• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Parking Eye PCN

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parking Eye PCN

Hi all i'm so glad i found this site, as i've been landed with a £100 PCN for staying in a 2 hour free parking car park 44 minutes extra!!! I took my disabled mum shopping just after christmas and parked on The Range in St Helens,as all the normal blue badge areas were full. My mum has a spine condition which means she has to sit down at every opportunity she can, so our shopping trips last longer than normal,we parked in the disabled bay and had her badge clearly displayed (does this count for nothing!?!)
    Do i ignore the demand - which seems to be the general trend on here- or do i offer to pay for the extra 44 minutes ???? Any advice would be gratefully received
    Thanks in advance
    Tags: None

Re: Parking Eye PCN

File it under I (ignore) as private parking firms have very little actual power when it comes to enforcement as they rely on IMPLIED contract law.
    You will get numerous letters demanding payment with even more laughable consequences for non-payment, but they soon give up..

Further enjoyment available here: http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showtopic=46975

You can always offer to pay the outstanding time at the going rate for that area, so that would be a big fat ZERO

Comment

If the driver of a motor vehicle is disabled or the vehicle is being used for the carriage of a disabled person, PPCs have to be very careful they don't open mouth without engaging brain which, in their case, they do most of the time, as the Equality Act 2010 can come into play and result in a them being fined. This happened local to me when a PPC tried to extort £60 from a disabled driver after 2 hours. Unluckily for the PPC, the disabled driver has a law degree and wiped the floor with them. After the local council got involved, PPCs and their clients were more or less cajoled into allowing disabled drivers and drivers of vehicles being used to transport disabled persons 3 hours instead of 2 hours, which brought them into line with what the local council allows vehicles used by the disabled using municipal car parks.
      Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showtopic=82942&hl=

M1

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X