company, who should not be anywhere near public contracts.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X