• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Ink Cartridges: Any recommendations?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ink Cartridges: Any recommendations?

Originally posted by FlamingParrot View Post
    I use a Continuous Ink System (CIS) since 2008, they are available for all Epsons. The running costs are much lower than using compatibles or refills and you don't have to worry about buying ink for a long time, when you're about to run out, you just buy another ink bottle of the colour(s) you need. The inks can last almost forever. A CIS will set you back around £50 to start with but you won't be spending any more for a long, long time. This compares very favourably with the ob$cene price of original Ep$on cartridge$$$!

Both my CISS came from Ebay.
    See my post above. I get compatibles at Asda for my Epson and save £5.00 on a multipack of three colour cartridges and £2-£3 per cartridge on black.
    Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

We tried the 'fill your own' cartridges and it was a flipping kerfuffle,,and,not known for my patience and tenacity,I slung the whole kit and caboodle in the bin and got on to ebay

Comment

I use a local shop that sells Cartridge World --I got Epsons

see here for your local supplier

http://enquiries.cartridgeworld.co.uk/store-locator/
        Last edited by Turboman; 3rd February 2013, 16:33:PM. Reason: posted USA link instead of UK

Comment

I get mine fom the cartridge people I buy the ones that are for my printer but that website are the cheapest I have found x
          nic xo

Comment

Originally posted by Inca View Post
            We tried the 'fill your own' cartridges and it was a flipping kerfuffle,,and,not known for my patience and tenacity,I slung the whole kit and caboodle in the bin and got on to ebay
            I tried that nearly 15 years ago, never again!!! When it came to the cyan ink, something went terribly wrong between the needle and the sponge inside the cartridge, resulting in a cyan parrot wearing cyan clothes in a cyan room! :Cry: :bathbaby: :yuck:

Comment

I tried that nearly 15 years ago, never again!!! When it came to the cyan ink, something went terribly wrong between the needle and the sponge inside the cartridge, resulting in a cyan parrot wearing cyan clothes in a cyan room! :Cry: :bathbaby: :yuck:
              That sounds more like a memory or print-head problem than a cartridge problem, FP.
              Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

Amazon it Hun!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/b?ie=UTF8&node=430492031

I get everything off the Amazon, xmas gifts for 9 people and spent £80 so thats pretty damn good!!

Comment

​Along with the 45kg of sugar,we found god knows how many inks,toners,reams of paper.

Comment

Originally posted by bluebottle View Post
                    That sounds more like a memory or print-head problem than a cartridge problem, FP.
                    I don't mean the printouts were all cyan, I probably wouldn't remember that after all these years, I mean I was all covered in cyan and so was the whole room! Cyan ink everywhere! When the Needle touched the sponge, the ink started squirting out! :rant::bathbaby:

Comment

a live person answered the phone
                      It would be rather difficult for them to answer the phone after death... msl:

Comment

Originally posted by CleverClogs View Post
                        It would be rather difficult for them to answer the phone after death... msl:
                        Silly Cloggy! :rofl:I meant a person as opposed to a recording which seems to be the norm these days, you know the sort of thing: press 1 for this, press 2 for that, press 3 for the other! :rant: :rant:

Comment

press 3 for the other!
                          I'd press 3, even though I'd doubt that "the other" can be delivered over the phone. :rofl:

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                          Working...
                          X