• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Welcome Finance secured loan advice

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Welcome Finance secured loan advice

That's them, all my letters have been sent to Leeds.

I'm not sure about the shortfall breakdown although I do know that they sold it via an estate agent.

With regards to any statement etc, I had already 'done a runner' so to speak so I don't have any paperwork from that side of things.

Comment

Originally posted by ASL3212 View Post
      That's them, all my letters have been sent to Leeds.

I'm not sure about the shortfall breakdown although I do know that they sold it via an estate agent.

With regards to any statement etc, I had already 'done a runner' so to speak so I don't have any paperwork from that side of things.
      A Subject Access Request (SAR) should produce the necessary paperwork. It will cost you £10. There's a SAR for mortgages here --> http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...-for-mortgages you may have to edit some bits to reflect your circumstances but should give you a starting point.

Comment

Hi

I received this letter from Mackenzie Hall today:

Dear *insert name*

Our Ref: ********* Client Ref: ***********

We are attempting to contact the above named person regarding a personal matter. We have been provided your address as being possible residential detail for our subject.

Therefore if you are the person named above then please contact our office immediately on telephone number 0844 411 5669 quoting ref number ********** whereupon further detailed information can be provided.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If however you are not the named person above and/or have any information regarding the persons possible whereabouts then please contact our investigation team in confidence on the alternative telephone number or email address below.

Telephone 08444115669
        Email cattles@mackenziehall.co.uk (subject: not known/goneaway)

We look forward to hearing from you as soon as possible.

Yours Sincerely

Mackenzie Hall LTD

What should I do??

Comment

subscribe
          Never give up, Never surrender.

Comment

What do you mean by subscribe? Thanks

Comment

I am intrested in your post as I also have issues with Welcome,and Mackenzie Hall, I will get updates as and when someone posts by e mail which links me back to the post!

Comment

Oh right I wasn't aware you could do that, cheers!!

Comment

Thats ok, I only learnt about it last year!

Comment

Do you have any advice / views on the letter received today?

Comment

That letter implies Mackenzie Hall are on a 'fishing expedition' since they're not sure you are the actual person they are chasing at that address which is why they specifically say "if you are not the person named above or have any information regarding the persons possible whereabouts . . . ". Since Mackenzie Hall are well known as debt collectors (or a quick check on Google will confirm this) I'm not sure the OFT would be happy to hear that they are possibly breaching their Debt Collection Guidance on confidentiality etc.

Dogtired is right - read up more about this DCA on this site and you'll feel better

Comment

I have read plenty on this forum about them and their shady tactics. Surely if somebody was to reply saying they wasn't the person they are looking for, they could get done for opening 'someone else's' mail??

Comment

You could also say i have the same name but im not the debtor then tell yhem a different birthdate to your own what can they say or do then?

Comment

Received another identical fishing letter today.

Comment

Let them fish away. They may find an old boot at the end of their tackle

Comment

Originally posted by Ruby View Post
                                Let them fish away. They may find an old boot at the end of their tackle
                                OUCH
                                :faint:

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X