• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Help.. My Car has been clamped by jacobs bailiffs.... unpayed parking fine

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help.. My Car has been clamped by jacobs bailiffs.... unpayed parking fine

Hi just wanted some advice on what's best to do!!!! My car has been clamped this morning by jacobs.... £200 to remove the clamp!!!! The bailiff was waiting in his car this morning & had already clamped my car then shoved a letter through my door, h then cameto my door & demanded full payment... I've emptyed my car as it's not worth much more & told him he can take it!!! Do i hand over keys & log book or shall i remove the clamp & park it on private property before they come & collect
    Last edited by jcl; 5th February 2013, 19:01:PM.
    Tags: None

Re: Help.. My Car has been clamped by jacobs bailiffs.... unpayed parking fine

They cannot charge to remove a clamp. For waht reason have they applied it? before clamping were you given an opportunity to pay first? Have you received a Notice of Seizure?

Comment

Hi i got a letter from them in november 2012 to say i owe £125.44 of which i forgot to pay, ive woken up this morning to a clamp on my car with a letter through my door stating balance due £299.44 payment in full within 24hrs. Then the bailiff knocked on my door & demanded full payment if not they wil recover the car at 4oclock today.... i've offered to pay £125.44 but he said NO he wants full payment of which i said take te car then
      Many thanks for your Quick Reply I don't know what to do because the car is only worth around £600 & i'm in the process of buying a new one

Comment

He might return at 4pm to release the car, as a vehicle only worth £600 would not realise enough at auction to pay for removal, storage and auctioneer's costs, let alone the original parking penalty.

Expect more nastiness from the oaf unless you can get the enforcement action stopped.

Comment

Get an independent witness to record on camera this thug at 4 oclock if he threatens action that is illegal you got him

Comment

What's the debt for? Can't help if you don't answer the questions - see the others in Post 2.

Comment

Hi Thankyou for your reply's.... it's now 16.10 & noone has been too remove the car.... i have phoned the bailiff & left a message stating if he would like the keys log book & for me too sign the car over to themselves as of yet i haven't received a call back... will keep you posted

For question 2..... i do apoligise it was a parking fine..... i appealed but my appeal got rejected

Comment

Originally posted by jcl View Post
                Hi Thankyou for your reply's.... it's now 16.10 & noone has been too remove the car.... i have phoned the bailiff & left a message stating if he would like the keys log book & for me too sign the car over to themselves as of yet i haven't received a call back... will keep you posted

For question 2..... i do apoligise it was a parking fine..... i appealed but my appeal got rejected
                He doesn't really want your car, he thinks clamping will make you pay him.

Comment

Originally posted by jcl View Post

Tell us a bit more about the ticket and your appeal? Where was your appeal heard?

Comment

I thought clapming was now illegal?!

Comment

Only in private car parks etc....does not apply if its parked outside your house I'm afraid.
                      "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

I am proud to have co-founded LegalBeagles in 2007

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

It is arguable that they could clamp in a private car park JBW have done that in the past, Jacobs are inveterate clampers who will clamp first and ask questions later.

Comment

Originally posted by bizzybob View Post
                          It is arguable that they could clamp in a private car park JBW have done that in the past, Jacobs are inveterate clampers who will clamp first and ask questions later.
                          Hi just an up date on my car been clamped....... No one has been in touch or beento tow my car away as of yet...... i've been reading up on alot off websites.... is it true it's illegal to clamp any other wheel apart from the drivers side? They have clamped the passenger side.... Any how i am now attempting to remove the clamp....without Damage of course.... as it's stated on the letter removal 24hrs..... it's been 33hrs..... & i will be dropping the clamp off at the police station if successful i'll keep you posted

Comment

i would remove it and through it in the river treat th idiot bailiffs with the contempt they deserve no clamp no evidence what would they do
                            wait for others to tell you you cant do this

Comment

Surprising what those totters will pinch to weigh in as scrap isn't it!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X