• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.
  • If you need direct help with your employment issue you can contact us at admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com for further assistance. This will give you access to “off-forum” support on a one-to- one basis from an experienced employment law expert for which we would welcome that you make a donation to help towards their time spent assisting on your matter. You can do this by clicking on the donate button in the box below.

Cash Shorts and Tips

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Cash Shorts and Tips

true very frustrating though.....it makes me so angry the way they treat staff.....for instance putting shift times 12.15-6 so they dont have to pay you for a break.....its a joke! hopefully leaving soon....and burning bridges on the way lol

Comment

Can't say I blame you - but be aware that if you are looking to stay in the same sector of employment, this practice is becoming common now.

In terms of burning bridges, just be careful what you do. It may feel immensely satisfying at the time, but less so if it comes back to haunt you. Remember it is now two years for employment protection, and you never know when you want a nice reference - references are money in the bank in any situation, and not having one (or not having a good enough one) can seriously damage your prospects.

Comment

thanks for the advice! fortunatly I ahve always worked two jobs, so can spin my employment history in a number of ways! just dying to find something I can actually land them in hot water with!

Comment

Looking at this am i correct that the staff collect the cash paid including tips and at the end of shify you hand over the cash that is invoiced what shortfall can there be in the pouch should be cash from food drink sold and tips so what is the problem if a bailiff for example collects 100 quid he pays the firm he works for 100 quid same scenario different industry can some one explain why a shortfaal should not be paid at the end of shift

Comment

Originally posted by wales01man View Post
            Looking at this am i correct that the staff collect the cash paid including tips and at the end of shify you hand over the cash that is invoiced what shortfall can there be in the pouch should be cash from food drink sold and tips so what is the problem if a bailiff for example collects 100 quid he pays the firm he works for 100 quid same scenario different industry can some one explain why a shortfaal should not be paid at the end of shift
            No. Because that is exactly the argument that the employer is using! The OP seems to be saying that sometimes they do not take the correct amount of money for some reason.

Comment

If as you say Eloise The OP seems to be saying that sometimes they do not take the correct amount of money for some reason.
              if the OP knows at the time there is a shortfall on the payment why is the manager not called if a customer is refusing some of the paymentwhich may be a reason should not the manager know seems that the staff only handing over cash at the end of the shift may not be a good idea as the OP says sometimes they may have over a grand on them seems too much pressure on them?

Comment

Originally posted by BlueStar83 View Post
                when I started ten years ago it was acase on ten per cent of your wage auto deducted a wek untill paid, now say if your down 50 quid they want it there and then, therese nothing in our contracts about this and I'm sure they cant do it? its just so managers get bonus for cash management
                Do they really get a bonus for cash management, which is surely just part of their job?

You make them sound like a wunch of bankers.

Comment

yea the managers get all sorts of bonuses, and we even get targeted on greeting custoemrs like long lost friends and how many garlic breads we sell as soon as the customer sits down....same as any company these days...also if a custoemr refuses to pay its just written off but sometimes you can be short with no real explanation.....its not the fact that you are being asked to pay the shortfall, the money is my responsibility its the manner in which its done.....

Comment

Originally posted by BlueStar83 View Post
                    thanks for the advice! fortunatly I ahve always worked two jobs, so can spin my employment history in a number of ways! just dying to find something I can actually land them in hot water with!
                    Something other than the cockroaches in the kitchen?

Comment

sorry to reactivate an old thread! just a further query, say I'm scheduled to finish at 8, and if the restaurant is really busy, can I be forced at short notice to work over? similar vein if im scheduled to finish at half ten, the restaurant closes at ten but the last vustomers or tyding up takes till 11 can I still leave at half ten, and finally say I finish at 8 i stop being paid at 8, but cashing off, counting the moeny and handing it over etc can take just a few minutes but anything upto half an hours if mistakes have been made, should we be paid for this as we cannot leave untill this is done so its part of the job? thanks in advance all!!!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                      See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                      X