• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Civil Enforcement LTD

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Civil Enforcement LTD

Hi, all

I'm new to this site so I do apologize if this thread has already been posted but your advice would be greatly received.
    This week I have received a letter from a private company saying I had a £75 charge, which was to double to £150 if not paid withing 14 days.
    This was for parking in a disabled spot with out a blue badge, before you tell me, I know it is morally wrong but from a legal point of view where do I stand on this?

I have read other threads RE the same issue, and the general consensus seems to be that they do not have a legal leg to stand on. This company are part of the BPA, and most of these threads where from one or two years ago, so possibly the law has changed some since them.

Please could you pass on advice on this matter.

Many Thanks
    Moggi91
    Tags: None

Re: Civil Enforcement LTD

I assume this is a private ticket and not a Council one. If so file it with the Andrex. More on this thread http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...86-Parking-Eye

Comment

Sorry to badger you as I am well aware the answers are as good as answered in the other post having just read through it, but let me clarify.
      You say they cannot enforce it (even though I was parked in a disabled spot with out a blue badge)
      and that I shouldn't respond just merely ignore them and they will go away?

Is there any chance what so ever that I could end up with a hefty fine on my hands for taking this approach, and, not that I doubt you but just to cover myself, could you direct me to the legislation that defines this law, If you have access to a link please

once again, many thanks
      Moggi91

Comment

FYI, marked disabled parking area have ZERO legal validity on private land, so there isn't even a moral issue here..

Comment

Originally posted by ploddertom View Post
          I assume this is a private ticket and not a Council one. If so file it with the Andrex. More on this thread http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...86-Parking-Eye
          And yes it is a private ticket, I was on a retail park

Comment

I'm the proud (!) participant in the disabled bay community,I have one painted outside my house,and although it's very annoying when non badge holders park in it,there is no law against it.

Comment

Originally posted by moggi91 View Post

Is there any chance what so ever that I could end up with a hefty fine on my hands for taking this approach,
              You can only be fined if you broke the law. What law have you broken - none. All you have is a speculative invoice. If you like send me your address and I will send you one of mine - please be aware I am VAT registered so do charge the 20% for all services I bill for. You will get several letters of differing threat levels and they even use coloured crayons on some, you may even be lucky enough to get a letter from a Debt Collector or pretend solicitor.

Sorry if the above appears flippant but you are reading more into it than it actually is. Yes, they have an appeals process that isn't exactly independent & also have adjudicator who listens to further appeals - strange they have not once come down on the side of the poor motorist.

Comment

Dont know where this occured but as an avid reader of notices in car parks the wording dont mean diddley squat in an asda where we go the sign near the disabled bays states)disabled parking only) no mention of blue badges>i dont think these parking morons will take any action against anyone for parking there all their threats are bull---t no one should worry

Comment

I think you've converted me, firstly let me apologize to you Inca, secondly thanks to ; ploddertom and curlytom.

Best thing to do is just ignore it until the letters stop!!

Good advice
                  Moggi91

Comment

Originally posted by moggi91 View Post
                    I think you've converted me, firstly let me apologize to you Inca, secondly thanks to ; ploddertom and curlytom.

Best thing to do is just ignore it until the letters stop!!

Good advice
                    Moggi91
                    You will receive more letters as I said, if you need to check the situation hasn't changed just come back and we'll keep you right.

Comment

Originally posted by ploddertom View Post
                      You will receive more letters as I said, if you need to check the situation hasn't changed just come back and we'll keep you right.
                      top man

Comment

Originally posted by wales01man View Post
                        Dont know where this occured but as an avid reader of notices in car parks the wording dont mean diddley squat in an asda where we go the sign near the disabled bays states)disabled parking only) no mention of blue badges>i dont think these parking morons will take any action against anyone for parking there all their threats are bull---t no one should worry
                        That's EXACTLY where I got a ticket recently from Town and Country parking.
                        Got a couple of demands from them then three from a wannabe DCA demanding the same and ever increasing amounts.
                        Last letter was for £280 and court action within FIVE days of the letter.
                        Haven't heard anything from them for several months now, so I guess they got bored

Comment

hi everyone.. Am very new to this site but would welcome some advice... I also received a parking notice for £75 which would rise to £150 if not paid... I appealed but as you rightly point out it was denied and the offer of a "manager review" was sent to appeal further... From reading the excellent advice on here it seems that I could ignore it... Will this be wise even after I have appealed ???

Paul

Comment

No need to apologise,,I can fully understand why folks park in them specially when they're empty and the rest of the car park is full and to get a ticket is absurd IMHO.

Comment

Originally posted by Paul19 View Post
                              hi everyone.. Am very new to this site but would welcome some advice... I also received a parking notice for £75 which would rise to £150 if not paid... I appealed but as you rightly point out it was denied and the offer of a "manager review" was sent to appeal further... From reading the excellent advice on here it seems that I could ignore it... Will this be wise even after I have appealed ???

Paul
                              You have some choices to make:
                              1 - take it all the way to POPLA - costs the parking co to do this & even if you lose you can still ignore it
                              2 - ignore it - and all the letters that will follow of differing threats
                              3 - payit - but before you do send me £100 for advising you to do so
                              4 - read this http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...86-Parking-Eye , doesn't matter what the name of the company they are all the same.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X