• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Tenants in Common and Inheritance Tax

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tenants in Common and Inheritance Tax

My mother has just passed away and I have no idea how to find a copy of her and my father's Tenants in Common agreement. Can anyone help? Could it be at a solicitors?
    Also can anyone explain whether the 650,000 free allowance is applicable to my sister and I?
    Tags: None

Re: Tenants in Common and Inheritance Tax

Where did you get 650K free allowance from (if you mean IT)? I think it's half that (but stand to be corrected). Someone will be along shortly who knows!

Comment

Hi, I'm so sorry to hear your sad news, please accept my condolences. Did your mum leave a will ? If so then you may find all you need with her solicitor or the will writing firm that did it for her.

Have a read of this guide https://www.gov.uk/wills-probate-inheritance it may help with inheritance tax and so on.

Its £325,000 Miss FM.

Comment

Thanks Sapphy and Ocraz49 I am also so sorry for your loss - most particularly sorry that my last post appeared heartless. Please accept my unreserved apologies.

Sapphy has given you good advice.

Comment

Thank you for your condolences. I have the will to hand and it does not even mention anything about the Tenants in Common agreement. Perhaps I have the wrong idea, I thought that my dad would be classed as not using his tax allowance of 325,000 which would pass down the line.
          Could I have the cheek to ask one more question? Mum made my older sister and my cousin executors of the will, which leaves in equal parts the residue of estate to my sister and I. As soon as mum passed, she changed the locks on the door and the alarm number and told me I couldn't enter, and wouldn't allow me a set of keys. Is this legal. Also when I was allowed inside, accompanied by my cousin, all valuable items had been removed from the property and she refuses to account for them. What is the procedure where this is concerned. Sorry, I know that was more than one question extra and I apologise. I feel alone in all of this and it is so, so stressful. Hope you can advise.x

Comment

No problem, the reason I was questioning was because I am lost when it comes to Tenants in Common, Wills, and Inheritance Tax.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X