• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Ink Cartridges: Any recommendations?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ink Cartridges: Any recommendations?

I need to get ink cartridge for a HP printer and just wanting to know who you use that is cheap and cheerful and more importantly reliable?

Personal experiences of using a site would be preferable rather than simply a link to a website you have never used(hope that makes sense)
    "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
    (quote from David Ogden Stiers)
    Tags: None

Re: Ink Cartridges: Any recommendations?

We got refilled cartridges off ebay Leclerc,,and have never had a problem,,so much cheaper than buying new.

Comment

It depends on how valuable your printer and prints are to you. Because one of my many spare time interests (spare time being loosely defined arounbd my way - I have none!) is photography and I have a very good printer (for the photographs!) then I would never buy anything but the specified cartridges. But I never buy from the same place - I google and do a price / offer comparison, and since I buy a quantity at a time, I can usually get a good price and 3 for 2 or buy one get one free offers. Takes a little longer than just going to one place repeatedly, but usually gets me the best price. I have even been known to haggle, as in "such and such a site is offering 3 for the price of 2 but your price is slightly more competitive so would you care to improve your offer since I am buying 60 cartridges" - it's amazing what you can get away with if you are cheeky enough! By the way, in case anyone was wondering - my printer uses 6 cartridges not the usual 4, which is why 60 isn't quite as many as it sounds!

Comment

i use compatible cartridges for my epson from wilkinsos in town i print photos quality very good

Comment

Originally posted by Inca View Post
          We got refilled cartridges off ebay Leclerc,,and have never had a problem,,so much cheaper than buying new.
          Interesting....do you use the same seller on ebay? If so please link link

Eloise, I have an HP F4180 deskjet so two cartridge's black and colour(21 and 22 if that makes sense)......

Comment

I use a Continuous Ink System (CIS) since 2008, they are available for all Epsons. The running costs are much lower than using compatibles or refills and you don't have to worry about buying ink for a long time, when you're about to run out, you just buy another ink bottle of the colour(s) you need. The inks can last almost forever. A CIS will set you back around £50 to start with but you won't be spending any more for a long, long time. This compares very favourably with the ob$cene price of original Ep$on cartridge$$$!

Both my CISS came from Ebay.

Comment

Originally posted by leclerc View Post
              I need to get ink cartridge for a HP printer and just wanting to know who you use that is cheap and cheerful and more importantly reliable?

Personal experiences of using a site would be preferable rather than simply a link to a website you have never used(hope that makes sense)
              I got my latest printer and ink system (CIS) from this seller last June ---> http://myworld.ebay.co.uk/choose-you...E:L:OC:GB:1181

Comment

FP, I like it a lot but I have a bleeding HP printer which is incompatable with the CIS system.....oh well...

Comment

My previous CIS (2008) came from this seller ---> http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Inkjet-Revolution

They are the same guys from this site but their Ebay prices used to be lower than on their own website --> http://www.advancedinkjetsystems.com They were very helpful when I had some problems with the ink flow, a live person answered the phone and explained everything to me. The only reason I bought from another seller last year was because I was after a new printer as well and it came together with the CIS.

Comment

Originally posted by leclerc View Post
                    FP, I like it a lot but I have a bleeding HP printer which is incompatable with the CIS system.....oh well...
                    The site below cater for HP printers:
                    Originally posted by FlamingParrot View Post
                    My previous CIS (2008) came from this seller ---> http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Inkjet-Revolution

They are the same guys from this site but their Ebay prices used to be lower than on their own website --> http://www.advancedinkjetsystems.com They were very helpful when I had some problems with the ink flow, a live person answered the phone and explained everything to me. The only reason I bought from another seller last year was because I was after a new printer as well and it came together with the CIS.

Comment

I have HP Deskjet F4180 which is incompatable so far with the links I have had for the CIS system

Comment

I've bought inkjet cartridgesfrom these people . http://www.nandjinkjet.co.uk Very good service an not that expensive. I've no experience with contuous ink systems
                        Last edited by seduraed; 3rd February 2013, 19:21:PM. Reason: link missed

Comment

OH is having a mooch for you leclerc,,,believe it or not,,of the copious amounts of printers and inks retrieved from FIL's house,your required inks aren't among them

Eloise,FIL was a Crime Scene Photographer and my OH is a photographer,used to have his own studio.

Comment

HP21 black +HP57 colour @£16.99

Google Ink Cartridges HP Deskjet F4180 then pick Cartridge discount from list then put in printer series then model number(which is at bottom end of list) and it will give you a search page

and can't you tell I didn't have a scooby what I was typing msl:

Comment

Originally posted by wales01man View Post
                              i use compatible cartridges for my epson from wilkinsos in town i print photos quality very good
                              I've got compatibles from Asda for my Epson and they work fine. Depending on which HP printer you have, Leclerc, most of them can be easily refilled with an ink refill kit. HP cartridges are the easiest to refill. Their professional printers are another matter, however, especially the Scitex range, as that uses special inks you can only source from HP themselves.
                              Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X