• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

WON!!! Lowells, Statutory demand issued (Ex Barclaycard and Morgan Stanley)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: WON!!! Lowells, Statutory demand issued (Ex Barclaycard and Morgan Stanley)

Originally posted by roygoodbeat View Post
    Just as an update, now started receiving demand letters from lowells. Usual mail outs saying they would give me a 50% discount.

Is there any milage with suing them for harressment and that they still have the default on my credit file?
    Case won or lost an account was defaulted that fact is reported until the 6th anniversary of the default date.
    Were you expecting that the SD being set aside meant the debt was extinguished.? I'm sorry to say it does
    not.
    The debt may not be enforceable via the legal system and Lowell's attempt to bankrupt you has also failed,
    the underlying debt is still there.

You could try complaining to Andrew Bartle COO at Lowell but I would not bank on any sympathetic response.

nem

- - - Updated - - -

Comment

Just as an update, now started receiving demand letters from lowells. Usual mail outs saying they would give me a 50% discount.

Is there any milage with suing them for harressment and that they still have the default on my credit file?

50% discount had that discount offer weeks ago nothing since! default fell off last year! SB very soon

Comment

Is there any milage with suing them for harressment
        Not for sending you discount letters. Harassment would be if they were ringing you non stop and/or if they sent letters containing threats that went beyond what could be regarded as normal collection activity.

and that they still have the default on my credit file?
        Having the SD set aside doesn't mean the default has to be removed, the recent Grace v Blackhorse case referred to an account that had been ruled unenforceable in court, setting aside a SD meanly means the insolvency route was not appropriate for your debt but the county court route is still open to them, until the debt is SBd. How long have you got left?

Comment

yes, ive just settled a damages case for default on credit file.
          And ive dealt with lowells recently for the same thing.

Certainly worth a look
          I work for Roach Pittis Solicitors. I give my free time available to helping other on the forum and would be happy to try and assist informally where needed. Any posts I make on LegalBeagles are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as legal advice. Any advice I provide is without liability.

If you need to contact me please email me on Pt@roachpittis.co.uk .

I have been involved in leading consumer credit and data protection cases including Harrison v Link Financial Limited (High Court), Grace v Blackhorse (Court of Appeal) and also Kotecha v Phoenix Recoveries (Court of Appeal) along with a number of other reported cases and often blog about all things consumer law orientated.

You can also follow my blog on consumer credit here.

Comment

Are you absolutely sure on your stat barred time scale?
            Was any comment made in court in reference to the
            enforceability of the agreement all the sect 78 discrepancies etc.

nem

Comment

Have to refer to my solicitor but it will be sb now. Last I knew, any letters should have gone to my solicitor. Lowells are ignoring that.

Comment

Have to refer to my solicitor but it will be sb now. Last I knew, any letters should have gone to my solicitor. Lowells are ignoring that.
                In that case, the default should be dropping off very soon, when was it recorded?

Comment

So Lowell have been ignoring a 3rd Party representative (solicitors) is this still happening?

nem

Comment

Originally posted by nemesis45 View Post
                    So Lowell have been ignoring a 3rd Party representative (solicitors) is this still happening?

nem
                    Yes, looks like it. The original default was in June but I think I once received a letter saying it was amended to October. Last payment was made in March 2009.

Comment

Hello Roy,
                      Default dates cannot be " amended" or changed once registered, have you been the victim of Barclaycard " Mercers Duff Default notice scam"? Where a DN was issued but was not compliant and BC carried on with reporting " late payment markers" instead of registering a default.

Ignoring an instruction to deal with a 3rd party representative is a Lowell trait, would be worth reporting this to the FCA " for information".

nem

Comment

Yes I was a victim and yes they are ignoring writing to my solicitor.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                        Working...
                        X