• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Do Capquest callers use other company names?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do Capquest callers use other company names?

Hi,

This is quite complicated and I'm a newbie, please be gentle with me!

Before we moved to France in 2007, my husband was five years into repaying NatWest/RBS an unsecured loan over seven years, he was the sole borrower. Due to NatWest misappropriating funds from our joint bank account, the bank was instructed by FOS to refund us in full and pay us compensation of £500. We removed the balance because NatWest wrote to inform us they were closing our account, and they did!

However, my husband's loan repayments fell into arrears because of the misappropriation of funds. The NatWest/RBS demanded that I must bring the repayments up to date as my husband had become very ill (COPD) and we only had my State Pension as income. I refused, the PPI failed because my husband's illness was a pre-existing condition that he had brought to the bank's attention (in writing) before the loan was given. Eventually, we started receiving phone calls and letters from Capquest.

The outcomes of two years of worry and hassle was that the NatWest/RBS were instructed to pay me £1000 compensation for harassment over a debt that wasn't mine, which they did. FOS started action against NatWest/RBS on my husband's behalf, re mis-sold PPI, and they set up an agreement between my husband and NatWest/RBS whereby he accepted he would complete the loan repayments at the reduced rate of £100 per month, with no further interest added; my husband set up a SO and £100 per month has been paid every month since then out of his State Pension. Six months into the agreement, my husband and I both started receiving letters from the NatWest/RBS demanding repayment of debts on accounts that showed zero balances!

I immediately wrote to the NatWest/RBS, pointing out the error of their ways! We heard nothing further until December 2012, my husband received a letter from Capquest demanding immediate payment of the loan balance in full or we "could lose" our house (in France). My husband contacted FOS by email, he has not yet received a response, and he ignored the letter from Capquest.

This morning, a message was left on my husband's mobile phone by a "Mr Brennan" from "Sync Group" concerning "a business proposition". Mr Brennan is the name of the guy at Capquest who sent the threatening letter that my husband received in December. My husband's mobile phone credit (£5+) was taken. So, we assume that must have been some sort of reversal of charge?

We really don't know what to do next, and we would be very grateful for any/all advice, please.
    Tags: None

Re: Do Capquest callers use other company names?

Hello

Just to clarify here please.

Are you certain that the payment arrangement has been honoured in full, and do you have written proof that that is the case? This will determine the next move.

Comment

Hi Kafka,

Thank you very much for responding.

Yes, the payment arrangement has been honoured in full by my husband, no default whatever. Yes, we have confirmation from the Halifax, and Statements, that the monthly SO payments have been made every month to the NatWest/RBS loan account.

Comment

In that case you have all the data that you need already.

I suggest that you send two simple letters.

1) To NW/RBS informing them that CQ have been harassing you for a settled account. Tell them to instruct CQ to stop and not to provide your data to anyone else.

2) To CQ informing them that there is no debt on this account and that they have no business contacting you. If they contact you any further you will record all communications and take whatever action is necessary to pursue them for harassment.

Keep everything in writing and send all letters by recorded delivery to track arrival. Never speak to CQ on the phone.

That's how I would handle it, but just wait for other comments before doing this in case I've missed anything. Hopefully you won't have much further problem with this one as its straightforward. By all means post the draft of the letters here if you want advice.

Comment

Thank you very much, Kafka. I will draft the two letters whilst waiting for further replies, my husband is recovering from pneumonia (linked to COPD) and has only been out of hospital a few days, he's quite vulnerable.

In the meantime, I'll get the Capquest and NatWest/RBS letters collated, in case the contents are helpful clarification to be posted here.

Comment

:bump2:

Does anyone else have any comments on this one?

Comment

Yes, it sounds like Natwest have done everything in their power to make your lives miserable over the last few years. Outrageous behaviour!

I'd be throwing a lot more at them than the FOS if I were you.
              "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

I am proud to have co-founded LegalBeagles in 2007

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

Hi Celestine

You're not wrong! During the period when NatWest/RBS were removing £2,000+ from our account, they left us with no money for food and medication. We live in France and, at that time, we had to pay 30% of our medical bills, the rest was covered by private health insurance. I am a diabetic who has had two heart attacks and I take essential medication, I could not afford to pay for that during several months when NatWest argued with us and refused to acknowledge and address their inappropriate actions, ie the removal of our money from our account.

It took NatWest/RBS over two years to refund our money, after the FOS stepped in. It really was horrendous and frightening, and the total £1,500 compensation didn't even touch the interest that they piled on top of the loan balance - that was never addressed by the FOS!

Celestine, who else besides the FOS could we possibly approach, do you think - bearing in mind that we live outside the UK?

Thank you very much for your reply.

Comment

You can still take legal action against them, even though you're outside the UK. let me have a ponder, PM me if I don't come back to you.
                  "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

Thank you, Celestine, my OH and I are very grateful. That telephone message has really upset him, we both thought it was all over and we can't understand why those people continue to harass folks like us, law-abiding pensioners who live according to our means, without first finding out the full facts and in such an underhand manner.

I suppose we're quite naive really.

Comment

Keep a log of all communication from them from now on, as you will need this if you have to take further action for harassment. Hopefully that won't be needed but some DCAs go on and on. They are not worth you wasting time worrying over and hopefully this is a straightforward case to resolve.

Comment

http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...n-to-FOS-award

Comment

Thank you, Kafka. We wonder if they will now write - my OH has changed his SIM, so that will stop them phoning.

Comment

I can't access the link, Celestine. Am probably doing something wrong, I am a bit of a techie numpty, I'm afraid!

Comment

It links to here:

http://www.mortgagestrategy.co.uk/la...063822.article

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X